Votes: 48 71.6%

• Total voters

FerrariFXX 07

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Bartman399
Hi guys
Just gained quite a bit of cash after completing the Holiday Seasonal events (which were awesome by the way).
I've always thought about these 3 cars so much but Im not sure which one to buy, because they are all the same in stock mode.
Is there one car that stands out in any way? Or is it just buy whatever and I'll get the same result? (I'm not a great tuner I'll admit that stright up).
All thoughts and comments appreciated

Note: Toyota GT86 Racing '13 is not included here, so please don't keep bringing it up.

I bought them all and fully tuned them when the game came out. I forgot if they are all the same pp fully tuned. I decided to keep the Subaru BZR because when all 3 were launched, I remember reading that the BZR had the engine lower than the other two. Therefore better handling. Is this difference translated in the cars in the game ? ... Not sure.

Didn't vote, because I can't remember.

they are literally all exactly the same apart from some visual flares. I know this because my dad just bought and 86 in real life, and we did look at the BRZ. We decided to go with the Toyota because we already have two other Toyota's (:grumpy:) and we know their garage is good. The FRS is exactly the same as the Toyota just for the american market (i believe)

Scion FR-S is basically Toyota GT86 (or 86 or FT86 in some other places) just in north american.
Subaru BRZ in design is bit different (compare the front between the three) also different engine and also other bits

I have no idea if this has been replicated in GT6, but the real life difference between the three is that the FRS and the 86 are the same, but the BRZ has a slightly softer spring rate while the 86's is more aggressive.

Subaru BRZ in design is bit different (compare the front between the three) also different engine and also other bits

No, it does not. All three have the same FA20 2.0 boxer motor.

SVX
I have no idea if this has been replicated in GT6, but the real life difference between the three is that the FRS and the 86 are the same, but the BRZ has a slightly softer spring rate while the 86's is more aggressive.

I thought it was the other way round, the BRZ is the stiffer of the two, but don't quote me on that lol.

The only real difference in game is the visuals, the BRZ has an Impreza-style rear wing as an option. And I know OP said don't mention it but the 86 GT Racing '13 with 350bhp on SH tyres is sublime :drool:

Hint: While GT86 and FRS is basically the same, the BRZ is somewhat different especially on handling and sound.

I take the brz only because of the rear wing but for me all three are the same
Special Stage Route X_2.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was the other way round, the BRZ is the stiffer of the two, but don't quote me on that lol.

It could very well be, I think you may be right. I figured aggressive = stiffer but now that I think of it it would be softer as I watched a video explaining the differences, and it said the BRZ was more planted around corners while the 86 was more eager to bring the rear out, and if I can recall correctly a softer rear spring rate induces more oversteer.

tl;dr: You're right, I'm wrong. :lol:

Scyotaru? No I think it is the Tobarion. Actually now I think about it the Subiota sounds right... Or was it the Scyotaru?

What was the question.
Will give this a bit of a test. I enjoyed the 86, didn't like the downright sinister driving position of the FRS.

A mate has the 86S, real nice drive. It's just styling differences between 86 & BRZ as far as I'm aware. Love these cars but I drive the Suby more than the others.

BRZ has higher spec standard but has also depreciated quicker than the the 86 in OZ.

Toybaru: a great con? Either way, I seriously gave it a long purchasing consideration, but in the end I had to pass because I needed back seat space....
Subaru has different spring/damper ratings then its Toyota twin. Not by much, but it's slightly stiffer, like by a couple percentage. I heard that for some export markets steering rack ratio is also a little quicker too, altho' I've not got a credible proof. As for Scion and Toyota, they are pretty much identical save for the badge. Scion is North America-only brand for Toyota, a so-called "Youth Oriented" marketing exercise.

All in real life, of course. In GT6?? No clue. None at all. They are DUPLICATES!!! :lol:

I absolutely love these cars in GT6. I have all three different varieties and a couple of the racing variants. I keep different setups on each. One is a higher PP and the other two are setup for different types of tracks. I love 'em...

I found GT 86 hard to drive in GT5, kept spinning out with this one on corner exists. However the FRS seems to handle great everywhere, haven't tried out the BRZ yet. I'll try it out next time I play GT.

I found GT 86 hard to drive in GT5, kept spinning out with this one on corner exists. However the FRS seems to handle great everywhere, haven't tried out the BRZ yet. I'll try it out next time I play GT.
Are you driving these cars 100% stock? If they are tuned, are the tunes identical?

I played GT5 only minimally and only had access to the 86 (the BRZ was payed downloadable content that I didn't bother to get) but it could--conceivably--have something to do with them not being released at the same time. Don't hold me to that, as I'm basically talking out of my 🤬 and don't really know if this is an acceptable reason for the difference. I haven't had any difficulty holding a line in GT6 even when CH tires are equipped, so I can only imagine they'd been modified in your tests (as addressed in the post above).
SVX
All three have the same FA20 2.0 boxer motor.
Purely technically speaking, I believe the Toyota/Scion engine is referred to as the 4U-GSE whereas only the Subaru gets the FA20 moniker. That said, I don't know that there are any physical differences aside from the likely corresponding casting numbers.

Just ran all three And as you may expect they are all pretty close. The settings for the BRZ-S and the Hachi Roku are the same on the suspension side of things. Oddly the Subaru has 4cc less raw engine displacement. Less than a teaspoon of power... could make the difference. (Nice excuse to have when you lose a race to the Sky On or Toy Yoda.)

The Scion despite being a southpaw has some fun sounding paint chips. Those that enjoy Warhammer 40,000 will probably gravitate towards "Ultramarine" Chapter Approved paintchip- (I myself got Asphalt.) It does have the worst Horn sound. And you have to sit in the passenger seat to steer the car...

Subaru - The classic WR Blue Mica paint chip... Just need some Gold Prodrive style alloys and you are good to go.

Toyota - Can you say Hachi Roku? It is a Chad Johnson of lightweight Front engine rear wheel drive sports coupes.

All three were good fun. (No traction Control and ABS=0) But all three come with very sticky Sport Hards tyres, so each car can be chucked about more than you expect.

Not a bad car. Bit down on power. But dropping the tyres to realistic (Comfort) levels improved it for me.

Edit
(Chad Johnson is an American Footballer who used the number 85 - so changed his name to Eight Five but in Spanish Ocho Cinco... So The Toyota is like Chad Johnson, but One better)

-----

Had another go at the Single Make event (A Licence or maybe International B) At Fuji.
Only three laps and a 10 grid. (Mine had America's very own Gates McFadden from off the Telly in that Star Trek show driving a Subaru BRZ S.)

Fuji (Tyres) Fast lap (Race pace)
86GT (CS) - 2m12.5 (6m43)
86GT (CM) - 2m14.0 (6m48)
86GT (CH) - 2m16.0 (6m52)
FRS--(CS) - 2m10.3 (6m38)
FRS--(CM) - 2m12.1 (6m40)
BRZ S (CS) - 2m10.1 (6m36)

All stock except for the tyres (AI runs SH) - I am not too sure why the 86GT is so slow - Maybe the skew in times is just down to track time and If I ran the 86GT right after the Subaru I would get the same sort of lap time - My first go at the event was a bit of a plodder's pace content to follow the AI, later on I was happy to run looping on the outside lines in some places as the AI won't run you off the track Vettel style or up the inside in places where the AI leaves a constant gap.
Exit Turn 1 the AI would squeeze me.

So I guess the Subaru is the fastest when I am pedalling it.

Last edited:
The FR-S is basically a US market 86.

The BRZ is an 86 with a boxer engine.

:boggled:.

Back