Competitors and Viewers Criticize Stewarding at FIA GT Championship's Nurburgring World Tour

Much or less it helps the player's lap time be consistent. So why haven't we received the option to turn it off after the arrival of three updates if I'm not misremembered?
Maybe for some of us but these guys don't need a little red tbingy they know the game inside-out.

Still using suggested gear and no heavy damage implementation at Official FIA's live event!? Come on........
Unless Heavy damage was implemented throughout the seasons leading up to FIAGTC it would kinda unfair, But yeah Heavy damage, longer race, and car settings all this should be in play. and suggested gear is not very accurate and its on of the setting people forgot its there.

On the Monza incidente, despite looking really bad, I think it's a consequence of the bumper physics of GT more than a heavy T-bone from the Merc into the Lexus.in my opinion it's a racing incident because both drivers made poor judgments about where the opponent was in relation to a corner. The Merc messed up T1 entry and Lexus messed up T2 entry. They both should have left more space on the inside (or in other words, have a wider line).

I also think of the Merc stops or brakes there to avoid touching the Lexus who's citing into the apex, not leaving any space, he's overtaken by the Toyota and the car behind it (who would simply follow the Lexus) up to the second chicane.

I don't know if TCS is allowed in these events (I suppose it is) but I would probably turn it on for the first corner just in case I get bumped on the side.

In GT the smaller touch can cause a car to spin. Is one of the things that I believe should improve. Cars should be able to keep more grip and weight when bumped. Not as much as Forza 7 maybe but for sure more than what we have atm.

Unless Heavy damage was implemented throughout the seasons leading up to FIAGTC it would kinda unfair, But yeah Heavy damage, longer race, and car settings all this should be in play. and suggested gear is not very accurate and its on of the setting people forgot its there.
Not the accuracy of suggested gear is the problem, but but it behaves to show the braking point. As what I said much or less it helps players as another driving assistant. I don't care if it is used on online races though, I just want to drive without it at least for offline practices. I have lost interest playing GTS about over a month because of it.

Last edited:
I told him myself that I think it's completely justified and he shouldn't have reacted the way he did. However, the way PD went about it (randomly passing it on in the middle of the afterparty when all of us are trying to wind down) was really poor. God forbid you get crashed by other people in 4 out of your 5 races and in every single incident, nobody cared. They should be putting the quality of racecraft as priority over something like that imo.

I have my own issues with my Ford race at Sardegna where the BMW ahead of me moved into my line under braking 3/7 laps and ran me off at turn 1 as well. Things like this go completely unnoticed and they're pivotal to the overall results. Nobody wants to deal with this, and the stewards should be paying more attention universally.
Gotcha. Yeah, I completely understand that criticism. I agree that the stewards need to continue to evolve their processes, pay more attention, or perhaps have more eyes on these events, etc.

Not the accuracy of suggested gear is the problem, but but it behaves to show the braking point. As what I said much or less it helps players as another driving assistant. I don't care if it is used on online races though, I just want to drive without it at least for offline practices. I have lost interest playing GTS about over a month because of it.
Its a non issue it doesn't take into account type of tires, wears, and Drafting or which line are taking. Plus using it would mean you have to take your eyes of the center of the screen constantly. With so much going on you would punting ppl left and right.

Last edited:
Its a non issue it does take into account type of tires, wears, and Drafting or which line are taking. Plus using it would mean you have to take your eyes of the center of the screen constantly. With so much going on you would punting ppl left and right.
If you sre using bumper cam it is right in the middle of the screen. However, if you use it you will brake way earlier than you need to and be in the wrong gear for the fast corners.
Much better to memorize braking points and best gears for corners. Another suggestion. When practicing or learning a track, maybe set the hud to race info only. You will be able to see your lap times but the screen is gloriously clear of distractions. I use it to learn tracks. I am a BS pleb so factor that into my advice :D

I'm more amazed that GTP ran an article that openly criticizes PD. Haven't seen something like that since GT5P/early GT5 days as all news content have always been neutral or pro PD in the last few years. Even if there is a game breaking issue, usually the article only goes up after the patch has been released. Good to see though 👍 I think GTP is the only mainstream channel that has enough clout to influence PD without risking their invite to important events like launches or world tours.

Maybe some of the more well off aliens can band together and threaten to start their own e-sports championship. FISA-FOCA style ;)

I'm more amazed that GTP ran an article that openly criticizes PD. Haven't seen something like that since GT5P/early GT5 days as all news content have always been neutral or pro PD in the last few years.

Hope this dialogue between GTP and PD develops in the right way. It doesn't need to be contentious, finding the right mix with mutual respect and desire to add value should be the first principles.

Back