Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mclarenLB, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Can I instead beat almost all challenges on Diamond, then leave one out at Gold? To maximize all my creds

Wavathar likes this.
  2. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

Wow. Monza was easy as hell to diamond, despite this plowy car.

Wavathar likes this.
  3. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester

That would work, because your rewards will be based on the lowest grade that you have on all of them. All diamond besides one gold will get the gold reward, then you spend your credits down to 0, then finish it up to diamond to get the rest.

Qyn, meck_rb7 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  4. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

@Alpha Cipher I guess it‘ll be easiest to just diamond all but one, then silver the last one, spend all credits and then gold all. You then spend the 20.000.000 Cr. and then diamond it to get 100.000.000 :idea:

TLDR:
    1. Diamond 9 tracks
    2. Silver 10th track
    3. Spend all Cr. (Max 18.500.000 + the ones you had before)
    4. Gold 10th track
    5. Spend all Cr.
    6. Diamond 10th track
    7. Be happy with 100.000.000 Cr.

At least that should work, I guess :boggled:

EDIT: Just saw that archieving Gold gives you the cap limit increase, so you can save the silver time thing, I think

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Qyn, Romafo72, meck_rb7 and 5 others like this.
  5. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

"Wow, I'm impressed." was what I got for getting gold at Dragon Trail, Maggiore and Brands Hatch. Don't know about diamond yet... gold is the best I've done so far on any track.

Qyn, SmokeyMR2, Gylfilleneuve and 3 others like this.
  6. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

oh damn that's the BEST! Thank you!!!
    Good to know!

Qyn likes this.
  7. zocker_16

zocker_16

@mclarenLB : Fantastic effort to complete all of this till the afternoon. :bowdown:
    I started around 9 a.m german time and live-streamed all challenges for about 7 hours.
    I got 9 diamonds and one gold lap time. The only one missing is Willow, a track I don´t like and where I didn´t had many laps on so far.
    In my opinion this is the hardest one to beat not only because I wasn't able to do it also because of the small gap between Hamilton and the Top 10 times.
    Theres just not room for mistakes.:bowdown:
    Easiest one for me was the Nordschleife (maybe because i´m used to drive GR.1 and faster cars around there :D), had about 4 or 5 restarts there and got the diamond time on my first complete lap by 0,04 sec. :lol::D

Thank you for showing there's another extra 100.000.000 Cr. at the end so I can waste my 29 Mio. on the account before I give Willow another go. :lol::tup:

Check the stream here:

Qyn, NaketWookie, sirjim73 and 5 others like this.
  8. gtpierre

gtpierre

This is with BoP right ? Without it seems too easy in regular TT conditions

Pigems likes this.
  9. Granadier

Granadier

Lewis in shambles after seeing how quickly all his Diamond times were beaten

10. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

Actually you can save the silver times bc golding all raises the cap already

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  11. zocker_16

zocker_16

Had about 10 Mio. Cr. on my Account. Got 5 Diamonds, spent the 20 Mio. on the Ferrari 330, got 4 more Diamonds and one gold. Unlocked the Cr. Limit and now i´m back to 29 Mio. which i´ll spent before doing the last challenge. :cheers:

Romafo72, dimassa19 and GTPHugo008 like this.
  12. xrnzaaas

xrnzaaas

This is something I don't get. I know that many people absolutely hate trophies, but adding them would definitely help to maintain a healthier playerbase, especially if new trophies weren't easy or fast to unlock.

sirjim73, bloodyboyblue, Pfei and 2 others like this.
  13. Leftcurl

Leftcurl

would be better if you could have an option to unghost Hamilton... and then ram that sucker into oblivion :cheers:

14. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

No BoP just 100/100 default settings. Not a definite but it seems Hamilton set these times way back around launch (this mode has basically been sitting idle for at least a year whilst licencing was sorted out) so the car was less of an understeering barge back then :lol:

15. stpatty

stpatty

I'm surprised and a little disappointed myself. GT6's DLC had trophies and I don't know of any games that have added non-cosmetic stuff like this without any trophies. I would've loved to see the 100% for the game at least get even rarer, but oh well.

As for the AMG, I'm surprised at people saying it understeers. I tried it when this DLC was first announced and the TCS was at 2, meaning I'd driven it before and found it a bit slidey. It's definitely still slidey. Am I just too used to the Gr.3 GT-R?

16. Pigems

Pigems Premium

If there were trophies involved then the only way to get a platinum would be to buy the DLC, those who didn’t buy it would not be able to get all trophies.

GTR365 likes this.
  17. Famine

Famine Administrator

Add-on trophies won't affect the requirements for Platinum - it'll remain as the original suite of trophies.

I've got a few games now where I'm at 60% trophy completion but have the Platinum :lol:

Quakebass, Blackdog8, NAXEHT and 4 others like this.
  18. Pigems

Pigems Premium

I didn’t know that, thanks for the info. :cheers:

GTR365 likes this.
  19. watto79

watto79

It's understeery under braking and at turn in. Put your right foot down too hard too soon and you'll absolutely lose the rear end too :lol:

SmokeyMR2, doblocruiser and Pigems like this.
  20. Pigems

Pigems Premium

So it’s Undoversteery then. :lol:

Qyn, Wavathar, SmokeyMR2 and 4 others like this.
  21. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's a situation I refer to as "nonedersteer".

22. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I presume he questions the teams strategy and says it's frickin ridiculous that another car has got ahead.

23. breeminator

breeminator

That's throttle induced loss of traction rather than the car's basic balance between over and understeer. Any sufficiently powerful car will break rear traction with the throttle, but that's a different thing to the basic balance of the car when steering, in terms of whether it's limited by front or rear grip.

24. 05XR8

05XR8

In essence, the DLC is $11.95AUD, for 120mil Cr?

25. meck_rb7

meck_rb7

That's a good tactic. But i think it's smart to diamond 9 times and gold the one where you think it's the most easiest to get... Otherwise you spend all of your credits to find out your unable to diamond that last time... that would be a bummer... or am i thinking wrong here?

Romafo72 and Nuschel01 like this.
  26. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

And 4 Mercedes race cars.

Romafo72 and 05XR8 like this.
  27. Leggacy

Leggacy

Didn’t Lewis say that he’d re-do the laps if they were beaten?

Blackdog8 and Gylfilleneuve like this.
  28. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

It took me 500km to beat Hamilton time at Dragon Trail because I kept messing up the chicane. Finally I nailed it and got a 1:36:8xx

You can't imagine how incredible happy I am with my first victory :bowdown:

I would put this in difficulty 3/5 since the chicane is extremely hard to get right. Far worse then Monza.

29. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Put brake balance to -4 and you should be good on the brakes. Still understeers very very nasty. Car of LH seems to have différent grip level.

GaryCorvette and watto79 like this.
  30. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

Can you change any settings on the car? TCS? ABS? I’m used to running 1 and weak on gr.3 cars, so that would help. Not to mention the awful rear toe they serve you on all cars.