Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
Thanks for all the info here but I would like to hear more impressions of difficulty from players who have not been to most of the FIAGTC World Tours...

My benchmark for difficulty in Gran Turismo was the Alfa Romeo 8C lap at Eiger Nordwand in GT5. I beat that (on controller) by what felt like a fluke run - 1 out of about 500 attempts. I'm not sure I would have the patience to do that 10 times over.

(I'm not counting the X2010 challenge because that was biased towards wheel users and effectively impossible.)

I am a regular player and while gold is absolutely do-able without hairpulling sessions, Lewis his Platinum times are. You need to drive tidy and really be more precise with your inputs. As said before, Dragon Trail took me over 400km to platinum, only because of that bloody chicane.

It is a real challenge for me personally as a regular. Besides that, the Merc is terrible to drive and differs from Lewis's one.

A time consuming event it is. Comparable with some harder spécial évents in AC but that probably doesn't help much.

So far for today with almost 600km driven:
- Dragon Trail: platinum
- Lago Maggiore: gold
- Interlagos: gold
- Monza: platinum (pretty easy)

Pluspoint: you'll improve ;)

I’m actually enjoying the grind though, reminds me of the GT of old trying to gold the license tests. My first day of playing the game without being near a daily race or lobby. I can pretty much accept I am not going to be able to beat any of his times but with a bit of work the golds might be achievable for me.

Except for the Nordschliefe, it can bugger right off

I know @GT5Power has completed them all on the pad already

Indeed ;) Not nearly as quickly as Thomas though. Times:

1. Dragon Trail Seaside - 1:36.672 (-0.422)
2. Lago Maggiore GP - 1:55.159 (-0.296)
3. Brands Hatch GP - 1:22.915 (-0.050)
4. Big Willow - 1:11.305 (-0.003)
5. Suzuka - 1:58.466 (-0.042)
6. Monza - 1:46.711 (-0.261)
7. Mount Panorama - 2:01.467 (-0.010)
8. Interlagos - 1:30.891 (-0.032)
9. Nürburgring GP - 1:55.302 (-0.066)
10. Nürburgring Nordschleife - 5:38.614 (-2.008)

These are the first Diamond laps I completed for their respective events. There's time left in all of them (especially the last one), but I can't be bothered to try again because this was quite difficult :eek: Willow Springs was the hardest one, followed by Nordschleife and Suzuka.

The AMG in the challenge feels really weird, it understeers like hell. If you put the power down mid corner it just goes straight instead of losing the rear :lol: Don't know what's up with that, it sucks on these physics. The Sauber is fun when you figure out how to drive it :D

Last edited:
I’ve tried everything sober so moving onto wine next and see if that helps...

You'll be ok until you start to see 2 ghosts on the track at the same time :lol:

I've not bought the DLC yet as, frankly, I've got a million other things to work at with the rest of the update, first. Might pick it up down the road.
Although Laguna Seca presumably coming next month so that's December and January out :lol:

He did say he was going to come back and beat them, I believe. He probably backed off so there was an actual chance.

Well, that’s what I’m telling myself so I have the confidence when I finally get to try it lol

You can tell that the challenge times were set a very, very long time ago, when the physics were different. Either that or Hamilton keeps lifting mid-straight at speeds over 160mph so I can catch up...

Also, LH's cutscene and all still shots for this DLC look like they were taken at the same time as his original Nurburgring lap guide video (in 2017).

His appearance (hair, tattoos) has changed a fair bit since then.

You can tell that the challenge times were set a very, very long time ago, when the physics were different. Either that or Hamilton keeps lifting mid-straight at speeds over 160mph so I can catch up...
Would his time be faster or slower had he set the lap times with current physics model?

Hold up. 100 MILLION FOR BEATING ALL THE TIMES? I'm sold. That's enough of an incentive for me to buy it, as I desperately want the D-Type and the Ferrari 330 P4! I should be able to beat them, but I don't think my brother will have a chance... I don't have the DLC yet but I managed to do a 1:37.403 around Dragon Trail just to see how hard the times would be.

Beat Mikail Hizal's lap record DLC would be more interesting maybe... :lol:
How much would you pay for that? :lol:

With cookies. Granted I have no idea what the conversion or exchange rate would be but with him as Nations Cup champ, lots of cookies..probably.

Thanks for all the info here but I would like to hear more impressions of difficulty from players who have not been to most of the FIAGTC World Tours...
I'm at 40k DR, and now I've realised the Fanatec FFB changed in the same update as the DLC arrived, and have adjusted my wheel settings to compensate a bit, I've managed diamond for a couple of them (Monza and DTS). I don't know if I'll manage diamond for all of them, will take me a while to work through them all, but it doesn't seem as totally impossible as it did when the FFB wasn't giving me the information I need.

The AMG in the challenge feels really weird, it understeers like hell. If you put the power down mid corner it just goes straight instead of losing the rear :lol: Don't know what's up with that, it sucks on these physics. The Sauber is fun when you figure out how to drive it :D
Wow, glad I’m not the only one who thought that. It just doesn’t feel...right

"Wow, I'm impressed." was what I got for getting gold at Dragon Trail, Maggiore and Brands Hatch. Don't know about diamond yet... gold is the best I've done so far on any track.

Cool - if he's impressed with gold love to hear what he says for diamond.
I think LH has done a great job doing this..... sure he won't be reading, but if you are Mr. Hamilton, thanks very much!! Will start watching the ghost replays to see how the 6 times F1 world champion does it! :cheers:

Really enjoying this challenge. Nice to have something that is actually hard in the campaign, as I feel the Circuit Experience, Driving School and Missions are way too easy to gold.

Drove 600+km today in the LH Time Trials and have got the gold for tracks 1-8. Nurb GP and Nordschleife left. So far Willow Springs was the hardest for me to gold, more then half of my 600+km where on that wretched track :D

I believe with enough practice and time devoted to this I can get diamond, but currently I'm averaging around 1sec +/- of Lewis's times. Gonna revisit after I clear all gold :)

Also .. can't complain about the payouts :D

I just completed the TT for gold. Willow Springs was the most difficult for me. Brands Hatch was getting silly with the understeer(I leave everything stock, but TCS set to "0"). After two attempts at the Nord, climbing uphill, I shut off Lewis's ghost and got gold right after.

Suzuka and Monza were easy one time hits. I've raced Suzuka so much in the Daily Races, it wasn't a hassle. The Monza Gr.1 event, is my go to, for quick Cr.

Platinum, well, I think I can get that at Bathurst, Monza and Suzuka. Nord & Nurb GP, are going to be problems.

Overall, for me, worth the purchase. Thanks for the guide. 👍

Maybe you should have waited the few hours it took to find out what the rewards were.

Very true! No big loss though, it's only the cost of a couple of pints of ale! And so far i've earnt 1,000,000 cr for it after getting silver on 2 trials. 4 tenths off gold at Interlagos but can't get it for the life of me!

Thought I'd leave my thoughts here on difficulty of the challenge. For context I'm a 60k A+ dr player and can get into the top 250 times for world leaderboard on daily races without to much effort. I'm pretty quick but certainly no alien and I'd say out right 1 lap pace has ever been my forte.

So spent about 2.5 hours playing yesterday and was really just aiming to get golds all round but if I was close to diamond I'd push on for that. Got all the golds pretty easily and pushed on for diamond in Dragon trail, Interlagos and Nord. I can see diamond at Lago and Monza coming easily enough but the other 5 not so much.

I dont doubt il get there eventually but its certainly a challenge and I reckon out of reach of 95% of players to get all diamond although the rewards for all gold are pretty nice and worth it alone I'd say.

The difficulty of the challenge is not helped by the car for first 9 rounds being a bit of a handful to drive. Understeer city at times. Think it took me 5 laps to actually keep it on the tarmac for a full lap at suzuka but I guess the characteristics of the car add to the challenge.

All in all decent fun and no quibbles paying the 6.49 sterling to play and also as a bit of gratitude to PD for such a well supported game

The fact that the times are even close to leaderboard times is worrying. 99% of players won't be able to beat it :/

But I guess this is the endgame for GT Sport. The 100 million prize is pretty much PD saying the you have completed the game, have the money so you never need to really race again.

Looking forward to 2020 and what PD has cooking.

Back