Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
United Kingdom
Sheffield
LewisBentley6
Hey guys, I got myself up at 6am this morning to install this update early and to see how quick I could blow through Hamilton's laps, before we get into those, a few things:

• Regular A+ or higher Sport Mode players shouldn't have much trouble, some will take you a few tries, but you should be through it in a couple hours
  • Casual players are going to have a rough time with this, although I believe anyone could complete this with enough time and effort but you might be at it a long while.
  • Start with Interlagos, its far and away the easiest.
  • Is it worth it? I enjoyed myself, its great if you enjoy a challenge, but its perhaps also worth it because of the massive rewards you get at the end, more on that later...

Now I've provided a video of a Diamond lap (Diamond means you beat LH, it sits above Gold) of all 10 challenges, which are ripped from my stream on my first completion, they are edited down to cut out the failed attempts and other irrelevant nonsense.

Additionally, I'll be giving you a quick difficulty rating of each one, as some are much harder than others. Lets go!

DRAGON TRAIL SEASIDE - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

MAGGIORE GP - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

BRANDS HATCH - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

WILLOW SPRINGS - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

SUZUKA - DIFFICULTY: 3/5

https://youtu.be/LyBdLWKqrV8

MONZA - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

https://youtu.be/oRdxM7tFN9Y

INTERLAGOS - DIFFICULTY: 1/5

https://youtu.be/AudPw2KaGwk

MOUNT PANORAMA - DIFFICULTY: 5/5

https://youtu.be/u-5LrYvpEeo

NURBURGRING GP - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

https://youtu.be/0k1NvNywcKY

NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE - DIFFICULTY:
(Difficulty of this one is entirely relative, but I'll go with 3/5)

That final video of the Nordschleife also includes me getting the final cutscene (yes, there is a god damn cutscene) and rewards!

Speaking of Rewards, lets cover those quickly.

For each individual challenge:

Diamond:
1,000,000 Cr.
Gold: 500,000 Cr.
Silver: 300,000 Cr.
Bronze: 200,000 Cr.

These rewards are obtainable ONCE on the first completion of each challenge only.

FOR THE WHOLE THING (Entirely separate to the rewards listed above):

ALL Diamonds:
Mercedes AMG VGT LH Edition + 100,000,000 Cr. (Yes, you get ONE HUNDRED MILLION handed to you straight up)
ALL Golds: Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power 2017 + 20,000,000 Cr. + Credit cap increased
ALL Silvers: Mercedes Sauber C9 1989
ALL Bronze: Mercedes AMG GT3 2016

Since the Diamond reward car is "new" to the game, here's an image (Gold, Silver, Bronze prize cars are not new to the game)
amg LH.jpg

So, to absolutely maximise your credit income from this DLC, follow these steps:

1) Beat all Challenges at Gold
2) Spend every penny you have, this is because completing Diamond instantly grants 100 million, which is the credit cap, any money you have before beating Diamond will vanish entirely anyway and will be replaced by the 100 million you're about to receive
3) Beat all Challenges at Diamond
4) Enjoy your 100,000,000 Cr. spending spree

I think we covered everything, If I missed anything, let me know!

curse you GTP media limit

Thanks, I was otherwise going to miss out on several million CR in bonuses if I didn't read this first.

So, to absolutely maximise your credit income from this DLC, follow these steps:

1) Beat all Challenges at Gold
2) Spend every penny you have, this is because completing Diamond instantly grants 100 million, which is the credit cap, any money you have before beating Diamond will vanish entirely anyway and will be replaced by the 100 million you're about to receive
3) Beat all Challenges at Diamond
4) Enjoy your 100,000,000 Cr. spending spree

I think we covered everything, If I missed anything, let me know!

curse you GTP media limit

Just one thing I'd add.

Everyone should dump as much money as you can just before getting your 10th gold medal as well.

If you are sitting on 20 million credits when you get your last gold, then your entire 20m bonus (for all golds) will be wasted because your cap hasn't increased yet.

Edit: you can ignore the second part of this post. You get the cap increase at gold completion (Just before you get awarded the 20 million.

Last edited:
Just one thing I'd add.

Everyone should dump as much money as you can just before getting your 10th gold medal as well.

If you are sitting on 20 million credits when you get your last gold, then your entire 20m bonus (for all golds) will be wasted because your cap hasn't increased yet.

The credit cap increases to 100 million for all golds, you don't need to worry about this

Thanks for taking the time to explain this.

Worth noting as well that you might be able to scrounge a few more credits by selling any of the existing prize cars you have but only if you bought them originally of course. I’m assuming the Sauber and W08 together is worth about 500,000.

I’ll finally be able to get that XJ13 I’ve wanted for so long...

Very useful guide, thanks for this. I have a couple of thoughts on it all.

1. The overwhelming positive is we finally have some single player content that provides a challenge, and that's been a long time coming. Overall I'm more than happy with the cost of admission.
2. I'm actually a little disappointed that Interlagos is so easy. It's one of my worst tracks and was hoping to pick up some useful pointers to help me get better here. As it is, it seems I'll beat the time without really learning anything.
3. For a game that has a mostly broken economy system, this "solution" seems to just break it in the other direction. On your way to unlocking everything you need to buy at least one 20 million car and are then given credits to buy nearly all the others. If you've already got some of those high value cars then you can pretty much buy everything. After that you have a 100 million cap which is kinda pointless as you don't need to worry about credits anymore anyway. Just seems like an odd design choice. First the game is ultra stingy on credit payouts, and then suddenly gives you millions for playing through the content and then ONE HUNDRED MILLION for completing it :lol: I guess if you are new to the game this would be extremely useful, but not so much for everyone else.

I'm going to hold off watching the cutscene (I'm intrigued) until I get to it myself. If I get to it myself. I suck at the Nordsleife.

Wow, nice work Lewis!

I did wonder a few days ago if the raising of the credit cap was a clue that there would be extra special rewards, but this is beyond what I expected. Whether or not I will be good enough to get anything more than gold remains to be seen, and given I struggled on CE with the full lap of Nordschleiff even that would be an achievement for me.

>That's odd. On the PS Store it states that it's PSVR compatible.

@Pfei

Well, the game is, not the DLC.

>The credit cap increases to 100 million for all golds, you don't need to worry about this

@mclarenLB

So let's say we are at 15M before getting the last gold. Getting it would raise our Cr to 16M+20M so 36M thanks to the raised cap ?

Last edited:
A great guide, but I'm a bit confused.....
These rewards are obtainable ONCE on the first completion of each challenge only.

So if I do a lap (I've done 4 tracks now) and get, er hem, bronze will I get an additional 300k if I then get within the silver benchmark or do you get one shot and one shot only? Might be a dumb question but getting near my bed time......:)

A great guide, but I'm a bit confused.....

So if I do a lap (I've done 4 tracks now) and get, er hem, bronze will I get an additional 300k if I then get within the silver benchmark or do you get one shot and one shot only? Might be a dumb question but getting near my bed time......:)

If you get Diamond on your first try, You'll get 2 million for all 4 medals combined

If you get Bronze you'll just get your 200k for Bronze right now and the other medals prizes are still up for grabs.

If you get Diamond on your first try, You'll get 2 million for all 4 medals combined

If you get Bronze you'll just get your 200k for Bronze right now and the other medals prizes are still up for grabs.

Phew, thanks, that's great news.... Mr. Hamilton, watch out!!

Just managed to complete this with all diamonds. Pretty much agree with all of your difficulty ratings but I actually found Bathurst quite easy but found Willow Springs very difficult.

Most of them took about 5-15 minutes but Willow Springs took well over an hour!

Good DLC overall. Great to have a hard challenge as the circuit experience and other single player challenges are too easy to get golds on.

Its a great guide, and nice achivement.

Personally I dont think ill get this new DLC. At least not for now.

If it had any meaningfull XP rewards for grinding it and trying over and over I would have bought it instantly.

Now as I see it, its just a reward for the few very good players to get a lot of credit and cars. For the average Joe there is not much to come after.

Just managed to complete this with all diamonds. Pretty much agree with all of your difficulty ratings but I actually found Bathurst quite easy but found Willow Springs very difficult.

I had an absolute shocker at Bathurst, that combined with the fact its intimidating for a casual player to learn was my justification for the 5 rating.

Willow was a 10 minute clear for me, but I'm starting to hear often from others that isn't normally the case at all :lol:

I had an absolute shocker at Bathurst, that combined with the fact its intimidating for a casual player to learn was my justification for the 5 rating.

Willow was a 10 minute clear for me, but I'm starting to hear often from others that isn't normally the case at all :lol:

I found Hamilton to be quite average at the top of the mountain so it only took me about 10 minutes to beat him there. Willow Springs just seemed absolutely nailed on his lap and his lap is only a few tenths away from the global #1 (short track though I guess.) He only really seemed to get the first corner a little slow but the rest was bang on it.

Back