Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
I should probably get my last 4 remaining diamonds too while FIA is on break, but everytime I drive a few laps with this car the understeer just kills all my motivation :lol:

Brands 0.1 second off - need to tidy up the last 2 corners.

Willow 0.3 second off - need to find a good line through omega's middle part, and also some consistency through the last corner.

Nurb GP 0.1 second off - this track is so weird for me. Some days I can be right up on pace straightaway, some days even after an hour I'm still 0.5 second off. Mainly struggling with the left-right before the backstraight.

Suzuka 0.6 second off - ah yes, my eternal enemy even back in GT5's Vettel Challenge. Just losing little bits of time everywhere because this car just doesn't suit this track at all, and I'm terrible at all the crucial corners before long straights (hairpin, spoon and chicane) :ouch:

The last sector at Lake Maggie is just awful. Blind apexless corners where the track is about five times wider than it should be on exit. I can be 3 tenths up coming out of BBB and manage to lose it all.

I read that you finally beat it, but just for future reference (and anybody else still struggling), I use these brake markers (which most guides on youtube seem to never pick up on):
- For the first right, there is a scaffolding on the right of the track. Brake just after the scaffold disappears off your screen. It's much easier to spot than the tyre mark on the kerb, and because it's on the inside of the corner, it's also better because your eyes don't need to move from outside -> inside.
- For the second right, just a quick lift or small dab of brake when the right kerb ends. Hook the kerbs on the next right-left to get extra rotation.
- For the last corner, most guides tell you to use the corner distance boards on the right. They are never in the exact spot in my experience and you also suffer the same problem of having to look away from the apex just before turning in. There is a set of blue billboards on the inside of the corner, you want to brake and then immediately chuck it in just before the last billboard disappears off your screen. Also you can cut quite a lot of the kerbs on the inside and they will pull you round.

Last edited:
Oh yeah... Oh yeah...
20210131_230957.jpg
20210131_230819.jpg

Finally got 1 diamond time on Dragon Trail. I also hate the car, even on BB 2. The Merc is an absolute pig to me.

It's been less than a year since I got my wheel. So I'm very happy with the progress.

Brands Hatch might be my limit. I can barely get gold time here. I don't like the track and it feels like a car wildly unsuited for it.

The Hamilton Trophy is mine!!!:):):):D:D:D
I just got my Diamond lap at the Willow Springs track, so I now have all ten:

50927494471_da9fd67313_k.jpg

For me, these diamond laps were very hard, and just barely within my driving abilities.:crazy::boggled:

50927626192_df853c66f5_k.jpg

Its nice to have the extra 100 million credits, and a nice new Mercedes Vision car.:D

50926823043_e932b2449e_k.jpg

I put in quite a few laps before finding the pace at most of these ten tracks.
Each track was certainly its own unique challenge.
I reviewed all the video's posted in this thread (and they all certainly helped give me hints and tactics), so thanks to everyone who posted their previous replay video's of their diamond laps for these ten TT challenges.👍👍👍
:cheers:
GTsail

Brands Hatch might be my limit. I can barely get gold time here. I don't like the track and it feels like a car wildly unsuited for it.

From memory I used brake balance + 1 or + 2 on all tracks (towards the back). Particularly Brands Hatch it helps to get the car to turn in under mid-light brakes. Really got to nail the trail braking on Brands, not over brake, and be sure to abuse the track limit on T3. I found that getting a good time out of T1 was the hardest to get consistently.. Luckily it's T1, so easy to restart until you nail it.

Finally got 1 diamond time on Dragon Trail. I also hate the car, even on BB 2. The Merc is an absolute pig to me.

Congrats on the Diamond! The Merc is a pig for everyone. Try BB +1 or +2 (towards the back) which helps to get it turning. Also practice the Drifting challenge, because sometimes you need to slide the back end a little as you power out of the corners (controlled slip angle - not actual drifting), so you need to know exactly where that limit is and how GTS tells you when it's there (FF settings etc).

Here's a good tutorial about slip angle, which might help.

Last edited:
You guys are on wheels and pedals right?

I'm casually playing GT since the first version for fun (no PS Life Account) and barely make silver times with the gamepad. I am so bad at this obviously. How on earth are gold times even possible?

You guys are on wheels and pedals right?

I'm casually playing GT since the first version for fun (no PS Life Account) and barely make silver times with the gamepad. I am so bad at this obviously. How on earth are gold times even possible?
I'm on pad and I've gotten all golds, but it was definitely a challenge. It takes a lot of learning how to drive both that car and with the physics of GTS. And especially knowing all the ins and outs of the circuits, especially track limits and lines that provide subtle increases in speed.

I can suggest going to youtube and looking for videos where people complete the challenges and show the lines and tricks they use. Super GT has a good one.

It takes a good bit of time so dont worry.

Thanks for the hint to Super GT, well explained. Immediatly got one or two seconds better at tracks I where wasn't doing too well. But for some parts of his video I really feel the car had changed, I simply can't match all of his speed but will keep trying.

I finished all the races in career mode now after all gold in the licenses and so on and now have this new project. For casual playing really tough though.

So, after roughly 10h and a bit of learning how to use R2 and L2 as gas and break I have all the silver times beaten. Mount Panorama and Nürburgring GP took me the longest, hate those tracks.
Anyway, for some casual players who might think these times are unbeatable with just a few hours a week playing, they're not. But I guess gold will be my last step. At least I can still see Lewis' ghost on a couple of tracks until the finish line without the ghost reset. Still no gold time though.

I really struggled with the new gas and breaking buttons, but after a few days I became used to it. Quicker then I thought really after X an O since GT 1. So don't be afraid of loosing old habits it pays off.

I have got Diamond on Suzuka Challenge two days ago. Now there is only Bathurst left for me to complete.
For me Suzuka and Big Willow were more difficult than Bathurst Mt Panorama. At Mt Panorama, after failing many times, I found brake balance 1 (rearward) & rear sliding technique into T1 (3rd gear) seems to produce a better time, then change BB to 3 (rearward) for similar technique into T2 and leave BB3 all the way over the hill and back to BB1 at conrod straight before the chase. Other than that, breaking and gear timing through the dipper is key for Diamond, you can gain or lose 0.3 sec... Make sure you are fully off the brake (smoothly) just BEFORE the final "S" before the dipper and let the engine revs bring you around smoothly, then quickly stear left drop to 2nd and blip the throttle to throw it over the dipper. Something like that... Try it super slowly until the muscle memory does it automatically

For me Suzuka and Big Willow were more difficult than Bathurst Mt Panorama. At Mt Panorama, after failing many times, I found brake balance 1 (rearward) & rear sliding technique into T1 (3rd gear) seems to produce a better time, then change BB to 3 (rearward) for similar technique into T2 and leave BB3 all the way over the hill and back to BB1 at conrod straight before the chase. Other than that, breaking and gear timing through the dipper is key for Diamond, you can gain or lose 0.3 sec... Make sure you are fully off the brake (smoothly) just BEFORE the final "S" before the dipper and let the engine revs bring you around smoothly, then quickly stear left drop to 2nd and blip the throttle to throw it over the dipper. Something like that... Try it super slowly until the muscle memory does it automatically
Thanks for the advice!

I have got Diamond at Bathurst this morning. Thank you very much!

I love this DLC, i think it's a must-have and a great idea from the developers! For the average player as myself, it is a good test for your evolution. Some months ago, I managed to get all silver and couldn't for the life of me get any golds, now I got 3 golds recently.

It’s good for someone like me, who starts a new game all the time. Lost count. Wish kudos or PD had data for that restart count.

I’ve recently put in a little more concentration for Diamond times. Always Diamond DTS, Lago, Monza, Interlagos and the Nord. Still about two tenths off the other times. Takes me about 29 minutes to complete and start spending. If I got the 100mil, I'd probably start a new game anyway. :lol:

Last hurrah, as the GT7 date was revealed. Still Golded in 29 minutes. So long to load on base PS4. Anyone on PS5 get a quicker complete time?

Back