Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by mclarenLB, Nov 28, 2019.

1. superwally

superwally

I'm .011 away from Diamond at Suzuka and am not finding it as difficult as Brands or Willow. I can really catch him out of the hairpin and I roll on him as much as .150 through 130R. If I could find a way to stop botching Degner 2 I'd be done with this!

I feel zero physics difference and my laps before and after the update are pretty much the same. I usually do enough laps to get my free car 3-4 times a week. I may just be insensitive, someone in the undocumented changes thread says the FFB on my TGT has been changed and I'm not feeling that either.

Update: I stopped choking and got my Suzuka Diamond. Was not close heading out of Spoon but nailed 130R and the final chicane and squeaked by. I had many better laps that I never managed to finish. On to Panorama.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    NoonenF1, JEverettL and Alex p. like this.
  2. Harsk100

Harsk100

And also, I got Diamond at Interlagos Challenge too! Now, I just need to get Diamond on Mount Panorama, Suzuka and Nurburgring GP/F...

NoonenF1 and Alex p. like this.
  3. GRT_MattM

GRT_MattM

can't they just give us the credit cap without having to do these challenges?

ShiftingGears likes this.
  4. 93360

Finally bought the DLC after a few months away from the game so I've never tried it with the old physics.
    Managed to diamond all the tracks so these are my impressions of their difficulty with regards to how much I needed to push the limits:

DRAGON TRAIL SEASIDE - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

MAGGIORE GP - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

BRANDS HATCH - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

WILLOW SPRINGS - DIFFICULTY: 5/5 :banghead:

SUZUKA - DIFFICULTY: 3/5

MONZA - DIFFICULTY: 1/5

INTERLAGOS - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

MOUNT PANORAMA - DIFFICULTY: 3/5

NURBURGRING GP - DIFFICULTY: 3/5

NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE - DIFFICULTY: 1/5

5. GRT_MattM

GRT_MattM

this is proper frustrating me :banghead::censored: only got Nurb GP and Nordschliefe to get gold for and the car just keeps trying to step out and my brakes feel less responsive compared to driving on soft tires like I do online.

6. MIE1992

MIE1992

I had some questions:

-Which time trials use the C9 and which ones use the AMG-GT3? I know the one at the Nordschleife uses the C9, was that the only one that uses the C9?

-It says you get twenty million credits upon getting all golds, and the credit cap is increased, but should I spend all my credits before getting all golds? In other words, I'd like to know if the credit cap increased before receiving the twenty million, or after, and in the latter case I would likely want to spend all my credits before getting all golds.

7. watto79

watto79

The C9 is only for the Nordschleife challenge. All the others are the AMG GT3.

The credit cap is increased at the point you get the 10th gold, so you don't need to worry about hitting any credit cap at that point. If you were on 10 million before doing the final gold you'll be on 30.5 million when you complete it (because you also get 500k for each gold).

MIE1992 likes this.
  8. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

So apologies if it's already been covered but with the topic being 21 pages and me only having a think about doing this now
    what tips should I take in mind for the controller settings?

I already suck at driving the Merc with TC off so I guess that means it's going to be very hard to diamond this DLC.

The only other settings I've tweaked are turned all aids off except cone marker brake points and set ABS to weak.

I presume the rest is lots of practice?

9. Need4Speed685

Need4Speed685

The rest is down to lots of practice. Keep at it and eventually you'll make the Diamond targets if you improve over the course of many retries as you can.

10. xJildertx

xJildertx

Hadn't really played for some while and started playing again. Got all golds now and 2 diamonds. I'll probably try to get diamonds for the other tracks.

But is it me or is it easier now compared to when it released?

11. Racing_Miku

Racing_Miku Premium

Maybe just me and skills but I've still not achieved any golds or diamonds on this DLC since my post on the 6th June so I would not say it's easier but I am no pro yet when it comes to perfect lines, I am planning to try again this weekend though once I have my new gaming setup done.

MIE1992 likes this.
  12. MIE1992

MIE1992

What’s the recommended TCS and BB for each course? I think TCS will be best set at 0 for the AMG-GT3, but I don’t think I could drive the Sauber C9 at zero - maybe at 1 or ideally 2. I suppose I’m more curious about what BB I should use for each one. Perhaps -4 or -5 for Monza?

sturk0167 likes this.
  13. sturk0167

sturk0167

At 1 or 2 tracks, I was able to get away with tcs 1, but on most, I use 2. I use the X button for throttle, so tcs 0 is not an option.

MIE1992 likes this.
  14. MIE1992

MIE1992

It does feel like I’ve been able to come closer using TCS 1, too, so thanks for the advice! I just got my third gold at Dragon Trail Seaside, with my first being at Monza and second at Interlagos. I’ve been leading LH by almost three tenths near the end of the first sector of Dragon Trail, too, at least on some attempts.

EDIT: For what it’s worth, I’m using a DS4, too, but with throttle mapped to R2, as default.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    sturk0167 likes this.
  15. sturk0167

sturk0167

For me, the challenge is too hard. There are 3 tracks where I'm just not gonna get gold. :grumpy:
    Oh, well. They got my money. I hope they savor the flavor, because it won't happen again.

MIE1992 likes this.
  16. MIE1992

MIE1992

I’d argue that, hypothetically, if the trophies for getting wins/poles were replaced with a trophy for getting all-diamonds for the LH challenge, I’d say it’d be an improvement since you don’t have to worry about the matchmaking algorithm, and you could focus more on racing for its own sake. Is the LH challenge hard? Absolutely - I’d say it’s one of the hardest challenges in videogames I’ve ever come across. But I feel like it’s still more fair than praying you end up in a lobby where you’re on pole, or alternatively exploiting the matchmaking algorithm by purposely tanking your DR to get slower lobbies.

17. MIE1992

MIE1992

My personal tips so far for Dragon Trail, despite "only" having gold, and as a DS4 user using R2 for throttle:

-Don't feel bad about using TCS. I personally have been doing well with it set to 1. My brake balance has been set at 0.

-Start braking at the 150m mark, then cut into the chicane/corkscrew as far as you can while keeping your right wheels on the kerb. If you do this really well, you should have a lead of about two or three tenths. If you don't have a lead of at least one tenth, I'd recommend restarting.

-You might be able to go flat out into the second-to-last turn before the next checkpoint, but keep your car in the middle with the left wheels going over the kerb so you don't bounce off the kerb as much. You'll also want to start braking almost immediately after that turn. I've also found that you can easily get some more time on Lewis on that turn that comes right before the checkpoint.

-As for the second sector and its esses, I've found myself being a little behind Lewis, but then getting ahead of him again with the path I personally take, so I wouldn't worry too much about him getting ahead of you, especially on that first turn after the checkpoint.

-Much like the turn before the first checkpoint, cut as far in as you can with the turn that's just before the next checkpoint - the one that's just before the chicane of death.

-Don't worry about going flat-out on the chicane of death, but don't brake, either. You will likely need to lift, however.

So far, I think my time is 1:37.7xx, but I've been getting ahead of Lewis for more of the track, too - it's mostly the last sector I'm working on right now.

EDIT: I’ve updated it to 1:37.6xx but I think I’m going to give up. I got all silvers with three golds between Monza, Interlagos, and Dragon Trail Seaside. I just think it crosses the line from being a fun challenge into something that isn’t very fun. I don’t think A-ranked drivers such as myself should be struggling this much.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    cosme likes this.
  18. Harsk100

Harsk100

After several tries, I finally managed to get Diamond on Nurburgring GP/F Challenge. Now I just need to get Diamond on Mount Panorama and Suzuka...

Need4Speed685 likes this.