*COMPLETED* MPGT4CC Season 2 Champion: MrDonovan

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 758 comments

Who's in for finishing out the current Michelin series season on GTSport?

• For finishing out Season on GTSport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Close current season as it stands and ready up for next season on GT7

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What times are people running?
Did a few laps last night. Most in the 2:11s, but a few high 2:10s in there.
:cheers:
Been in a few practice lobbies with people running mid 09s. I have seen at least two sub 8s but maybe miracle unicorn laps?

1644446538130.jpeg

@llNovall Still hoping I’ll be able to make it by Friday. New port is being soldered on tonight. Then I just have to be able to put it all back together…Fingers crossed.
Sorry @Kgffy if I’m taking your spot. I’ll try to give you early warning if I’m still not working or end up just smashing the base out of frustration.

View attachment 1112861

@llNovall Still hoping I’ll be able to make it by Friday. New port is being soldered on tonight. Then I just have to be able to put it all back together…Fingers crossed.
Sorry @Kgffy if I’m taking your spot. I’ll try to give you early warning if I’m still not working or end up just smashing the base out of frustration.

U deserve spot more and eventually I’ll have opportunity too get to race and get off reserve driver.

Ok so unfortunately I will be unable to race Friday. Hopefully @Kgffy can take my spot.
That would be correct. Since you are a solid absent, @Kgffy will bump into your entry for tomorrow night. In the event @Yugofan cannot make it, the next available reserve will bump in or if no reserve, his team will get a single entry score (since he is still confirmed to race, tentative at the moment). Kg, get some laps in, and good luck tomorrow night., and Ice, I'll hopefully see you at our next Porsche event at Barcelona. 👍

What times are people running?
Did a few laps last night. Most in the 2:11s, but a few high 2:10s in there.
:cheers:

I'm running identical to you in the Lexus. Of note: I've only done about 15 laps on this combo, this will be my second time ever in a tuned car (thanks for the tune Nova).

The brakes feel horrible on this lexus, so I'm still finding and extending some brake points. I plan on getting a bunch of free practice in prior to the race

Edit: I'm thinking I could grab another second, but I saw two other guys (names redacted for security purposes) running low 2:09s, high 2:08s. Dont think fuel was that low at all. Possibly not miracle laps.... yeesh!! Lol

Edit 2: Things never said about Scarecrow937... "He could'a been a contender!!"

Last edited:
MPCC Spotter guide S2 Event 8.png

Snail Gr4-Michelin Pilot
GT4 Cup Challenge
Event #8
Pre-Race Driver Briefing
Friday, February 11th, 2021

at 9pm est
Tonight we're down under at the Mountain...Bathurst....Mount Panorama, pick a name.😉
This track is a love/hate venue for most....if you love it, you're typically on the faster side of the pace, and if you hate it you could care less since you're just trying to survive the night. With that said, survival of the night should be at the utmost priority, for the fastest or slowest paced on the grid. 1 mistake....taking a turn too fast and running off track or hitting the wall, or following very close behind someone that makes the mistake could be race ending. For lack of a better phrase, "Drive to Survive" (Wink, wink). There does seem to be pockets of pace groups, so I'd expect some intense racing and close battles despite the challenges presented by this track.

As always mentioned, consistency and minimal mistakes take the the podium places. Be patient and aware of traffic and your braking points...especially at Turn 1 in the opening laps and in the cattle shoots going up and down the mountain....lets have a good clean event.

A few quick reminders to all drivers attending:
*Please be patient in high traffic, especially in the opening laps.
**Respect the space of the drivers around you, and make every effort to race as clean as possible.
***Race hard, Race consistent, and race fair.

Let's continue to showcase the clean and competitive racing that Snail has always been known for.

Track Boundaries:
Keep 2 wheels within the white line where curbing is not present, or on the curbs where they are present.
Screenshot_20220211-080208_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drivers are also asked to please review or refresh themselves with the series Caution Process noted below:
Tab 4.2 Caution Process. (In 1st Post of thread)
Any questions, please ask.

For Reference:
Confirmation Reminder Post Event #8

Attendance is decent for tonight's event with 13 of our Primary Drivers confirmed to attend and 2 Reserves confirmed available and set to race. One more Reserve is needed to make the grid whole at 16.:cheers:
Note:

Our grid for tonight is shown below:
Drivers Roster
@llNovall / II-NOVA-II
@Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc
1st @stelephant / stelephant
2nd @Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
3rd @IceWarden / Ice_Warden

@Fudman420 / Fudman420
@Megabytesize / Moby45
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76
@Harry Rowley / Harry_Rowley_10
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig
@Rotary_Pilot /Rotary_pilot13
@socalnatv / Sand_68
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove
1st R @Yugofan / Yugofan
@Beeg Brady / Brady_Imawesome
@Roman_GT23 / Roman_GT23
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok
@Deal24 / fullerbunch
1st R @scarecrow937
2nd R @Kgffy
@Trickybrewer

To the remaining Reserve Drivers, if available, we do need at least one driver for tonight possibly 2. Please message me if interested in Racing.

All Drivers that have confirmed to race and are tagged are considered primary drivers for this event and are expected on the grid. If anyone thinks they may be tentative or must cancel, please let me know by 8pm est Friday (Race Day). Any cancelled entries after this time will result in possible forfeiture of primary status or forfeiture of Reserve priority for future events.

Please verify your driver specific BOP Regulations before entering the room:
Driver List and BoP Regulations Chart

It is the responsibility of ALL Drivers to verify your BoP regulations prior to entering the race room or at the latest, 5 minutes prior to the Start of Qualifying. The BoP Tracking Sheet will be displayed here and in other reminder posts leading up to each event. I will not be verifying BoP regulations prior to the start of Qualifying. Rather, the Race Director will screenshot the in game Driver Performance Regulations screen just prior to the start of Qualifying to be referenced during scoring.
Any Driver whose BoP is not correct for the event will recieve a 10 point penalty against points scored for that event.
Please verify your BoP regulations before every race night.

The Race Rooms and Party Chats will be open for entries and warm up around 8:50pm est. Please be in the room no later than 9:10pm est to have your entry verified.
15 minute Open Qualifying to start at 9:15pm est.

Good luck to everyone, and see you all on the grid for the green flag.​

Last edited:
That would be correct. Since you are a solid absent, @Kgffy will bump into your entry for tomorrow night. In the event @Yugofan cannot make it, the next available reserve will bump in or if no reserve, his team will get a single entry score (since he is still confirmed to race, tentative at the moment). Kg, get some laps in, and good luck tomorrow night., and Ice, I'll hopefully see you at our next Porsche event at Barcelona. 👍
Just realized as I was staging the coverage, that Yugo is a Reserve himself. Therefore, since he has confirmed his absence, all Reserves bump up for coverage priority. @scarecrow937 to cover @stelephant , @Kgffy to cover @Rob Brown , leaving your entry open at the moment. The next Reserve to confirm will cover your entry. If Yugo was a primary, he would have been the last reported absence, but that's not the case.

In a disappointing turn of events, the job I am doing tonight MAY end in time for me to “race”.

So if I somehow can be online, and you a need an unhappy backmarker, then invite me at your evil whim.

All I can do then is hope my internet fails just long enough to miss the race…but not long enough to affect any further TV watching I would do afterwards 😎

In a disappointing turn of events, the job I am doing tonight MAY end in time for me to “race”.

So if I somehow can be online, and you a need an unhappy backmarker, then invite me at your evil whim.

All I can do then is hope my internet fails just long enough to miss the race…but not long enough to affect any further TV watching I would do afterwards 😎
Well, here is the situation. There is an open grid spot that was vacated by you that still needs covered. @aedenmaddok messaged that he is a maybe and would be a last minute add if he is able to race. With that said, the first one among you two to get in the room secures your spot for the night.

Let me know if I need to back out I don’t want to take anyone’s spot
Hey Kgffy,
Your entry is locked in and secure for tonight. Once a primary confirms he will be absent, the entry is forfeited. Now if the situation changes for them, they are now considered Reserve Drivers waiting for an opening. At the moment, we do have 1 opening available. The first to get in the race room among @Rob Brown @IceWarden @aedenmaddok once officially opened will be granted entry for the night. Good luck to everyone on the grid.

Race Room is open:
ID: 0475 4390 7351 1241 4276

Party chat open as well.
Good luck to everyone racing tonight.

Get some coffee. I’m gonna flex.

There are a few of you who know from pre-race practice lobbies about my lack of consistency and self-confidence coming into this race. I’ve generally avoided this track and, as a result, have a hard time finding a rhythm. But I kept running laps.

So I am completely stoked about the Bathurst race.

Race #1 I was quite nervous about starting 5th worried my race pace was going to be much slower. A clean start thru T1 as the sand bagger, I mean @Harry Rowley , led us away. 😙😉 My opening lap was anything but smooth. Small mistakes added up and on lap 2 @Noob01_lmdead /Raul got by going into T2. He quickly made up the ground to @Megabytesize /Moby and started battling which allowed me to catch back up.

One of my main goals for the night was not to kill anyone. I did not meet my goal. I still wasn’t in a rhythm and then missed a braking point quite badly punting Raul on lap 3 at the end of the Chase, T21. Incident Report submitted but damage done. Raul would have had third. Massive apologies. 😖 I don’t think he could have caught @socalnatv and Harry colluding together up front.

After he came back on track Raul had to let @scarecrow937 by as I fell in behind and tried to protect Raul from the closing @JDMKING13 . Unfortunately Raul fell back again at the top of the mountain so I set after Scarecrow. I was able to get by at the Cutting, T3/4, at which point I was almost exactly 3 seconds behind Nova on lap 5.

Nova put car #45 between us for five laps but I caught Moby going down thru the esses, got a good run out of the Elbow and made the pass. By lap 15 I’d closed the gap to Nova and was only 0.8s back at the top of the mountain. I made a mistake in the esses, gave him another second, but closed it down again by the time we went over the top of the mountain on the last lap.

Practice pays off sometimes.

After I watched the replay, in spite of The Incident, those early laps in Race #2 will remain an amazing memory. A beautiful group start on Race 2 with the right lane giving better draft out of T1 to coast by @MrDonovan. Scarecrow had drifted wide into the grass and did a great job keeping a tight inside line on his recovery allowing me to pass on the outside. I tried enticing Moby into a brake mistake after he kissed the wall at the top of the mountain but he didn’t byte. During all those practice laps I worked really hard on the exit out of T18, Forrests Elbow hairpin, giving me a run to finally get past Moby.

I’d found a line out of T1 that gave me purple in sector 1 in nearly every lobby race we did. Another coast past @GTR4MROD. Remember the poetry of me, Gtr and Donovan going thru T2, Griffins Bend, on lap 2. Some battling ahead eventually gave me a chance to catch up and put a pass on jdmking13 up thru the Cutting in T3/4. I was fractionally wide and might have heard Calvin Fish over the speakers about some “argy bargy” thru there. 👊🏻

Another good exit out of the Elbow gave me a run on teammate @IceWarden . The helpful lift by Ice was a surprise and my too-close draft pass nearly had us crashing each other out. Maranello would have been furious. 😱🤬. At the ArmorAll bridge @Fudman420 had a 1.2 second lead. One lap later I was on top of him when the caution was called.

And then The Incident. Several of us stayed in the party chat after the race and talked about the caution/restart process (thank you again; really appreciated everyone’s views). Anything further on that comes from the race director. We also pulled up the replay and talked about different time stamps after the restart. How I wish it could have been like the poetry of lap 2 when I, Gtr, and Donovan went thru T2. I’m not calling anybody out. My small tap of jdmking going into T2 fortunately didn’t disrupt his car but my deceleration was one of the things contributing to what happened next.

I closed 4 seconds on Nova in Race 1. In Race 2, from 12th, I’d have been past fudman in another lap. The #6 car in second place was only three seconds up on fudman. @Rob Brown, with 13 or 14 laps left I am not sorry to say that you were gonna go down my friend. But I think there would have been no catching @Stryker13. Nice win.

Second place was there for the taking.

@llNovall please add the appropriate 1% success ballast/hp to my car before the next race.

Man up @Harry Rowley 🤭

@stelephant
@Rotary_Pilot
@fruitloop31
@MikeGrove
@Yugofan
@Beeg Brady
@Roman_GT23
@aedenmaddok
@Deal24
@Kgffy
@Trickybrewer

Not sure if it’s my setup or what…I tried different lines but couldn’t break out of the 2:10s. Set a 2:10.026 in the 2nd race and it felt like pole position :)

About lap 15 of race 2 people started dropping out all around the track. Not sure if I left chat or not but the game froze. PS5 never indicated that I lost connection and my home internet continued just fine. I assumed the whole room died but I jumped on the mic and everyone was still going. Sucks for it to happen so close to the end. I was about to make my move to the front :)

Bathurst and I will never be good friends for whatever reason. I thought the car was handling fine and it seemed like my lines were ok but people were just pulling away. I thought I had Bathurst licked until my lap times came in all 2:10s. Consistent but terrible. There has to be one sector where I’m losing a ton of time.

So if @Bologna_Duc ever got close I was just going to let him by :) I was either going to make a mistake in front of him and take people out or make one behind him and take him out. So it’s best to just let him go!

So it wasn’t a rage quit…but I was pissed it happened so late in the race.

Last edited:
Enjoyed my first race with u guys in This series. I’m the knuckle head that lap 1 race 2,
Was impressed with the hard but very clean and respectful racing,
Lots of news faces I don’t recognize but seems like alot of Camaraderie in this series,
This tuning still difficult for me and I had a goal to finish 12, threw away 7th first race after that block first corner distracted me lol last lap.

Again big thanks too @llNovall and others for making this happen

Excited what future ideas after these seasons end that GT7 brings like weather and possibly different cars.

Last edited:
Back