**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
View attachment 849747
Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season Event #2
Friday, September 20th, 2019
at 9:30pm est
Confirmation Post
To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Friday (race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Qualifying Procedure

1st/Main Porsche Cup Challenge Post-All.necessary info is here

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers: open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their attendance first. Your confirmation posting date and time will be referenced.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present on Friday September 20th. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Friday September 20th. *Please reply either way*

Looking forward to our next race at: Monza, Event #2 Friday, September 20th, 9:30pm est. <<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

PRIORITY LIST (16)
👍@llNovall/II-NOVA-II (Platinum) Snail
👍@thracerviewr/TheRaceReviewer(Platinum)Snail
👍@Rob Brown/no1needs2perish (Gold) Snail
👍@TEX36/TEX36( Gold) Snail
👍@GTP_Guido/GTP_Guido (Gold) Snail
👍@DesertPenguin/DesertPenguin09 (Gold)
@Bubdub804/JuceyJ804 (Platinum) Snail
👍@Raw10_2u/ Raw10_2u (Gold) Snail
👍@basswerks1/ basswerks1 (Gold) Snail
👍@USERID_77a23/USERID_77a23(Platnm)Snail
👍@vsfit/ vsfit (Gold) Snail
👍@Clean Racer/GentlemanRacing(Platinum)
👍@nmcp1/nmcp1 (Platinum)Snail
@LightningFox/LightningFox1207(Platnm)Snail
👍@Fudman420/Fudman420(Gold)Snail
@WildOne1976/ WildOne_1976(Gold)Snail

RESERVE LIST (6)
👍@pags/ pags198 (Gold)
👍@Phlano099/Phlano_099 (Gold) Snail
👍@Noob01_lmdead/Rauljimenez76(Gold)Snail
👍@govstruck/ govstruck (Platinum)
(X)@DublDee/DUB-L-DEE (Platinum)Snail
@Mtran82/Mtran82
@N38824r/N38824jr (Gold) Snail
:tup:gulfvet67/gulfvet67 (Gold) Snail
(X)todally_lit_/todally_lit (Platinum) Snail

[/

I will be racing this friday!

8079533600508215312_0.jpg

Event #2 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Alright Drivers,
Race night is officially here:gtpflag:
The 5pm Driver Confirmation Deadline has passed, and it looks like a 16 driver grid is about guaranteed for tonight.

Event details and the Confirmation post is link below for reference
Event #2 Race Event Details
Event #2, Confirmation post

**Reserve Drivers, please see your gtplanet PM inbox for details and instructions for tonight.**

A Reminder to all Drivers on the grid tonight, please remember this a Snail sanctioned event, and all lobby, chat, and on track rules and etiquette apply. Let's make this race night a perfect example of the upper level racing we strive to achieve.

In the event an incident occurs that you feel needs to be reviewed, follow the Penalty IR filing instructions in the first post, tab 4.1
1st Post of Thread

Event #2 Race Room will be opened (or reset if opened for warmup early) at 9:15pm est.
Please clear your network cache before entering room. Once in, please make your entry, but do not enter the track until instructed. All entries of confirmed drivers must be made by 9:30pm est. Review the qualifying procedure if not completely familiar before entering room so we get get things going without issue.

If anyone is going to be unable to make the race night, please notify me via gtplanet or psn by:
9pm est

If anyone is going to be late for the 9:30pm est entry cutoff, please notify me also by 9pm est.
**YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD FOR YOU IF I AM NOTIFIED before 9pm.**

Looking forward to the racing tonight, and good luck to everyone on the grid.:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey the Google says I am an hour late so I'll be on 645-7. If you need to replace me I understand but if possible id like to just miss q and start at the bac?

Hey the Google says I am an hour late so I'll be on 645-7. If you need to replace me I understand but if possible id like to just miss q and start at the bac?
Are you confident you will make it before the race start? It's fine if you miss qualifying, but want to be sure the grid is full for all races. gulfvet67 is on queue and ready if needed. Let me know. I will hold your spot up to 10pm est.

I just found this and it has my attention for sure, though I feel I may be too late to sign up?
Never too late. I have a roster of Reserve drivers, in no particular order. Priority is granted on the date and time that a Reserve driver confirms his/her availability after the formal series Confirmation post is put on the thread. Be up to date and ready on the forums around Tuesday/Wednesday of the week prior to Race night Friday and you could snag a top slot. Both Reserves running tonight were later signups. Review the first post in this thread, and follow the instructions at the end pertaining to Reserve drivers. A welcome message will follow. Glad to see it picked your interest.

I also have a Lamborghini Super Trofeo in the formation stages. Link is below.
Lamborghini Super Trofeo Race Series: Taking Interest Check, See inside

Are you confident you will make it before the race start? It's fine if you miss qualifying, but want to be sure the grid is full for all races. gulfvet67 is on queue and ready if needed. Let me know. I will hold your spot up to 10pm est.

I have nothing better to do as of this very moment so I can make the race tonight. What all do I need to do for my car to meet regulations?

I have nothing better to do as of this very moment so I can make the race tonight. What all do I need to do for my car to meet regulations?
Sorry, this message was meant for another driver. Our grid is completely full for the night with 2 more reserves still on queue. Review the first post and sign up per instructions at the end of that post. I'd be glad to have another driver on the Reserve list.

Sorry, this message was meant for another driver. Our grid is completely full for the night with 2 more reserves still on queue. Review the first post and sign up per instructions at the end of that post. I'd be glad to have another driver on the Reserve list.
no worries mate, cheers

@Fudman420
@gulfvet67

Fudman420, your spot is being held up to 10pm est. At that point, gulfvet67 has been instructed to enter room if not full at that time. Hope you can make it in time, but be careful and dont rush. Not worth an accident.

8286623325167289352_0.jpg

Post Race Debrief
An overall great night of racing from my pov. Battles all over the grid, and seemed to be very clean. Shout out to @TEX36 and @Rob Brown for so many lap battles that I feel a fun rivalry building between TPC Racing and Flying Lizard Motorsports. Great racing fellas, and thank you to everyone who confirmed early in the week, and showed up to make a very full field happen.

Below is the Scoring Sheets from this week with updated driver and team standings.
As you will see, the qualifying times and fast lap times were very close over most of the field. 2 drivers will be getting a Class adjustment before the next event at the Nurburgring GP, but overall, very close times across the field. The goal was to create many opportunities for battles, and I feel we are achieving such. Anyway, here are the scores:
Screenshot_20190921-023644_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20190921-023658_Photos.jpg

View attachment 852443
Screenshot_20190921-022900_Sheets.jpg
Screenshot_20190921-022914_Sheets.jpg

Congratulations to nmcp1 on his second Event victory.:cheers:

A photo reel will come during the week along with a highlight video of Event #2.

Great racing everyone, and time to start preparing for the Nurburgring GP on Friday, October 18th. See you all around the grid.

On a side note, below is a parallel series I am building to run on the Fridays in between the Porsche Cup Series. Different format, but should still be a good time. Check it out.
Screenshot_20190920-080003_Samsung Internet.jpg
20190920_075203.jpg

Lamborghini Super Trofeo Race Series: Taking Interest Check

Last edited:
For about half of the night last night I'm sitting there thinking why am I seeing so much lag. Just about every car I pull up behind is moving all over the track and I decided to just follow folks unless there was a big mistake where I could easily go past. Well about half way through race 2 on my screen pops "Days gone has finished an update." I was so irritated at myself that in my late arrival I didn't check and see if I had any games updating. I just want to apologize if my laggy connection caused any issues. I know I got into the back of Nova and I thought for sure I had hit the brakes 50m earlier to ensure I didn't run into the back of anyone. So I apologize if I caused any chaos. I had a great time racing with you all last night.

For about half of the night last night I'm sitting there thinking why am I seeing so much lag. Just about every car I pull up behind is moving all over the track and I decided to just follow folks unless there was a big mistake where I could easily go past. Well about half way through race 2 on my screen pops "Days gone has finished an update." I was so irritated at myself that in my late arrival I didn't check and see if I had any games updating. I just want to apologize if my laggy connection caused any issues. I know I got into the back of Nova and I thought for sure I had hit the brakes 50m earlier to ensure I didn't run into the back of anyone. So I apologize if I caused any chaos. I had a great time racing with you all last night.
No worries Fudman420, glad you made it to race for the night. I remember being bumped from behind and bumped User, but didn't seem to be a major incident. Was even worried about from my end. Great racing last night, and nice job on pinging that hi 1:48. See you around the grid.:cheers:

@Bubdub804, as a result of a No Report/No Show for Event #2 of the season, you have been placed to the Reserve Driver list. Please review the Reserve Driver policy for confirmation of availability and race night procedures.

@pags
pags198 (Gold)
You were the first reply to accept the vacant primary grid spot and will now race for ACI Motorsports and a full time primary driver for the season. Welcome, and good luck for the remainder of the series.:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back