**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
To anyone who may have got caught up in my chaos, my bad. I know someone got clipped by me after the curb rudely took me out in race 3 as I was trying to get out of the race line, no idea who it was though.

No worries mate. It was bad luck. I just saw you too late. :cheers:

Great racing last night everyone. That was fun. :cheers:
Places 1 to 10 within 7 seconds after 13 laps at Spa in Race 3... :bowdown:

Replays shared
#snail
#porsche
#cup

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

6E26D74F-8D6D-4C77-9C10-8F036526B48E.jpeg.jpg

Event #4 at
Spa Francorchamps
Post Race Report

Absolutely great racing last night to everyone in attendance. Just when I think the previous event might have been the best one, we all go and top it with this event at Spa. Battles were had all over the grid, track boundaries were observed overall, and the door to door racing was intense but exceptionally clean. This event was a perfect display of a high level of racecraft by all drivers in this Cup Challenge series. Passes were clean when the opportunities presented themselves, and the patience to back out when realized they were not. Amazing job everyone:cheers:.

I have reached out to our friend @Clean Racer to see if he might be interested in broadcasting our Race 3 with commentary if he has some time, so stay tuned if that materializes.

Thanks to @GTP_Guido for posting another great photo shoot of last night's event. Your photos never cease to impress:tup:👍👍.

Congratulations to @Moby45 on the overall win on the night with 30 points for his first points Event race, and nice point battle for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 24.5 for @basswerks1 and 24 points for @Rob Brown and @pags. II-NOVA-II rounded out the top 5 with 21 points. Also, Driver Challenge Standings has been updated, and the points race so far is quite close among the top 5. I'm expecting the point race to be very close towards the season's end after drop events.
Lastly, TPC Racing had another very strong showing last night, extending their team points gap over the rest of the field, with 2nd thru 4th places being rather close between ACI Motorsports, Flying Lizard Motorsports, and JDX Racing. Nice job fellas:cheers:

The scoring sheets are shown below.

Driver Standings
Screenshot_20191116-103401_Sheets.jpg

Team Standings
Screenshot_20191116-103325_Sheets.jpg

Next up:
Event #5 at Barcelona
on Friday, December 13th.
Drivers may start early confirmations for Event #5 as of this post until 5pm of Race night. Reserve driver priority is based on date and time of posting availability. The Confirmation Post Reminder will be out as usual on Wednesday, December 4th.

**Attention Reserve Drivers**
Stay tuned to the thread for Driver status announcements/changes from now until 1pm est, and be quick to reply.

Event #5 Details post will be out some time this week. See you all around the track.:cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 866050
Laguna Seca Might be Coming to Gran Turismo Sport

https://www.gtplanet.net/laguna-seca-gran-turismo-sport/
https://www.gtplanet.net/laguna-seca-gran-turismo-sport/

Just saw this posted by TEX36 in the main Snail thread. May have to work this into the schedule between the European track tour after Barcelona and before we head to Interlagos. Stay tuned.

I am warning everybody that I have over a thousand virtual laps around this track on many different racing games. It all started with Gran Turismo 2.

That means, I will be hunting you down Bass if this track comes to the game. Lol

I sincerely have no doubt that you will hunt me down. lol
Rivalry, gonna be some more fun racing ahead. Now is probably a good time to announce @Moby45 has been promoted to the Platinum Driver Class. His consistent pace in last night's Event, along with his cooperation of running laps on race hard tires to get a baseline on if he would be closer in pace with the field were factors in his promotion. Congrats Moby45 and hope you enjoy the added challenge this presents to you.

Announcement
Raw10_2u of NGT Motorsport has retired from the series due to scheduling conflicts with real life. His primary grid spot was solicited, and @TomMang_68 /OMG_MANG has replied and accepted the open primary grid spot. Per his request, he will be driving his own personalized/created livery entry under NGT Motorsport as car No. 68. Welcome to the primary roster.

On that note, NGT Motorsport drivers @GTP_Guido and OMG_Mang could be a team to look out for going into the second half of the season. Good luck to you guys going into our next Event at Barcelona.:cheers:

Event Canceled: Lack of Interest
Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Special Event #3
Interest Check for
Friday, November 22nd
I would like to put out an interest check to all drivers to run a 3rd Special Event within the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge. Since 2 Friday's out would put us to Thanksgiving weekend, and the week after is the Snail Invitational, the only open slot between now and Evebt #5 in Barcelona is this upcoming Friday, November 22nd.

(2) 30 minute races
Race 1 (Qualifying)/Race 2 (Reverse grid)
Tire wear: 1x
Fuel usage: 3x
Tire compound: Race Medium (all drivers)
Fuel and pit stop strategies will be necessary.
(Likely need to pit at least once for fuel)

Track:
Tokyo Expressway- South Inner Loop
Lap count to achieve approx 30 minutes
Time and Conditions: Twightlight, 18:00 Clear
Laps times: approx 2:00-2:02 minutes.

Car:
16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning permitted
List of Tunes

All series rules and standards will apply to this race.
Snail-Porsche Cup Challenge Members are tagged below for an interest check, but race will be open to all.

👍 @llNovall
(X) @thracerviewr
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @TEX36
👍 @GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
(X) @pags
👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff Questionable
(X) @Phlano099
@gulfvet67
👍 @Drummer79
👍 @Moby45
@TomMang_68

RESERVE LIST (6)
@Noob01_lmdead
@DesertPenguin
@N38824r
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox
@Roman_GT23
👍 @SlvrOnyx

@stelephant

Please reply if you would be interested in racing. Primary drivers will use their season livery, Reserves and guest drivers will be issued a livery for the race night.
Looking for at least 12 drivers to formally schedule this event, so please sign up as soon as possible since it is less than a week out if we are to make this a go. Deadline to meet at least 12 and schedule event is this Wednesday, 5pm est.

A Formal Practice Night will now be scheduled in place of the Special Event. See this link:
SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Practice Info for Friday, 11/22.

Last edited:
Id pass due to the track as well. We run so close if 1 person makes a mistake and smacks the wall the 4 guys all within a sec have a stack up. We saw it last night in our Sunday races. I just don't feel like street circuits work well with gtsport.

Id pass due to the track as well. We run so close if 1 person makes a mistake and smacks the wall the 4 guys all within a sec have a stack up. We saw it last night in our Sunday races. I just don't feel like street circuits work well with gtsport.
I would typically agree, but the racecraft and precision at which drivers of this series have maintained their lines and respected space, I am willing to give it a chance. Also, it's for fun as a Special Event.. yes, points for special events are being tallied, but only for fun. Also, this layout is the only Tokyo layout I will race for the same reasons you mentioned. The South Inner loop has a much better flow, and a wider track section in most areas. Throw down a few laps, it does feel good with this car. Hope you reconsider.

Last edited:
I did a Broadcasted Video capture of Race 3 of this past Event at Spa. Caught many battles and quite a few passes, but the part that showcased this series and its drivers was how tight the packs were grouped while jockeying for position and the duration of these battles. From lap 5 to finish, positions 1-4 and 6-10 were very tight, and by the races end, the top five was separated by only 2.5 seconds, and top ten by 7.5 seconds. That is impressive:cheers:. Again, to all drivers who raced that night, great job all around, and I can't wait for our next one.

I am in for this race. It should be fun and pretty crazy.

Also, if one person smacks the wall and it takes out the people behind that is just a part of racing. Running away from something that hasn't actually happened yet is not going to make you a better driver nor will it help you to learn how to avoid those types of accidents. People can only get better with their race craft and understanding by dealing with the worst just as much as they deal with the best. Don't read into this as a rude comment, it is just honesty. Any track instructors will tell you the same thing.

Latest Posts

Back