**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Just checking tire choices. RH - RM (is RS a option)
Lol, unfortunately no RS. Only driver designated RM or RH.

@DesertPenguin
I had you confirmed for the Vintage Porsche 911 Cup on the 24th, but I have you now noted for the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge as well.

If ever not sure, go to the first post for any of my series, and go to the scores and standings tab (all shown in a spoiler tab below section 4, Penalty section). You may have to scroll to the right to get to the next event scoresheet, but it is setup shorty after the most recent event is finished. Driver names that are green are confirmed, with date and time in the notes column in the far right of the scoresheet. Sorry we'll miss ya tonight for the Lambo Event, but ill see ya tomorrow for the Blancpain Race.:cheers:

Long time DP. How have you been? I saw you had a injury that prevented you from racing, hope you are healed and all is well.
Hey man, I've been good. After SNAIL I had to find other outlets for racing and ever since then and GT Sport getting more active on here things have been pretty nice.

8575448528468345344_0.jpg

Season Event #7
at Interlagos
Friday, January 31st, 2020

at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post
To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Friday (race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Qualifying Procedure

1st/Main Porsche Cup Challenge Post-All.necessary info is here

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers: open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their attendance first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night.

Anyone with a ๐Ÿ‘ has been confirmed and noted to be present on Friday January 31st. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Friday January 31st. *Please reply either way*

Looking forward to our next race at:
Interlagos (Event Details)
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

๐Ÿ‘= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List
๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall
๐Ÿ‘ @Rob Brown
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36
๐Ÿ‘ @GTP_Guido
๐Ÿ‘ @basswerks1
๐Ÿ‘ @USERID_77a23
๐Ÿ‘ @nmcp1
๐Ÿ‘ @Fudman420
๐Ÿ‘ @CPT_RowdyGiff
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099
๐Ÿ‘ @gulfvet67
(X) @Moby45
(X) @TomMang_68
๐Ÿ‘ @FREEREVN

๐Ÿ‘ @DesertPenguin
๐Ÿ‘ @Drummer79

RESERVE LIST (6)
๐Ÿ‘ @SlvrOnyx (2nd Reserve)
(X) @Roman_GT23

๐Ÿ‘ @Bologna_Duc (1st Reserve)
@pags
๐Ÿ‘ @SAMHAIN85

Last edited:
Season 1 Schedule
Extension Vote
To all Drivers, Primary and Reserve:
I would like to propose a 2 race event extension for Season 1, extending the season from 10 races total to 12, and for your top 8 performances to count instead of 6.

This would carry the current season into June, allowing a month to regroup and reorganize for Season 2, and then schedule an Exhibition/Preseason Event in July. First Race Event of Season 2 would start again in late July/earlyAugust.

Proposed venues to finish out the season:

-Event #11: (New track or Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi)
-Event #12, Season Finale: LeMans

Please go to the link provided below to vote on extending the season or leaving it as is.

http://www.poll-maker.com/QQEYA8I

Please post "Voted" in the thread after you have made your selection.

Thanks,
II-NOVA-II

๐Ÿ‘ @llNovall
๐Ÿ‘ @thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
๐Ÿ‘ @TEX36
๐Ÿ‘ @GTP_Guido
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
๐Ÿ‘ @nmcp1
๐Ÿ‘ @Fudman420
๐Ÿ‘ @CPT_RowdyGiff
๐Ÿ‘ @Phlano099
๐Ÿ‘ @gulfvet67
@Moby45
@TomMang_68
@FREEREVN
๐Ÿ‘ @DesertPenguin
๐Ÿ‘ @SlvrOnyx
@pags
@Roman_GT23
๐Ÿ‘ @Drummer79
@Bologna_Duc
The results of this vote were strongly in favor of the 2 additional events. Of the 15 drivers who voted, 13 voted in favor/2 opposed the addition of 2 events. The schedule section has been updated to reflect the change, and we will now be counting the top 8 performances of the 12 race schedule (was 6 of 10). Thanks to everyone who afforded their opinion.

Also, in other news is thracerviewr has retired from the series to take on the challenge of Iracing. It was great racing with you and good luck.

@Bologna_Duc
@SlvrOnyx
You both are guaranteed spots on the grid this Friday with the reported absences of TomMang_68 and Moby45. I will PM both of you with which team and car you will be driving. See you fellas on the grid:cheers:

Small Lobby Setting Change:
With the successful use of Flag Rules in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cup and the Vintage Porsche 911 Cup, we will be utilizing this feature within this series as well.
Please observe the yellow flags as they will warn of danger or slow moving cars ahead, and blue flags if being approached by lead cars in lapping situations. Since we do not run penalties on, these flags are used just for informational purposes and do not incur in game penalty if not observed.
I would ask if you are pulling to the side to not finish a race or are finished qualifying early, to please drive to or return to the pits to avoid false yellow flags. If anyone during practice this week notices an irregularity or issuance of penalties with the penalty setting off, please notify me before Friday. Thanks, and looking forward to racing you all this Friday.

With the successful use of Flag Rules in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cup and the Vintage Porsche 911 Cup, we will be utilizing this feature within this series as well.
Please observe the yellow flags as they will warn of danger or slow moving cars ahead, and blue flags if being approached by lead cars in lapping situations. Since we do not run penalties on, these flags are used just for informational purposes and do not incur in game penalty if not observed.
I would ask if you are pulling to the side to not finish a race or are finished qualifying early, to please drive to or return to the pits to avoid false yellow flags. If anyone during practice this week notices an irregularity or issuance of penalties with the penalty setting off, please notify me before Friday. Thanks, and looking forward to racing you all this Friday.
I thought with flag rules on it gave penalties even if the other stuff was off?

I thought with flag rules on it gave penalties even if the other stuff was off?
We have been using flag rules since the start of the Lambo series, and it was used for the Vintage Porsche Cup with no issues of penalties being noted when passing cars under yellow. I will be testing this to be certain this week by having a car be off track, and do a drive by under yellow flag to see if it trips a penalty to be absolutely certain.

Disregard the Post above.
Had a chance to formally test flag rules with SamHain, and it was not so much the issue with penalties being assessed, but the fact that the spun/stationary vehicle ghosts when yellow flags are issued. Though this would probably help avoid an incident through a warning and ghosting, the ghosting aspect takes away from the realism effect of our races. Therefore, Flag rules will continue to be OFF for this series.

I'm posting high 1:35's on RH. My guess is low 35's to hi 34's will be fast lap pace unless of course if Samhain finds a slot on the grid. He posted a 134.3 on rh with a tune. Hope that helps.

Im going to have to change my availability to a tentative. We were forced to move to a different jobsite and it's far enough away it could be possible traffic would make me late.

Back