**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
GT3 Cup practice room open
0475-4125-2131-2225-7988

That dreaded abs glitch reared it’s ugly head on me tonight in practice. Dropped it from default to weak in the final. Need to make sure we have time after qual to back out and do the prevent crap. Prolly do host set grid like clean racer does for his GT4 then after he gets grid set everyone can back out and do the turn abs off drive a bit switch back to default thing.

One thing I have noticed is this is only happened to me in street cars so far. I’ve yet to see it on my end in a gr3 or 4 car.

That dreaded abs glitch reared it’s ugly head on me tonight in practice. Dropped it from default to weak in the final. Need to make sure we have time after qual to back out and do the prevent crap. Prolly do host set grid like clean racer does for his GT4 then after he gets grid set everyone can back out and do the turn abs off drive a bit switch back to default thing.

One thing I have noticed is this is only happened to me in street cars so far. I’ve yet to see it on my end in a gr3 or 4 car.
I will put a notation in the Pre-Race debrief post tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Quick question to anyone who might know: if you were to do the entry verifying your abs before entering track for open qualifying, will the settings carry for the race start if no one backs out?
Or does the grid have to be set by host to allow everyone to make entry and verify before starting race?

@SAMHAIN85
With GTP_Guido's reported absence, you will be guaranteed a spot on the grid tonight. You will be racing the No. 27 NGT Motorsport car. The livery will be sent to you via PM and psn message. See ya tonight.:cheers:

BOOOOOOO! He needs to be in the no. 99 KMR Brumos car. :D:D:D

@CPT_RowdyGiff
@SAMHAIN85
Could either of you shed light on this question before I post the pre race briefing post?

If you were to do the entry verifying your abs before entering track for open qualifying, will the settings carry for the race start if no one backs out?
Or does the grid have to be set by host to allow everyone to make a re-entry and re-verify before starting race?

@CPT_RowdyGiff
@SAMHAIN85
Could either of you shed light on this question before I post the pre race briefing post?

If you were to do the entry verifying your abs before entering track for open qualifying, will the settings carry for the race start if no one backs out?
Or does the grid have to be set by host to allow everyone to make a re-entry and re-verify before starting race?
@Clean Racer knows what to do

Looking forward to racing tonight. (I wonder if I should have put in some laps - dang it).
I've not heard about the ABS glitch until very recently. Never happened to me. I know [what you probably already know] that ABS setting should typically stay to whatever you set last. It is not saved to the car or tune. Your question seems to be with respect to the glitch, so you may have to take @CPT_RowdyGiff at his expectation.

@Clean Racer knows what to do
It's not entirely clear to me, TBH.

What I like to do is give folks the opportunity to reset the ABS before I start the race. I have not used the GT Sport qualifying for some time as I have been qualifying the old fashioned way due to a separate issue.

I suggest you try a test race to see how it works out but take a screen shot of the qualy results in case you have to restart. That way you can set by host for the restart if you need to.

Hope this helps.

It's not entirely clear to me, TBH.

What I like to do is give folks the opportunity to reset the ABS before I start the race. I have not used the GT Sport qualifying for some time as I have been qualifying the old fashioned way due to a separate issue.

I suggest you try a test race to see how it works out but take a screen shot of the qualy results in case you have to restart. That way you can set by host for the restart if you need to.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the input. We run an open qualifying session as well with a manual race start since the formal qualifying session tends to be hindered by issues. I have found in my experiences, and with the help from SAMHAIN85 that if you select the green check mark just to make your entry (but not enter track), then select the "options" icon (no need to change anything) and then exit options that it sets your setting correctly. It can be verified by looking at the members list option at the top of the screen. From there, it seems to be fine duri g the open lap/qualifying session and the manually started race. It seems anytime there is a return to lobby before or between races, that the setting can be flawed and needs to be checked and/or reset.

8575448528468345344_0.jpg

Event #7

January 31st, 2020
at Interlagos

Gentleman,
Race night is a few hours away. All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race for tonight. We have 15 drivers confirmed for tonight including the available Reserve drivers, and 1 primary driver yet to confirm their status.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

NOTICE of ABS GLITCH
With the discovered and verified ABS glitch, I would like to ask that when the room is reset for the start of qualifying, each driver perform the following procedure before entering the track for qualifying and Race1 and between races to ensure no one has this issue:

1. Select the GREEN check mark, entry only
2. Go to Members List at top of screen to see if your settings are correct (most times the ABS displays "Weak" and transmission shows "Automatic" when they shouldn't)
3. Go to and open the "Options" icon and verify your ABS and transmission setting.(No need to select or change anything if everything is displayed correctly in the options). Exit "Options menu.
4. Go back to the Members List and verify your settings are displayed correctly.
5. Enter track and begin qualifying.

DO NOT EXIT TO LOBBY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, AND IF YOU DO FOR ANY REASON, BE SURE TO PERFORM THE ABOVE BEFORE RE-ENTERING TRACK.
**THIS MUST ALSO BE DONE BETWEEN RACES: YOUR ENTRY SHOULD STILL BE ACTIVE. PERFORM STEPS 2-5 BEFORE THE START OF RACE 2 TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO ISSUES**

(After room is reset, please wait for the chat box reminder regarding the ABS glitch check/fix. 2 minutes will be afforded before the all clear is given to start qualifying, and a reminder will be messaged during the break between races.)

I'm hoping to hear from our final primary driver to complete a full grid for tonight, but either way, I expect it to be a busy and congested track at Interlagos. Be patient in the opening laps at the turn 1 S's, and the infield..alot of different braking points and racing lines can and will be used. With alot of race to jockey for positions, let's get through those first few laps of both races and let the actual racing settle in as we have for most if the season.

*Challenge to all drivers on the grid tonight: Let's see how long each if us can CLEANLY and FAIRLY keep @SAMHAIN85 behind us.;) Let's give him a good hard fought challenge. He will be in the bright yellow/orange NGT Motorsport car.:cheers:
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the grid tonight and good luck.:cheers:

GRID for EVENT #7 at Interlagos

@llNovall
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@FREEREVN
@DesertPenguin
@Drummer79
@SlvrOnyx
@Bologna_Duc
@SAMHAIN85

Last edited:
I have found in my experiences, and with the help from SAMHAIN85 that if you select the green check mark just to make your entry (but not enter track), then select the "options" icon (no need to change anything) and then exit options that it sets your setting correctly.

This is something I have been doing since Sport first came out. If you go back and watch any of my streams you'll almost always see me do this before I enter the track.

I dont know if it was a random occurence or what, but I noticed a long time ago my abs would be set to 'weak' without me selecting it. I discovered that if I simply brought up the driving options menu and then closed it, and then entered the track, the error seemed to go away. I have no idea whether that fixes this current bug or not, but as far as I can tell I havent been hit with it.

See you guys tonight

View attachment 886560
Event #7

January 31st, 2020
at Interlagos

Gentleman,
Race night is a few hours away. All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race for tonight. We have 13 drivers confirmed for tonight including the available Reserve drivers, and 3 primary drivers yet to confirm their status.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.

NOTICE of ABS GLITCH
With the discovered and verified ABS glitch, I would like to ask that when the room is reset for the start of qualifying, each driver perform the following procedure before entering the track for qualifying and Race1 and between races to ensure no one has this issue:

2. Go to Members List at top of screen to see if your settings are correct (most times the ABS displays "Weak" and transmission shows "Automatic" when they shouldn't)
3. Go to and open the "Options" icon and verify your ABS and transmission setting.(No need to select or change anything if everything is displayed correctly in the options). Exit "Options menu.
4. Go back to the Members List and verify your settings are displayed correctly.

DO NOT EXIT TO LOBBY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, AND IF YOU DO FOR ANY REASON, BE SURE TO PERFORM THE ABOVE BEFORE RE-ENTERING TRACK.
**THIS MUST ALSO BE DONE BETWEEN RACES: YOUR ENTRY SHOULD STILL BE ACTIVE. PERFORM STEPS 2-5 BEFORE THE START OF RACE 2 TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO ISSUES**

(After room is reset, please wait for the chat box reminder regarding the ABS glitch check/fix. 2 minutes will be afforded before the all clear is given to start qualifying, and a reminder will be messaged during the break between races.)

I'm hoping to hear from our 3 primary drivers to complete a full grid for tonight, but either way, I expect it to be a busy and congested track at Interlagos. Be patient in the opening laps at the turn 1 S's, and the infield..alot of different braking points and racing lines can and will be used. With alot of race to jockey for positions, let's get through those first few laps of both races and let the actual racing settle in as we have for most if the season.

*Challenge to all drivers on the grid tonight: Let's see how long each if us can CLEANLY and FAIRLY keep @SAMHAIN85 behind us.;) Let's give him a good hard fought challenge. He will be in the bright yellow/orange NGT Motorsport car.:cheers:

@llNovall
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@FREEREVN
@DesertPenguin
@Drummer79
@SlvrOnyx
@Bologna_Duc
@SAMHAIN85

I try this every time he starts behind me but it don't work

This is something I have been doing since Sport first came out. If you go back and watch any of my streams you'll almost always see me do this before I enter the track.

I dont know if it was a random occurence or what, but I noticed a long time ago my abs would be set to 'weak' without me selecting it. I discovered that if I simply brought up the driving options menu and then closed it, and then entered the track, the error seemed to go away. I have no idea whether that fixes this current bug or not, but as far as I can tell I havent been hit with it.

See you guys tonight

My abs is always set to weak.

View attachment 886560
Event #7

January 31st, 2020
at Interlagos

Gentleman,
Race night is a few hours away. All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race for tonight. We have 13 drivers confirmed for tonight including the available Reserve drivers, and 3 primary drivers yet to confirm their status.

NOTICE of ABS GLITCH

I'm hoping to hear from our 3 primary drivers to complete a full grid for tonight, but either way, I expect it to be a busy and congested track at Interlagos. Be patient in the opening laps at the turn 1 S's, and the infield..alot of different braking points and racing lines can and will be used. With alot of race to jockey for positions, let's get through those first few laps of both races and let the actual racing settle in as we have for most if the season.

@llNovall
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@FREEREVN
@DesertPenguin
@Drummer79
@SlvrOnyx
@Bologna_Duc
@SAMHAIN85

I will be ready to race tonight

I'll make it home in time. We got off early due to the weather! See you on the grid.:cheers:
Awseome:cheers: See you at 9 est.

We now have a 15 car grid set for tonight. Be sure to see the Pre-race briefing a few posts up for the entry process to ensure we have no issues with the ABS glitch.

Back