*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
1646626115945.png

Good morning fellas,
@Rob Brown ,
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 , and myself ran some laps at Lago Maggiore GP yesterday. A few points to note:
-Get some seat time before Friday
- I'd ask that any drivers that have found any stable or confident tunes to be open to sharing here in the thread.
-While there is alot of talk around the rear tire physics and its unpredictability, GT7 has imo gone in the right direction. The physics feel much more in line with Assetto Corsa which we all know is near the top of the board in that department. With that, however, is the unforgiving side of these physics. I do hope that PD dials the rear snappiness in to be a little more forgiving, but not too much...and hopefully leave the rest of the physics model alone. To be continued on that subject.
-For now though, Driving clean and consistent on GT7 will take immense concentration and much smoother inputs compared to what we have been used to on GTSport.

This will be an adjustment phase, and I expect it will take some time for us to get acclimated to the changes. Let's all try to group together and share any tunes that make the Porsche more manageable and confident in an effort to preserve the close quarters racing and parity we have worked the series into.

The only other option would be going back to GTSport to finish the seasons, and that appears to be of little interest to most who race in these series.

Be patient, use the tuning, and adjust your driving to a more lifelike approach and I'm sure we can make GT7 work well for us.

The other note, is the lobbies....which are broken atm. I won't get into detail, but some update fixes will be a must before we officially resume our seasons on this new title.

Shared liveries from gtsport will be worked on this week. Hoping to get everyones imported and shared before Friday. I'll tag driver and link the liveries here. See you guys throughout the week, or this Friday for our Shakedown night.

Good morning fellas,
@Rob Brown ,
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 , and myself ran some laps at Lago Maggiore GP yesterday. A few points to note:
-Get some seat time before Friday
- I'd ask that any drivers that have found any stable or confident tunes to be open to sharing here in the thread.
-While there is alot of talk around the rear tire physics and its unpredictability, GT7 has imo gone in the right direction. The physics feel much more in line with Assetto Corsa which we all know is near the top of the board in that department. With that, however, is the unforgiving side of these physics. I do hope that PD dials the rear snappiness in to be a little more forgiving, but not too much...and hopefully leave the rest of the physics model alone. To be continued on that subject.
-For now though, Driving clean and consistent on GT7 will take immense concentration and much smoother inputs compared to what we have been used to on GTSport.

This will be an adjustment phase, and I expect it will take some time for us to get acclimated to the changes. Let's all try to group together and share any tunes that make the Porsche more manageable and confident in an effort to preserve the close quarters racing and parity we have worked the series into.

The only other option would be going back to GTSport to finish the seasons, and that appears to be of little interest to most who race in these series.

Be patient, use the tuning, and adjust your driving to a more lifelike approach and I'm sure we can make GT7 work well for us.

The other note, is the lobbies....which are broken atm. I won't get into detail, but some update fixes will be a must before we officially resume our seasons on this new title.

Shared liveries from gtsport will be worked on this week. Hoping to get everyones imported and shared before Friday. I'll tag driver and link the liveries here. See you guys throughout the week, or this Friday for our Shakedown night.
So I tested the multiplayer lobbies with GBRC last night, and I have my reservations on jumping into GT7 so soon apart from the snappiness mentioned above (which tbh it is nice but it is a little over exaggerated at times, even on a MX-5 Miata :lol:)

• There's no longer reverse grid based on results. It's either fastest or slowest first
  • We found the lobbies a bit laggy at times (people looking jittery on track etc).
  • At times the lobby did just lock up completely, not one or two people, but everyone
-The grind of unlocking tracks as @Harry Rowley mentioned (which I don't mind, I actually missed the grind and the thrill of climbing the ladder so to speak), but some others don't have as much time as others, myself included.

Yeah I would say let's wait to see what the update this week will look like but if I had to pick I would go back to GTS to finish until online in GT7 becomes polished. It's very much an uncut diamond right now.

To all Porsche Cup Drivers tagged here:
Below is the final version of our new and improved Porsche GT3 Cup Car.
Car: 2016 Porsche 911 GT3RS
Final Base Specs:
2723lbs/ 507hp /PP no limit

After purchasing Car,
purchase in the following order pictured in the Spoiler box below:
View attachment 1120649View attachment 1120650View attachment 1120651View attachment 1120652
View attachment 1120653

This is where to find and edit transferred liveries:
View attachment 1120654View attachment 1120655View attachment 1120656
View attachment 1120657
Only add the parts noted as purchased:
View attachment 1120658View attachment 1120659View attachment 1120660
Brakes: max available kit will be the Carbon ceramics from the "Extreme" menu, but the slotted or cross drilled brakes will also be allowed in the series. Use whichever you prefer up to the carbon ceramics
View attachment 1120661
View attachment 1120662View attachment 1120663

This is the final look, and imo an even closer representation of a Porsche GT3 Cup Car.
View attachment 1120642View attachment 1120643View attachment 1120644View attachment 1120645View attachment 1120646View attachment 1120670
View attachment 1120647View attachment 1120648

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)

First shakedown night, this Friday, March 11th, 9pm est. Track: TBD
Confirm attendance below.
Ok I have some questions regarding the specs

Widebody or no widebody?
For the wheels standard size or wide width and offset?

Ok I have some questions regarding the specs

Widebody or no widebody?
For the wheels standard size or wide width and offset?
Widebody: yes
Then front kit/rear kit/spoiler kit
Wheels: BBS RI-A 20" max width and offset.
I'll be getting your livery updated and shared asap.

I am curious to see what the update brings. If it sorts the multi-player stability and gives us back our "GTSport" options, we will make a go on the new title. If not, I will likely announce a continuance of the seasons on GTSport until GT7 multi-player is corrected. We'll cross that bridge after this week.

Last edited:
It will be quite the challenge to keep this 911 from passing itself. I expect a bit of chaos for the short term but we are overcomers! Ya buddy.
Stay positive, I tell myself. A bad day on track is better than a good day at work.
Nova has a great sense of how to keep the series on track. I don’t know how he wades through the good and bad ideas but I keep brainstorming anyway. Ha.
How about Racing Intermediates? They offer much easier break away characteristics. And would allow some light rain in future. Why not? Well, probably because your crystal ball tells you …
1646758295146.gif

Last edited:
So, I have had a chance to run thru a multitude of cars and varying g tire compounds, and have played more with the Porsche. My personal final verdict so far....absolutely love the feel of this sim...and yes, I say sim. This feels so much closer to Assetto Corsa, but maybe one or two ticks down, but with much better graphics. Now my main hope is they get the multi-player sorted. I'm slowly working on progression thru the title to gain access to all tracks, and even more slowly rolling out the liveries. Thanks for everyone's patience. Looking forward to Friday.

Anyone have or get baseline tune would help a lot, I’m learning more about tuning with GT7 but I’m more focus on getting wheel because I agree I love the newer physics but for PS4 controller driver i will be even less competitive then gts.

Also I’m loving Trial mountain and Daytona, High speed ring, I’m up in the air about Deep Forest

Last edited:
Do you have a track picked for Friday’s test ???
I'm thinking Daytona Road Course if everyone has gotten that far. Anyone who has not gotten Daytona yet, post here in thread. Lago Maggiore GP would be next choice since we have alot of data and get that track early in the Gt7 progression.

Anyone have or get baseline tune would help a lot, I’m learning more about tuning with GT7 but I’m more focus on getting wheel because I agree I love the newer physics but for PS4 controller driver i will be even less competitive then gts.

Also I’m loving Trial mountain and Daytona, High speed ring, I’m up in the air about Deep Forest
This is my work in progress tune so far. At Lago GP, I was able to snag a 1:59.0 in the time trial mode on Race hards...not sure if online lobby laps will be the same yet.
17f6bfc9f8d91-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421576741959946_1646784148281.jpg
17f6bfcb57632-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421576747595046_1646784170293.jpg

I'm asking everyone to be open to sharing their tunes in the interest of helping everyone get confident and comfortable so we can resume with the same racing we had on Sport.

Last edited:
What about Barcelona?

Still fresh in my mind for comparison.
Barcelona is menu book 33, Spa is 30.
I'm at 18 atm....and hoping to snag a few more today/tomorrow.

I like the idea of Daytona Road Course just because we don't have it on the schedule for the Porsche series this season and it'd be fun, but I don't think it would lend a good test of the Porsche's handling.

I say we run at Lago Maggiore GP. It's the first track in the menu book, so everyone has ac ess to it, and as a test bed, Lago has everything to rattle a car: tight left/right combos, fast S curves, banked high speed corners, banked hairpins, multi-apex corners, and even the off camber turn 4 right hander....and the track is wide for good racing. I'd bet that if we can wrangle the car here, it could behave anywhere.

Lago Maggiore GP
Conditions: select the weather, 2nd from the far left, some clouds, and the midday-ish time. I'll give exact when I get online later today.
Friday, March 11th, 9pm est.

Any tunes that have been shared and/or made public have been linked in the 8th post of the thread, or linked below:

List of Available and Shared Tunes Link

Last edited:
Here some more liveries:
@fruitloop31
17f6c85d5f931-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421579004521009_1646792986410~2.jpg

@Yugofan
17f6c7b1aaf45-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421578738482315_1646791947196~2.jpg

@MrDonovan
17f6c7b0fb939-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421578601970096_1646791413945~2.jpg

@Rob Brown
(This is an updated version with the GT logos on the wing)
17f6c7b024675-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421578372794270_1646790518727~2.jpg

@Noob01_lmdead /Rauljimenez76
17f706a83d363-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421595623323574_1646857903607~2.jpg

All of the liveries shared are open and available for you to edit. @Rob Brown and @Yugofan , the Sponsor decals have not carried over from Sport and therefore have not transfered with the liveries. Feel free to add a Sponsor of your choice to your car's, and please share the liveries when finished so I can capture pictures for the drivers Profile page and spotters guide. If I can source the original decals, I'll apply and re-share.

Last edited:
@praiano63 posted a tune for our Porsche. Big thanks to him for sharing his expertise in the tuning department. :cheers:
Screenshot_20220309-100701_Samsung Internet.jpg

His tunes are usually a great base to start with, but typically tended to be a but understeery but very stable.... doubt that understeery will be the case on GT7, but stable will be huge. Hope it helps. More tunes to be added in post #8 of the thread as they are shared.

Last edited:
@praiano63 posted a tune for our Porsche. Big thanks to him for sharing his expertise in the tuning department. :cheers:
View attachment 1121699

His tunes are usually a great base to start with, but typically tended to be a but understeery but very stable.... doubt that understeery will be the case on GT7, but stable will be huge. Hope it helps. More tunes to be added in post #8 of the thread as they are shared.
Was a bit skeptical since power is at 362hp and weight at 2612 but if Roman speaks, the empire listens. (Seems Praiano had target to stay under 700PP).

Last edited:
I should be able to make it tomorrow. I have Daytona and Spa unlocked. I won't have much more time to tweak so I'm just going to start with Praiano's tune and then adjust from there. I have a feeling it's going to be track dependent.

(I would also recommend if we're doing DRC do NOT have standing start at the oval. You will spin and die lol.

I should be able to make it tomorrow. I have Daytona and Spa unlocked. I won't have much more time to tweak so I'm just going to start with Praiano's tune and then adjust from there. I have a feeling it's going to be track dependent.

(I would also recommend if we're doing DRC do NOT have standing start at the oval. You will spin and die lol.
Since Lago was the first track opened, we're going to Lago Maggiore GP, afternoon, some clouds. We'll run a few races there, and then move as interest decides. More of a data grab to see how rh and rm play together, and to get everyone acclimated to the Porsche.

Hoping PD gets the lack of lobby options sorted out sooner than later....first official race is in 4 weeks as of tomorrow.

In the tuning menu make sure your purchased mods are installed. I used the Porsche for the last menu book races (on RM). Deep Forest AI kept beating me to first. I then actually installed the drilled disc racing brakes in the third column in tuning settings. My brake point into T1 moved from 150 to 100m. I also purchased the ceramic brakes but have yet to evaluate any performance difference.

It appears 500mi is when an oil change is required. Noticed in lobby last night I was down to 500hp. Oil condition showed worn. 350 credits to restore the 7hp.

Back