*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Fellas,
Apologies for the lack of enthusiasm and frustration dumped onto the night from my end. I had such high expectations for GT7 that they would deliver a complete, finished, and polished offering, and instead we have what we have.
Many factors are fighting against our move to GT7:
1. Online Lobbies are in shambles with little to no options, and very little stability.
2. No ability to change room settings or check specs.
3. Physics that atm are very unpredictable and non conducive to close racing.
4. While the Porsche series is more easily adapted to GT7, the Michelin series would almost require an overhaul of the BoP Specs to make it work on GT7 since there is very little power and Weight adjustability options.
5. All the effort and time we have invested in the Porsche series and in the Michelin series and the BoP adjustments along the way that has narrowed the parity would be no where near as it is under the new physics and tuni g features.

With all that said, I will be continuing both of our series on GTSport to their completion to allow GT7 time to update and grow into the title we were expecting it to be. From there, we could start fresh once PD has everything ironed out.
I will have the Event Details Post and Confirmation Post out for Event #9 of the Michelin series at Suzuka over the next few days. We will need to reach at least 12 drivers confirmed to race or to be on the grid on race night to run the event. Have great weekend fellas, and see some of you in some practice lobbies over the next week or so.

Fellas,
Apologies for the lack of enthusiasm and frustration dumped onto the night from my end. I had such high expectations for GT7 that they would deliver a complete, finished, and polished offering, and instead we have what we have.
Many factors are fighting against our move to GT7:
1. Online Lobbies are in shambles with little to no options, and very little stability.
2. No ability to change room settings or check specs.
3. Physics that atm are very unpredictable and non conducive to close racing.
4. While the Porsche series is more easily adapted to GT7, the Michelin series would almost require an overhaul of the BoP Specs to make it work on GT7 since there is very little power and Weight adjustability options.
5. All the effort and time we have invested in the Porsche series and in the Michelin series and the BoP adjustments along the way that has narrowed the parity would be no where near as it is under the new physics and tuni g features.

With all that said, I will be continuing both of our series on GTSport to their completion to allow GT7 time to update and grow into the title we were expecting it to be. From there, we could start fresh once PD has everything ironed out.
I will have the Event Details Post and Confirmation Post out for Event #9 of the Michelin series at Suzuka over the next few days. We will need to reach at least 12 drivers confirmed to race or to be on the grid on race night to run the event. Have great weekend fellas, and see some of you in some practice lobbies over the next week or so.
Happy to continue Chris. Thank you for all your hard work. We will still have a very competitive racing league, as long as people stand up and be supportive. I believe that the drivers committed to your league and racing prior to any release date confirmation for GT7. I believe in good faith that they will continue the seasons as an obligation to the group.

Confirming…..

Last edited:
I attempted to join the lobby last night and got blue screened. I joined a random lobby afterwards and all the cars on track I saw were bouncing/skipping like a slideshow on my screen. Did you guys experience this too? Everything feels so broken right now. Wouldve been better to delay the game again than release this hot garbage

I attempted to join the lobby last night and got blue screened. I joined a random lobby afterwards and all the cars on track I saw were bouncing/skipping like a slideshow on my screen. Did you guys experience this too? Everything feels so broken right now. Wouldve been better to delay the game again than release this hot garbage
Hi SAMHAIN85,
It was awful. We tried twice to push a race in the lobby at Lago Maggiore GP, both times kicking half the room. I didn't get a blue screen, but we did drop drivers both times. During open lapping, there was alot of drivers skipping and bouncing around, and from my end, other than my can, no liveries were displayed on other cars. I was so frustrated with complete lack of finish to this title that I had to hang it up for the night. Both the Porsche and Michelin series' have been moved back to resume on GTSport to their finish in June. Hopefully PD will have more sorted out by then and we will start new seasons on GT7 if they do. It's a shame. I too would have rather waited for a polished and finished product. First impressions always hold alot of weight.

I think you need to step in and join our two series, help us to finish off the season Sam. We seem to have a few drivers whom want to suffer the GT7 pain files for the foreseeable future.

Sign him up NOVA? 🤣 We’ll even forego some weight for you! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

Last edited:
@llNovall

There's a bug listed on the known issues list. If a driver can't see another driver in the list when the host starts the race, that driver's game will crash. Try checking that everyone in the lobby can seen the correct number of joined drivers before starting the race.

Series Announcement

The current Season (3) of the Porsche Cup Challenge has been placed on hold. We will no longer be racing on the GTSport title. The schedule and plans to resume the current season on GT7 will be announced once PD get the lobbies sorted and we have an opportunity to test the features and Lobby stability. Until then, our regularly scheduled nights will be testing/tuning nights for this and our upcoming new Michelin series. See everyone on GT7.

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)

@CRC_Tony

Last edited:
@Rob Brown
Unfortunately, my confidence in us being able to maintain a strong grid using GTSport isn't high. I'd rather us take a break until GT7 is sorted and kick back off strong, rather than the end of the current season dying a slow death as numbers drop off in favor of seat time on GT7.

I understand. A real shame GT7 has gone the way of gaming instead of race simulator. It has become counter productive to Snail 🐌 and racing leagues in general. (MOTO statement ->) Time will certainly reveal what happens.
Meanwhile, I’m prepping my son’s gaming PC with 2TB M.2 NVME SSD to the existing 500GB SATA SSD that houses the operating system. (He’s content with his own PS5). No immediate plans for iRacing. I’ll dabble first in some other titles like ACC, Raceroom.
I don’t plan to leave Gran Turismo but PD is doing an awesome job of pushing me away. And GT Planet, well I’m plum nauseated of all the wishing and hoping occurring on the threads.

I understand. A real shame GT7 has gone the way of gaming instead of race simulator. It has become counter productive to Snail 🐌 and racing leagues in general. (MOTO statement ->) Time will certainly reveal what happens.
Meanwhile, I’m prepping my son’s gaming PC with 2TB M.2 NVME SSD to the existing 500GB SATA SSD that houses the operating system. (He’s content with his own PS5). No immediate plans for iRacing. I’ll dabble first in some other titles like ACC, Raceroom.
I don’t plan to leave Gran Turismo but PD is doing an awesome job of pushing me away. And GT Planet, well I’m plum nauseated of all the wishing and hoping occurring on the threads.
Well, here's to hoping they can get it sorted and we can keep you around.😉

I just chipped in with a small donation to @praiano63. This guy rocks! So many benefit from his efforts, I just had to show my appreciation. He isn’t really benefiting (and certainly not getting rich) from tuning and sharing. In my mind, he has good fortune coming. He earns our thanks in one way or another! Thanks Praiano!

I just chipped in with a small donation to @praiano63. This guy rocks! So many benefit from his efforts, I just had to show my appreciation. He isn’t really benefiting (and certainly not getting rich) from tuning and sharing. In my mind, he has good fortune coming. He earns our thanks in one way or another! Thanks Praiano!
Thanks a lot for your help. With this donation , we have already 33% of the future PS5 collected.😃

@llNovall - I’m fairly concerned with rumours that PS4/5 GT7 races have been segregated, either on purpose or by compatibility issues. This may be why lobbies are so unstable right now but this has also been reported in GT7’s sport mode too.

Last edited:
@llNovall - I’m fairly concerned with rumours that PS4/5 GT7 races have been segregated, either on purpose or by compatibility issues. This may be why lobbies are so unstable right now but this has also been reported in GT7’s sport mode too.
Hi Kermit,
Been a while. Yes, I have concerns as well, however, we really never had cross platform issues in our race lobbies before, so I have to believe that this isn't the case. At this point, the Porsche Series is on hold until we get get some definition and stability to the online lobbies and the features we need to operate. Luckily, the Porsche series was easily adaptable with some subtle changes to utilize new available features of GT7.

Unfortunately, due to the split in interest (some moved to and wanted to stay on GT7, and others wanted to finish on GTSport), we didn't have the driver numbers to finish out our Season for the Gr4 series and just closed the season to start fresh on GT7 if/when it's sorted. Keeping the fingers crossed that the growing pains get worked out sooner than later so we can get back to some good racing. Until then, we will be doing some testing/tuning hang out nights on GT7. Hope to catch there down the line.

Hi Kermit,
Been a while. Yes, I have concerns as well, however, we really never had cross platform issues in our race lobbies before, so I have to believe that this isn't the case. At this point, the Porsche Series is on hold until we get get some definition and stability to the online lobbies and the features we need to operate. Luckily, the Porsche series was easily adaptable with some subtle changes to utilize new available features of GT7.

Unfortunately, due to the split in interest (some moved to and wanted to stay on GT7, and others wanted to finish on GTSport), we didn't have the driver numbers to finish out our Season for the Gr4 series and just closed the season to start fresh on GT7 if/when it's sorted. Keeping the fingers crossed that the growing pains get worked out sooner than later so we can get back to some good racing. Until then, we will be doing some testing/tuning hang out nights on GT7. Hope to catch there down the line.
I’m always lurking 😂. My schedule should be easing off into the spring and I was hoping to be able to fill as a reserve once again. I’m yet to pick up GT7 but I will do hopefully when things improve.

Out of curiosity, which Porsche will be used for this? There are multiple 911s that seem very perfect candidates to make a GT3 Cup out of from multiple years. (1999, 2001 and 2009 in particular come to mind).

Out of curiosity, which Porsche will be used for this? There are multiple 911s that seem very perfect candidates to make a GT3 Cup out of from multiple years. (1999, 2001 and 2009 in particular come to mind).
It'll be the 2016 911 GT3RS (991). That's assuming if/when they get the lobbies sorted. We're on hold at the moment until we get more online options.

So. Another wrinkle we found last night (which I know will please @llNovall so so much :lol:). Even if you set the lobby to private/friends only other people can still get in. And there's no option (currently) to kick anyone from the lobby :eek:
Yeah, online is a mess. Honestly, until they get us proper features back, the season is on hold. I will be hosting test/tune nights for this and the Michelin series over the next couple of weeks in hopes that they get sorted sooner than later.
This Friday, I will be running an open time trial/room Stability test room this Friday. Usual time, 9pm est. See this link:
Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge presented by Snail (Season 3)

Yeah, online is a mess. Honestly, until they get us proper features back, the season is on hold. I will be hosting test/tune nights for this and the Michelin series over the next couple of weeks in hopes that they get sorted sooner than later.
This Friday, I will be running an open time trial/room Stability test room this Friday. Usual time, 9pm est. See this link:
Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge presented by Snail (Season 3)
We ran some races online for snail last night, room
Was still laggy but no disconnections so maybe little improvement, but the
Lack of settings like seeing what’s others have as tires or Power and not being able to change tracks

They should give us minimum of what we had in sport I’ve been not been playing much because my
Enjoyment is multiplayer not the sport mode or racing against AI

We ran some races online for snail last night, room
Was still laggy but no disconnections so maybe little improvement, but the
Lack of settings like seeing what’s others have as tires or Power and not being able to change tracks

They should give us minimum of what we had in sport I’ve been not been playing much because my
Enjoyment is multiplayer not the sport mode or racing against AI
Hey kg,
I'm right there with ya. Missing our online racing...can't wait to get back to form....unfortunately, just not enough drivers willing to go back to Sport to keep things going. But, in meantime, we have plenty to get sorted for the new season of the Michelin series. Have a look. I will be running a test/tune/time trial lobby on Friday....may be just open free lapping, but if we can get a race off the ground, we will try.

It'll be the 2016 911 GT3RS (991). That's assuming if/when they get the lobbies sorted. We're on hold at the moment until we get more online options.
OK, so we'll be aiming to recreate this then?

1647896623440.png

Back