*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Lap times? I'mmmm sooooooooo confuuuuused. All I know is that the Professor (Phlano099) is 3 sec faster on a pb time. And that practice track was so slick in T1 an last T that it was impossible to get even close to the Professor.

I sure would like to see an official track and time for this race.
I and Harry are in the same time frames...around 2:20's with a little more to find. Assuming he was on the correct room Settings, he's way above pace. We'll see Friday night. 😬
18085e88dad85-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_422765187278182_1651426512805.jpg

I and Harry are in the same time frames...around 2:20's with a little more to find. Assuming he was on the correct room Settings, he's way above pace. We'll see Friday night. 😬
View attachment 1145623
OK but what track time and conditions are you using? Why was t1 so slick? Each time I practice with Phlano T1 and last turn had such terrible grip to get any drive out for a decent lap time.

OK but what track time and conditions are you using? Why was t1 so slick? Each time I practice with Phlano T1 and last turn had such terrible grip to get any drive out for a decent lap time.
Using normal Spa layout, with preset, SO2 Conditions. My beat was a 2:20 flat with optimal in the 2:19.7. Still some time on the table. Turn 1 I have down OK, but that final chicane is tricky...I've found staying in 3 gear and tip toeing the throttle will get it thru.

@Phlano099 mind games. I’m fairly certain he’s not a cheater and I know he doesn’t have any talent. :lol:

Also low 2:20s. I’m not sure about those turns being slippery so much as horrible weight transfer? I've had better luck in those corners with Raul’s tune plus a bit more on rear roll and on throttle as Nova said.

S3 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter SVG file main primary roster-5.png

GT7 Season 3 Restart
Porsche GT3 Supercup Challenge

Event #8
at Spa Francorchamps
Friday, May 6th, 2022
at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post

Alright Gentlemen,
Season 3 of the Porsche series is set to resume this Friday, May 6th at 9pm est with updated and improved "Porsche Cup" cars and procedures. Spa Francorchamps is our first venue with the new title and these newly outfitted Porsches. I'd ask that all drivers please carefully review the Interim Race and Start Procedures Link to familiarize yourselves with the "hopefully " temporary qualifying procedures and new to the series 2x2 rolling start. See the specific start point and details within the Confirmation Reminder in the tab below.
Please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Thursday (day before race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

1st Post of Thread (All series information can be found here)

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Be sure to check your specs:
Next Event Ballast and Weight Chart

Event Details:
Track: Spa Francorchamps
Conditions: preset, SO2
Laps: 18 laps
(1 formation/start lap, then 17 laps to equal 40 minutes +)

Car: '16 Porsche 911 GT3RS
(See bottom of first post for "Quick Link" for a build list of required parts)

Tuning: Permitted
ABS: Allowed/NO other aids

Rolling Start Point
Just after the exit of El Rouge after the track straightens: the lead row may start where the track wall comes back to the track edge.
Screenshot_20220503-163344_Photos.jpg

-All drivers following must NOT jump the start...wait for the driver in front of you to accelerate or be sure to time it properly.
-the race start will be reviewed after every race. Any Drivers deemed to have jumped the start, gaining a significant advantage or causing incident will be issued a minimum 10 point penalty assessed against their overall score for the night.
-In the event of a major incident, drivers involved are asked to type or come over the mic and request a Restart Caution. The Race Director will instruct, over the mic, for all drivers to regroup in order of current placement when the Restart Caution is ordered (not qualifying order), and which side odd and even places are to form up. Drivers may warm tires, but must be in 2x2 formation by the start/finish line. Lead driver will set and hold the pace at 50mph, and will restart at the predetermined start point noted above.
-If an incident occurs again, drivers are to resume racing and the restart will be reviewed post event.
-This is the only circumstance for a Caution to be issued in this series.

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers:
-open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their availability first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night. Confirm early to give you the best chances to race if abcense(s) occurs.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present for Friday, May 6thth. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Thursday (day before race night)
Please reply either way

Looking forward to our next race at:
See Above^^^
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

👍 @llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
👍 @Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
(X) @Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum) 1st
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
👍 @Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
👍 @Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
👍 @Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
👍 @socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
👍 @fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
👍 @JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
👍 @Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
👍 @Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
👍 @Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
👍 @Bologna_Duc / Bologna_Duc (Platinum)1st R

I plan to have a few late afternoon practices this week after work...between 4-5pm est.. Hope to see some of you then.

Last edited:
Important Series Announcement
Interim Race Night
Procedures and Rules

Alright Gentlemen,
We had a very good session in the Porsches on Friday night, 4/22. For those not in attendance, we ran three 40 minute races...all of which were overall very stable with @Rob Brown hosting at around 8-11 drivers, and the racing was absolutely on par with what we have known this series to be. Also, even though there has been plenty of discussion over the physics, most found the car to be quite manageable and fun with a good tune. Now, with the latest update noting improvements in the rear snap oversteer, I'd expect we may need to tweek some of our tunes to adjust for the changes. This can only be a positive. As this update is certainly welcome, we are still without proper lobby features, however, I have given some thought to starring our Season back up with what we have based on things learned from this last test night.

Below are interim procedures and rules we will utilize to adapt what we have available to our needs within the series.
--Race Night Procedure
-9pm est: Room will open at or slightly before. Drivers may enter the track and begin hot lap Qualifying. (Once on track, do not leave the track or enter the pits for any reason. Otherwise, your fastest lap displayed in your lap history mfd may be erased)
-9pm-9:25pm est: Open hot lapping. Until 9:25pm est. At that time, all drivers are to remain on track, park at turn 1, and set your mfd to the lap history which shows sector bests, fast lap, and optimal lap. (Your fastest lap will be your qualifying time.)
9:25pm est 9:35pm est: I will return to lobby, at which point I will scroll through each driver to take a picture of their lap history. (Please be sure to have the correct mfd display shown, and I'd ask all drivers to keep their cars static during this time)
-9:35pm -10:10pm est: Race 1 will start. (See start procedure noted below.)
-10:10-10:20pm est: break and scoring
-10:20pm est: All drivers are to enter the pits only. Do not go out on track. The Race Director will ask everyone to press "pause" to verify driver count shown at the bottom of the screen. After grid is verified, he will call out the Reverse driver order. Drivers are to exit the pits and line up in order at Turn 1. Once the order is set, the lead driver will be instructed to proceed around the track to the start finish line to set the order. Host will then be asked to start the race. (See start procedure noted below)

Starting Procedure
-Race 1 from the grid:
All drivers will be on the starting grid. After the lights go out, drivers should procede forward slowly in the same order and "row" they would be on the grid. Drivers are to tighten up side by side and hold at approximately 50 mph. Drivers must pay attention to avoid any contact with other cars at all times. (The race director will instruct the lead car as to when and where we will start. This can and will change based on track...could be the longest straight or the start/finish line..whichever gives us the longest straight for a clean start.) The race director will clarify to the grid where the start point will be as we are rounding the track for lap 1. Race length will be laps to equal 40 minutes, +1 lap.
-Drivers are not to try and attempt a jump on the start. Any drivers found to have throttled in before the row in front of them and gained an advantage will recieve a 5 point penalty against their overall score for the night.
-No Cautions Available in the Porsceh series.

Scoring
-Qualifying laps will be recorded as noted above.
-since fast laps are not available to us in the replays, we will record a fastest average lap for each driver along with overall time for the leader and intervals for the remaining.
(I will take each driver's total time in total minutes, breaking down into seconds, and then divide by total laps raced by each driver. This will give us an average lap time for each driver. (This will be in use until we recieve a feature to afford fast lap records.)

Event #8 Confirmation
Reminder Post
Friday, May 6th, 2022
at Spa Francorchamps
Target Restart date to resume the Season:
Friday, May 6th, 2022 at 9pm est.
Spa Francorchamps
Conditions: TBD

(Testing for time and weather progression will be made throughout this week with formal Settings shared next weekend.)

I'd ask that all primary drivers tagged below to be sure they have built their car to the specs provided from the quick links at the bottom of the 1st post in this thread and have retrieved their updated Mobile 1 /Michelin livery if rendered for you. Shared Tunes will be available for everyone to use.

Please confirm your attendance for race night and acknowledgement of these procedures. Reserves priority is based on first to confirm available basis. Be sure to get your spot if one becomes ooen. Looking forward to getting back to some full racing.

@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@Phlano099 /@Phlano_099 (Platinum)
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@MrDonovan /MrDonovan (Gold)
@Yugofan /Yugofan (Platinum)
@Harry Rowley /Harry_Rowley_10 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead /rauljimenez76 (Platinum)
@IceWarden /Ice_Warden (Gold)
@socalnatv /Sand_68 (Platinum)
@fruitloop31 / fruitloop31 (Platinum)
@JDMKING13 / jdmking13 (Gold)
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@Fudman420 /Fudman420 (Gold)
@Trickybrewer/ Trickybrewer (Platinum)
@Kgffy / kgffty (Platinum)
@Xradkins/ Xrad-11 (Platinum)
Reserve Drivers (no specific priority order)
@MikeGrove / (Platinum)
@aedenmaddok /aedonmaddok (Gold)
@Kermit_2142 /Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@Deal24 /fullerbunch (Gold)
@SydViscus / Sydviscus (Gold)
Procedure read and understood! I hope it goes to plan.

Btw, do reserve drivers have any rights? If theres an option I’d take either of those pretty Adobe winery or Texas part store liveries. Unless I have an assigned team already.

@R1600Turbo
@rsrgse
@bloodyboyblue
@Valex
@IforceV8
@ruggermole
@Track_King47

Good morning Gents,
This is an open invitation to join our Reserve driver pool for coverage when primary drivers are not available. Openings are covered on a first come first to confirm available basis....basically if any of you are next to confirm, you could be on the grid. Pre-rendered team liveries are available for use as needed and will be provided, so no need to render a livery as a reserve driver....simply confirm you're available if needed, build a car per the "Car Build" link at the bottom of the first post, get some practice, and show up if an openingbis available. As for classing, I already have an idea where most of you stack up in pace based on our other series. This is great opportunity to give the series a try before we close out the current season which will then afford early sign up access for the start of next season in August before being opened to everyone. Also, in the event a Primary Driver retires from the series, that spot is solicited to the driver pool...so there is even the opportunity to get on the main roster. At this point you would be welcomed to render your own livery to the series requirements, or accept the pre-rendered team livery.

Please post here in this thread if you are interested in joining us, and note if you are available to race if need for this Fridays opening event on GT7. Hope to see some of you join us in this series as well.
Here is some video footage, compliments of @Noob01_lmdead /Rauljimenez76 , from our most recent test night.

@R1600Turbo
@rsrgse
@bloodyboyblue
@Valex
@IforceV8
@ruggermole
@Track_King47

Good morning Gents,
This is an open invitation to join our Reserve driver pool for coverage when primary drivers are not available. Openings are covered on a first come first to confirm available basis....basically if any of you are next to confirm, you could be on the grid. Pre-rendered team liveries are available for use as needed and will be provided, so no need to render a livery as a reserve driver....simply confirm you're available if needed, build a car per the "Car Build" link at the bottom of the first post, get some practice, and show up if an openingbis available. As for classing, I already have an idea where most of you stack up in pace based on our other series. This is great opportunity to give the series a try before we close out the current season which will then afford early sign up access for the start of next season in August before being opened to everyone. Also, in the event a Primary Driver retires from the series, that spot is solicited to the driver pool...so there is even the opportunity to get on the main roster. At this point you would be welcomed to render your own livery to the series requirements, or accept the pre-rendered team livery.

Please post here in this thread if you are interested in joining us, and note if you are available to race if need for this Fridays opening event on GT7. Hope to see some of you join us in this series as well.
Here is some video footage, compliments of @Noob01_lmdead /Rauljimenez76 , from our most recent test night.

yes! im avaliable if needed

yes! im avaliable if needed
We have a second absence for sure, so you are guaranteeda spot this Friday. Be sure to build your car exactly according to the build Sheet, then reference the List of Tunes Link for a few good options on this car to get in the pace. Once complete, if you wouldn't mind running some laps at Spa using the series lobby settings online to see where your pace is with this car. Your known pace is right on the edge for Platinum and Gold for this series based on the other series knowledge. Run the time trial on the Race Medium tires and send a screenshot like the ones sent for the Michelin series. I'll have a livery sent to you tonight. Glad to have you.

We have a second absence for sure, so you are guaranteeda spot this Friday. Be sure to build your car exactly according to the build Sheet, then reference the List of Tunes Link for a few good options on this car to get in the pace. Once complete, if you wouldn't mind running some laps at Spa using the series lobby settings online to see where your pace is with this car. Your known pace is right on the edge for Platinum and Gold for this series based on the other series knowledge. Run the time trial on the Race Medium tires and send a screenshot like the ones sent for the Michelin series. I'll have a livery sent to you tonight. Glad to have you.
thanks, do i run the time trial in the lobby or in Time Trial mode?

thanks, do i run the time trial in the lobby or in Time Trial mode?
Preferably in a lobby since we now know there is a variance in grip from one to the other...even if the wear and real options are selected in time trial. Appreciate it.

@Phlano099 pace is real, at least for qualy. I'm rooting for you, just keep it on track baby!

@Noob01_lmdead and @Yugofan are running high 18s for race pace if you want to be competitive.

I am not. More practice but I don't see bettering my low 19s. So I might not be competitive in race 1. But in race 2 I'm bringing my best Checo-Perez-Minister-of-Defense impersonation. Good luck getting by. Assuming I too can keep it on track. Weak imitation of Checo last night; a few sloppy bits but practice.

@Phlano099 pace is real, at least for qualy. I'm rooting for you, just keep it on track baby!

@Noob01_lmdead and @Yugofan are running high 18s for race pace if you want to be competitive.

I am not. More practice but I don't see bettering my low 19s. So I might not be competitive in race 1. But in race 2 I'm bringing my best Checo-Perez-Minister-of-Defense impersonation. Good luck getting by. Assuming I too can keep it on track. Weak imitation of Checo last night; a few sloppy bits but practice.

@fruitloop31 ran a 2:17.5 best I have seen so far, lobby was over an hour open and did seem to change the grip a little.

yes to being in the reserve pool
no to being available this Friday night as my plate is pretty full right now and wouldn't be able to practice

yes to being in the reserve pool
no to being available this Friday night as my plate is pretty full right now and wouldn't be able to practice
Sounds good sir. I'll have you on the Reserve list to be tagged in future season events. Glad to have you onboard.

Found this gearing ratio calculator for the 911.2 GT3 transmission...7 speed 9K RPM

Final gear = 3.970

View attachment 1146428
Where have I seen that graph before? Oh ya, that was my old tranny. At Spa I seem to get burned or spun if I use the first two gears set to default, so I cut it back to just 5 at Spa. 1st is just for getting off the line (but no longer with the start changes) and if you are getting 170+ MPH at the straight after Eau Rouge, then you are set up ok. I am trying to save time not having to over shift. But still looking for that extra 2-3 sec time savings that I have seen by a few others.

@llNovall hello, can u let me know if u have shared the livery i need to use?
And also, i wouldnt mind if i can get a nice spa setup for my car... since u guys have been preparing for this and im just now getting my car tuned and that stuff. If u dont want to i understand it im not forcing u to it

Edit: i know there is a link to some shared setups but those were for another track and spa is different to most circuits

Last edited:
@llNovall hello, can u let me know if u have shared the livery i need to use?
And also, i wouldnt mind if i can get a nice spa setup for my car... since u guys have been preparing for this and im just now getting my car tuned and that stuff. If u dont want to i understand it im not forcing u to it

Edit: i know there is a link to some shared setups but those were for another track and spa is different to most circuits
The tune I have shared in that link is my base tune...which currently is the same atm for Spa. I've tried a few changes, but this was the most confident and fast for me, so unless I find something groundbreaking that drops the lap times, this is the one I'm using. As for the livery, I'll share it after the time trial is recieved. You will be racing for the Flying Lizard team in the number 81 Reserve car, and will be teamed up with @Phlano099 .

Ice Warden announced his retirement from the series this morning, and the open NGT Motorsport spot was accepted by @Bologna_Duc since he was the only active reserve at that time.

You can use search tag: snailgt3supercup
to get access to the Platinum and Gold versions of the car to have ready as needed based on your time trial.

This a great read, found and shared by @Megabytesize that I thought I would share forward as well. Good stuff sir👍

Back