United States
Orange County, NY
GTP_GT916
Nii916
complexstring.jpg

Demo:

Final:

Last edited:
I love it when people show how hypocritical they can be... I remember talking with people that had Gran turismo 3 and they all agreed when it came to hating against this course and I can understand the hate. It is just a "complex string of sections", nothing else. It is like "the ultimate driving test" but it is not fun, just varied

It was the ultimate test of patience, and that's about all. I remember being light years behind my ghost, and eventually the same distance ahead.

who ever likes this has something wrong with them, it is boring, over repetitive, stupid and will only get you angry and sleepy. And as said before, it is just a test of patience. The only good bit is the loops, because they keep on getting bigger.

anyway, it seems there are only 157 'nostalgic GT3 players' out there.
and, no, I don't think it can be improved.

Edit: I don't understand the people that like it, it is boring, over repetitive and will only get you angry and sleepy. And as said before, it is just a test of patience. The only good bit is the loops, because they keep on getting bigger(variation)

Edit: I don't understand the people that like it, it is boring, over repetitive and will only get you angry and sleepy. And as said before, it is just a test of patience. The only good bit is the loops, because they keep on getting bigger(variation)
It's an excellent test of driver skill and intuition. Also, with the level of precision GT's physics have reached, it would also be an excellent reference point for suspension and brake tuning. I understand, the track is a bit boring, but given the time/weather/starmap treatment and some new scenery, (maybe not a ferris wheel though, we have enough of those) I think it would be a very welcome addition.

Last edited:
I love it when people show how hypocritical they can be... I remember talking with people that had Gran turismo 3 and they all agreed when it came to hating against this course and I can understand the hate. It is just a "complex string of sections", nothing else. It is like "the ultimate driving test" but it is not fun, just varied
This track would be awesome for Endruance racing, especially with some Gt cars.

I think it would be a good idea to include a few variations as well.
The Beginner String, a short easy test course, like the Beginner Course or Motorland suited to lower PP cars, like the Daihatsu Copen or the Suzuki Alto.
The Intermediate String, a medium length test course with more difficult corners, like Apricot Hill and Grand Valley, suited to medium PP cars, like the Chevrolet Camaro or the Ferrari California.
The Professional String, a longer, more difficult test course suited for JGTC/GT3/GT2/GT1/Touring Cars.
The Short Oval String, as the name implies, a counter clockwise short oval test track, suited for NASCAR.
The Intermediate Oval String, a counter clockwise 1 mile oval, suited for NASCAR.
The Long Oval String, a counter clockwise 2 1/2 mile oval, suited for NASCAR.
And lastly, the City String, a test track set in an urban environment, like Special Stage Routes 5 and 11.

-> ...
I think it would be a good idea to include a few variations as well.
The Beginner String, a short easy test course, like the Beginner Course or Motorland suited to lower PP cars, like the Daihatsu Copen or the Suzuki Alto.
The Intermediate String, a medium length test course with more difficult corners, like Apricot Hill and Grand Valley, suited to medium PP cars, like the Chevrolet Camaro or the Ferrari California.
The Professional String, a longer, more difficult test course suited for JGTC/GT3/GT2/GT1/Touring Cars.
The Short Oval String, as the name implies, a counter clockwise short oval test track, suited for NASCAR.
The Intermediate Oval String, a counter clockwise 1 mile oval, suited for NASCAR.
The Long Oval String, a counter clockwise 2 1/2 mile oval, suited for NASCAR.
And lastly, the City String, a test track set in an urban environment, like Special Stage Routes 5 and 11.
^ PD can have a bunch of fun making variations of CS. Unless that happens, I'm ok just bringing the whole track back first!

I always hated this track from GT3, hope it stays dead.
^ I do share the same sentiment as you are back then. But imagine an online match on this crazy track, this would change the outlook of this track like night and day! And also back then, most of the time we are alone playing our PS2. ;)

As a license test, free run only track it might be okay, but online features will not change my opinion about the track.

FS7
Every GT game has license tests yet PD doesn't bring back the best most complete track to practice driving skills, go figure.

well license tests are more for being able to handle hard/unpredictable circumstances rather than practicing simple, repeated corners. So, go figure.

Back