Concept Art Suggests That Forza Horizon 4 Is Heading to Hong Kong (But it Probably Isn't)

Most of the vehicles I recognize in the second artwork (Supra, Aventador, Veyron, Speciale etc.) seem pretty common for a racing game, but the Risi 430 GT2 is an odd one: It was last seen in FM4 and, as far as I know, it only appeared in the Forza franchise. Pretty cool if legit.

It's going to the UK. I'm almost certain of it. So much modern and classic (British Leyland) material, including the famous London Cab, in recent FM7 leaks. Hong Kong would be a good candidate, but my money is on Britain.

Well, one thing's for sure, we don't have much longer to wait until we finally find out. I do wonder how they'll out-hype the FH3 E3 trailer from 2 years ago, though.

I'm still hedging bets on UK, Japan or South Africa. Hoping it's the UK, especially Scotland.

Would concept art not be up earlier than last year as they (probably) wpuld have really started getting the ball rolling after 3 was released?

It seems to be some pretty legit concept art work, but for an idea that was considered back then and then dropped - if it was something Playground was still working on, I doubt Leading Light would have been allowed by whatever contract they may have had with them to freely publish the art on their own website. UK still is, by far, the most likely destination of the next Horizon game.

But I will literally **** bricks if FH4 will be set in Honk Kong, and I don't see it as an entirely implausible thing - provided that PG is willing and able to put an enormous amount of work in re-creating the claustrophobic urban environment of the city. They could easily have a vast and diverse but still "feasible" game environment, with Lion Rock that would serve as its northern-most point.

It seems to be some pretty legit concept art work, but for an idea that was considered back then and then dropped - if it was something Playground was still working on, I doubt Leading Light would have been allowed by whatever contract they may have had with them to freely publish the art on their own website. UK still is, by far, the most likely destination of the next Horizon game.

But I will literally **** bricks if FH4 will be set in Honk Kong, and I don't see it as an entirely implausible thing - provided that PG is willing and able to put an enormous amount of work in re-creating the claustrophobic urban environment of the city. They could easily have a vast and diverse but still "feasible" game environment, with Lion Rock that would serve as its northern-most point.

Agreed on the first paragraph. I, too, think the UK is the most likely destination.

As for Hong Kong, I'd appreciate it, definitely. But, with Hong Kong, there are concerns with regards to off-road, which is pretty big in Horizon. Hong Kong is very mountainous and, outside the beaten path, I don't see much space to maneuver off-road vehicles.

I don't really feel Hong Kong as somewhere Forza Horizon would go. Their games seem more focused on where the setting is, the cars are matched to suit the location. Colorado=American cars, South of France= French, Italian cars. Australia had more Holden/Ford cars. Hong Kong isn't huge on having their own marques and China marques are really only big in China.

To be honest Hong Kong is actually a good setting, with quite a nice urban landscape (with cities such as Kowloon and Tsim Sha Tsui ideal for street racing) and the fact that if they model the airport there it would be a fun place to race in, oh and not to mention there are also some mountain roads along the way...

Agreed on the first paragraph. I, too, think the UK is the most likely destination.

As for Hong Kong, I'd appreciate it, definitely. But, with Hong Kong, there are concerns with regards to off-road, which is pretty big in Horizon. Hong Kong is very mountainous and, outside the beaten path, I don't see much space to maneuver off-road vehicles.

Which is why I am inclined to believe Playground may have entertained the idea of a HK-based Horizon, commissioned some concept art to get a feel for it, but then considered that this would have been an undertaking way too massive and that it wouldn't have allowed them to fully develop certain aspects of the game (i.e. offroading and a "truly open space" experience), and thus dropped it.

However, it'd actually be quite cool to be wrong... :lol:

Darn, I thought E3 was June 2-4th for some reason... I was getting hyped we only had a week and a half to wait. :lol:

The vast difference in the location rumours has me even more excited for the reveal of the game to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FH2 and FH3's locations were leaked/heavily rumoured before their release, whereas this time around the rumours are Japan, the UK, potentially California, and I think I even saw one recently that suggested somewhere Scandinavian could be featured.

The fact that we don't seem to have any solid leaks or solid rumours (besides possibly the UK cars leaked) means that whatever the location is will be a pleasant surprise.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think FH2 and FH3's locations were leaked/heavily rumoured before their release,
I only remember people talking about Louisiana for FH2 (due to some artwork found online) and about Australia before FH3, because Fulton said it was one of possible locations they considered for FH2. They were right about the latter. All the rest was either made up or wishful thinking and I'm pretty sure that Japan, once again, will be one of the "rumoured" locations for the next Horizon (I doubt FH4 will be set there).

Back