concertsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Party for GT4
  • 13 comments
  • 933 views
Messages
642
If you had the ability to travel back in time to see one concert, what concert would it be?
 
a) The Big Day Out
b) Metallica (who also played at the BDO)
c) A Perfect Circle

All of which were on in the same few days during January...this year! Unfortunately, they were all 6 hours south and those bloody people known as parents wouldn't let me go down. :grumpy:
 
Originally posted by Shannon
c) A Perfect Circle

Im gonna see then in May. :D

Anyway, I wish I could have catched the T00L tour (I think it was promoting Lateralus.) Anyway, they came to Portland, and I was busy that night. :grumpy:
 
Oh, good question.

If I could go back in time and watch one concert, it would have to be Metallica's S&M performance. It was simply mind-blowing IMO, I loved the whole idea of combining a spectacular heavy metal band with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.
 
Pulse: Pink Floyd at Earls Court in 95 I think
 
Originally posted by xAkirax2004
Im gonna see then in May. :D

Anyway, I wish I could have catched the T00L tour (I think it was promoting Lateralus.) Anyway, they came to Portland, and I was busy that night. :grumpy:

HAHAHA, I'm going to see them in April........... I live in the State above you, Akirax................ They are going to be at the Tacoma Dome, April 4th............

As for the topic.....

Roger Waters - The Wall (Live in Berlin, just after the wall came down)
Tool - The tour where they performed Push it (off Salival), and No Quarter (also off Salival)......
Alice in Chains - Dirt tour
Janes Addiction - Nothings Shocking tour

I'll probably think of some more later.........


;)
 
there was one, a VERY long time ago (40's i think) in Toronto. All the best jazz musicians in north america gathered there to go live and to work together. Unfortunately, the concert was a flop in terms of attendance because just down the street was one of the biggest boxing matches of the decade.

I'd also like to see Van Halen live
 
Good Topic, I would go to September 2003 to see the performance of "War the the Warfield" by Slayer.
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
HAHAHA, I'm going to see them in April........... I live in the State above you, Akirax................ They are going to be at the Tacoma Dome, April 4th............

Naw, you're thinking of Portland, Oregon.

I Actually live outside of Portland, Maine.

See the diffrence? ;)
 
Originally posted by xAkirax2004
Naw, you're thinking of Portland, Oregon.

I Actually live outside of Portland, Maine.

See the diffrence? ;)

ooops....lol...

Wow, sorry about that. I obviously need to learn how to read............ lol.........

Anyway, I can't wait to see them live again. I saw them at Lollapalooza, and it only wet my appetite. I look forward to hearing more than 4 songs..... lol

I would have also liked to have seen Nick Drake play, before he died. Nick Drake played the song Pink Moon, which was featured in a VW comercial (for those of you who don't know).



;)
 
I'm going to see The Vines in May.:D
Some good suggestions about what concerts people would want to see. Personally a Clash concert would be mine.
 
Probably Woodstock '69, just to say I went. Other good ones:

Dave Matthews Band - Central Park concert. I'm seeing them in July at Hershey Park, PA.
Metallica - S/M - would have been great to see live.
The Lateralus Tool tour would have probably been cool too.
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Oh, good question.

If I could go back in time and watch one concert, it would have to be Metallica's S&M performance. It was simply mind-blowing IMO, I loved the whole idea of combining a spectacular heavy metal band with the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra.

yeah:tup: that would be amazing!!
 
I would've liked to see the Metallica S&M show, Van Halen around the time of "1984", the end of the Roth era, Led Zeppelin, and Tool. The thing is, a few years ago Tool actually played at this arena that's like, no more than 10 miles from my house. Although, I had noidea who Tool was then.
 
Back