Confessional

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 49 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I thought it might be fun to start a thread where you post "confessions" - things you've done, didn't do, or are generally a little embarrassed about while playing GTS.

I will start with this - since being here, I've seen loads of posts about how the Pro level Nostalgic Cup, LaSarthe is a 7 minute race for Cr 240k. That's 3 minutes 30 seconds per lap (but likely a bit longer for lap 1, and quicker for lap 2). Despite having a maxed out 330 P4, with a great tune found here, I believe my fastest ever lap around this circuit in this race, is about 3:36 - quick enough to win, but way off what most can do. A source of shame :embarrassed:. I have plenty more...:lol:

Any from you???

As its Sunday. As its early evening and I am not working tomorrow. As I have had a glass of wine ( OK - 2 glasses ) I want to confess to being involved in nefarious activities when I am playing GTS...

I feel the need to cleanse my soul and come clean to you all....

I hang my head in shame as I type this, I really do...

Blast and damnation - the wife is back from walking the dogs and I am supposed to be cooking minutes steaks....

I will - I will confess - Really I will...

Regards

Ian.

I have to confess that, once whilst running in a GT League event, after the second time shunted off by an AI car (the FT-1 that runs in the Amateur ?4WD? brands hatch race), when I caught up to it again, I shoved it right up the rear and off into the sand at Turn 1.

I beg for your forgiveness :embarrassed:

I'll do a lap of the Nord Tourist just so I can drive into the car park & park up. Then, I'll drive very slowly over to the ticket machines & stop, after which I'll look right & pretend that I'm putting my ticket in before driving off on another lap.

:embarrassed: :dopey: :lol:

VBR
I'll do a lap of the Nord Tourist just so I can drive into the car park & park up. Then, I'll drive very slowly over to the ticket machines & stop, after which I'll look right & pretend that I'm putting my ticket in before driving off on another lap.

:embarrassed: :dopey: :lol:

I do that in Assetto Corsa too lmaooo

the FT-1 that runs in the Amateur ?4WD? brands hatch race

It's FR Challenge + Race 4, 5 laps of Brands GP.

I actually quite enjoy that race. At N200 I usually end up nose to tail with the FT-1, whilst we pass the traffic, then the last lap tends to be pass him, and build a gap. Haven't run it in a while though so I don't know if the field would still be the same. Pays out 100k+ with CRB IIRC.

___

If I had something to confess it would be rubber banding at BMB for credits to buy a couple of the expensive cars.

I also rarely like a livery or decal even if I use it.

I also rarely like a livery or decal even if I use it.

You're going straight to "that other place" for not liking! (No, I don't mean Forza :lol:). I hope you at least repost them...!

Yes, it's the FR race. Haven't run either in a while, but the field was still the same last time around.

I actually quite enjoy that race. At N200 I usually end up nose to tail with the FT-1, whilst we pass the traffic, then the last lap tends to be pass him, and build a gap. Haven't run it in a while though so I don't know if the field would still be the same. Pays out 100k+ with CRB IIRC.

Wich car and tune do you use for the Brands Hatch race :-) ?

I do that in Assetto Corsa too lmaooo

Same here! I actually started doing it in AC first, but in GT Sport you have to do a lap before being able to drive through the toll booths. That said, I haven't tried turning the car around & going into the car park by driving the wrong way...

...goes off to fire up GT Sport!

:D

Last edited:
You're going straight to "that other place" for not liking! (No, I don't mean Forza :lol:). I hope you at least repost them...!

:eek: I can't breathe

Yeah...

Million drift points I'll work for, but liking a few things... ain't nobody got time fo that.

upload_2019-9-23_16-28-0.png

@klondike

Further to this...

SF-R Racing detuned to N200 (just), with softer tyres. Can't remember exactly, but with roughly that setup I've had some pretty close races.

... just ran the race again using an SF-R Racing with sports softs level 3 weight reduction and turned down to just class as N200 and I'd taken the FT-1 for the lead on lap 3, so maybe I'd never bothered with the sports softs before, it used to be much closer IIRC

Anyhow... paid 128,250 inc. 90% handicap and 50% CRB.

... 'scuse the lazy driving, it's getting late.

I confess that I usually try to avoid ICRT liveries like the plague.

And that I've occasionally retaliated against people who say "Nice livery bro liked+reposted come check out my gallery". I'm convinced that's how the ICRT guys rose to popularity in the first place...

I confess to faking accidents in sport mode. If I'm in a weak lobby on a combo I like (Super GT or SF) I will sometimes do an handbrake turn at the first corner to drop to last place just to see how far up I can finish.

I also confess to throwing away a win at Bathurst by trying to do donuts at the final corner. I told the winner that I spun on the curb.

I've taken out other players online for revenge after getting punted badly in some online races, mainly to teach them a lesson. :banghead:

And I've also taken out AI cars when they are deemed too slow or just bumped me off the track.

Early on in my Sport Mode career, I was waiting for a Daily Race A to begin and decided to watch some cat videos on my phone to pass the time. I took my gaming headphones off and minutes later, I noticed that my TV screen was flashing. I looked up and saw that I was disqualified for being idle.

Last edited:
I've been liking photos and liveries even if they are only OK just to get the paltry exp reward to help me get a little closer to Level 50.

I once bump drafted a car at Tokyo even though I could see they started to move out of my way to avoid the SR down. I needed that extra 3mph.

I couldn't care less what tracks are added but kept posting SPA! just to annoy people.

Thanks, it's a huge weight off.

I've taken out other players online for revenge after getting punted badly in some online races, mainly to teach them a lesson. :banghead:

And I've also taken out AI cars when they are deemed too slow or just bumped me off the track.
I once brake-checked somebody who sent me into turn 1 at Tsukuba
Dropped 1 whole SR Level but it was easily the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done

I once brake-checked somebody who sent me into turn 1 at Tsukuba
Dropped 1 whole SR Level but it was easily the most satisfying thing I’ve ever done
Reminds me of a guy running in P3 that took me out at Lap 1 in Le Mans... I eventually caught up to him and rammed him into the sand pit at Indianapolis.

Of course he raged quit immediately after that because he fell to the back of the pack. Not sure if I still have the replay but it was satisfying revenge back then lol.

As its Sunday. As its early evening and I am not working tomorrow. As I have had a glass of wine ( OK - 2 glasses ) I want to confess to being involved in nefarious activities when I am playing GTS...

I feel the need to cleanse my soul and come clean to you all....

I hang my head in shame as I type this, I really do...

Blast and damnation - the wife is back from walking the dogs and I am supposed to be cooking minutes steaks....

I will - I will confess - Really I will...

Regards

Ian.
Ian, take it you've finished the steaks. Time to fess up??

Back