Confessional

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 49 comments
I have come into the last lap of a Brands Hatch race with a 17 second lead and finished 2nd. I lost it at T1. That didn't lose me the race though; it was the 5 second penalty I got from crashing into the wall after crossing light-years of gravel. :indiff:

I will engage in frantic weaving on the main straight in Tokyo to avoid SR down from cars bump drafting me.

I have sent the same guy to the shadow realm twice in one lap in my early Sport Mode days.

Another thing I need to confess: I ended up doing 69 laps of Spa in another game after they announced the track being confirmed to come into the game eventually.

Thinking of doing it again if/when they eventually add it to the public version of GTS...

I sometimes do risky moves that can either ruin my race or somebody else's race.

Thats the beauty of racing.

I confess that I use the blinkers before moving out of the racing line sometimes to let faster drivers pass me.

I also use the hazard lights before going into a penalty zone if I have to serve a penalty.

For those of you that may have followed this little bit of wonderment.... The steaks have long gone, the phone is quiet and now please choose from the following options.

I confess the following:

1. My mum always wanted me to do well. I have done well, so I pick an expensive car and drive to and park up on a neat part of a circuit and have an imaginary conversation with my, long passed, mum. ( She screams as I race to said part of circuit )

2. I dress up like the Stig from Top Gear (BBC) and drive like a complete twonk in time trial events. Crossing the finish line in reverse gear makes me very very giddy and happy at the same time.

3. I am teaching my 2 border collies to be racing drivers! Its a long and difficult process. That said, I feel that there is progress - Zak now wags his tail when the chequered flag is seen. Jet loves the start lights and gravel traps.

Answers on a postcard to the address shown.......

Best regards.

Ian.

For those of you that may have followed this little bit of wonderment.... The steaks have long gone, the phone is quiet and now please choose from the following options.

I confess the following:

1. My mum always wanted me to do well. I have done well, so I pick an expensive car and drive to and park up on a neat part of a circuit and have an imaginary conversation with my, long passed, mum. ( She screams as I race to said part of circuit )

2. I dress up like the Stig from Top Gear (BBC) and drive like a complete twonk in time trial events. Crossing the finish line in reverse gear makes me very very giddy and happy at the same time.

3. I am teaching my 2 border collies to be racing drivers! Its a long and difficult process. That said, I feel that there is progress - Zak now wags his tail when the chequered flag is seen. Jet loves the start lights and gravel traps.

Answers on a postcard to the address shown.......

Best regards.

Ian.

:lol::lol:

Confessions from me:

1. I ram the rabbits if they test my patience.

2. I make lobby rooms that have Draconian settings, and revel at the sight of rage quitters who can't cope up with my room settings. I would set high tire wear, turn on the BoP, and even have high fuel consumption on Gr. 1 races.

3. I also revel at the sight of wallriders getting heavy penalties in Tokyo tracks.

I lost my temper in a daily race 2 days ago after being rear ended multiple times (I had to brake early so I didn't run into the racer in front of me) and put the person in the wall giving myself a 5 sec penalty and dropping my S rank to A. :banghead:

Second confession from me..... I enjoy going on to SSRX now and again for "time trial". Earns mileage points, can drive one-handed and drink beer, vape at the same time. Great for checking out cockpit views with zero stress :cheers: Just done a couple of laps.... hic! :lol:

Second confession from me..... I enjoy going on to SSRX now and again for "time trial". Earns mileage points, can drive one-handed and drink beer, vape at the same time. Great for checking out cockpit views with zero stress :cheers: Just done a couple of laps.... hic! :lol:
Perfect for grinding Daily Workout Mileage
Just buy a Tomahawk and do two laps
Even better, you can combine this with grinding for credits and do a 10 minute race against Tomahawks

If I can't get to the game by midnight, and miss a daily workout car, I'll set the clock on my console back a few hours and then knock it out with the Tomahawk on Route X.

I have obviously lost all creativity in my life. i need to take up art classes or do some haiku's :ill::ouch:

I once liked the idea that the “daily” races changed weekly, but now it’s part of the reason that I’m sick of them.

The structure of it all needs a refresh or something.

I thought it might be fun to start a thread where you post "confessions" - things you've done, didn't do, or are generally a little embarrassed about while playing GTS.

I will start with this - since being here, I've seen loads of posts about how the Pro level Nostalgic Cup, LaSarthe is a 7 minute race for Cr 240k. That's 3 minutes 30 seconds per lap (but likely a bit longer for lap 1, and quicker for lap 2). Despite having a maxed out 330 P4, with a great tune found here, I believe my fastest ever lap around this circuit in this race, is about 3:36 - quick enough to win, but way off what most can do. A source of shame :embarrassed:. I have plenty more...:lol:

Any from you???

I get bored and cut every corner possible.

I was in 3rd place at Interlagos and about to take 2nd when a neighbour visited. When he stepped into the room to say hello I lost the car and messed up the move so at the very top of my voice I told him to **** Off and get out (there were about 8 kids present too - his own daughter told him it was his fault for being so silly and disturbing a gamer).

I confess that for 6 months ago I was gonna try streaming on youtube. I took a glass of wine whit i tried to set it up correctly. I did manage to set it up correctly and I wanted to celebrate with another glass of while. I started the stream and while I was streaming I drank maybe 4 glasses of wine, it lasted for maybe one hour or more, than I decided to quit the stream and played along with friends privately. I off course drank every little drop of alcohol while doing this.

Anyhow, next day I went to my youtube page to check out my result from the day before............and I saw that I did NOT mange to quit the stream, I was streaming all the time, I was doing all kind of stuff, and i was pretty wasted at the end. So embarrassed. Deleted the stream immediately.

Last edited:
Back