Confused by the two Rufs performens and topspeed

Belgium
Gent Ghent Gand
svenvangent968
Where lies the difference in performens between those two cars because they have both the same HP (730 HP) , the same weight and the same top speed ?

Speaking of top speed ..... it should be 370 km/ph , the fastest top speed I can drive in 6 gear full red max torque is 320 km/ph .
The question is .. who stole those 50 km/ph of these two cars ?

It says the same in AC. I just have difficulty believing stats like that. I don't think it's got the horsepower for that speed.

Anyway, have you tried maxing the boost?

It says the same in AC. I just have difficulty believing stats like that. I don't think it's got the horsepower for that speed.

Anyway, have you tried maxing the boost?
Boost is at his maximum when I go full speed Tired Tyres
Just done a double check to see if it was possible to change the boost but that is not so it has a standard setting .
Another thing that made me curious while I was checking the boost affair conspiracy is that I saw two colours in the boost meter , one is orange and go al the way full , the second one is red and this one go's only half the parameter boost .
Och at the end of the road it is not a big deal ... fun car to drive any way .

Have you tried both version to see if they are the same? I just drove the RWD version in AC and it's definitely maxed out around 320 km/h.

According to Wikipedia, there are different gearing options to choose from on the RT12. The highest gearing option is capable of 365 km/h but standard gearing merely goes up to 350 km/h. I saw no mention of a lower gearing option but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, which could explain the performance we get in AC. All RT12's are custom built down to different engine, drivetrain, and suspension specifications. In short, performance varies greatly between RT12's depending on chosen specifications.

Have you tried both version to see if they are the same? I just drove the RWD version in AC and it's definitely maxed out around 320 km/h.

According to Wikipedia, there are different gearing options to choose from on the RT12. The highest gearing option is capable of 365 km/h but standard gearing merely goes up to 350 km/h. I saw no mention of a lower gearing option but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one, which could explain the performance we get in AC. All RT12's are custom built down to different engine, drivetrain, and suspension specifications. In short, performance varies greatly between RT12's depending on chosen specifications.
Yes drove them both each not passing the 320 .
Any way .... time to move on to the next car so much choice thanks .

Thumbs up to all console players. I haven't seen one person complain about the RUF RT 12 R! 👍 You wouldn't believe the drama when that car first came out (PC Players). :rolleyes: I don't drive the AWD RUF RT 12 R much, but I do enjoy the RWD version from time to time. A total beast of a machine... 👍

You wouldn't believe the drama when that car first came out (PC Players). :rolleyes:

What was the drama? I don't recall. I've never been much of a fan of either of the RT 12s, fast as the dickens but the brakes don't seem to be able to keep up.

What was the drama? I don't recall. I've never been much of a fan of either of the RT 12s, fast as the dickens but the brakes don't seem to be able to keep up.
:D You just said it... There was non-stop complaining that the car sucked because the brakes were crap. People were saying the car was messed up. Kunos did an awful job with it...you name it. People would post videos to "prove" there was something wrong with the brakes. Every single time it was just a matter of people braking way too late for all the speed they were carrying into corners. I'll admit, the car is deceptively fast. It's ridiculously powerful. What should people expect from a 720hp/690ft.lbs torque monster? Slowly, people would come back admitting "Yeah...I get on the brakes earlier and now I love this car!" In fairness, the car is insane. :lol:

:D You just said it... There was non-stop complaining that the car sucked because the brakes were crap. People were saying the car was messed up. Kunos did an awful job with it...you name it. People would post videos to "prove" there was something wrong with the brakes. Every single time it was just a matter of people braking way too late for all the speed they were carrying into corners. I'll admit, the car is deceptively fast. It's ridiculously powerful. What should people expect from a 720hp/690ft.lbs torque monster? Slowly, people would come back admitting "Yeah...I get on the brakes earlier and now I love this car!" In fairness, the car is insane. :lol:

Ah, glad I'm not the only one! I've never complained something was wrong with the car though, I just figured it had more power than the brakes can handle (which apparently is correct). It's deceiving because it basically has the power, handling, and looks of a race car but the brakes of a street car, so you end up driving it like a race car until you hit the binders and are quickly reminded it's not actually a race car (despite the scaffolding on the back). :P

Interesting, because this car was exactly my chosen one to drive a bit last night and I did notice straight away that it didn't have enough brake power for its HP. And that it is deceptively fast and will deceive you into carrying too much speed into the corners. But it never crossed my mind to blame Kunos for that. :boggled:

Conversely, I was surprised at how much traction it has and at how easily* it could be driven with TC OFF. 👍

* for a 730hp RWD car, of course.

Last edited:
I agree with you both, Brandon & 35mm. That RUF could definitely use a brake upgrade. I think there's something subdued about the engine sound too, so you don't really think you're doing 120mph - maybe 70mph tops - and then go plowing through the turn into a wall. But, with some adjusting of braking points - like a quarter-mile sooner than normal :lol: - she's a lot of fun. I rarely drive my RT 12R because as soon as I go into my RUF garage I see the Yellowbird and think "Yeah....Let's drive her instead!" :D

so you don't really think you're doing 120mph - maybe 70mph tops

I feel like that with almost every car in AC, very little difference in speed sensation between 70mph and 200mph (probably partially due to my close FOV). :indiff:

I feel like that with almost every car in AC, very little difference in speed sensation between 70mph and 200mph (probably partially due to my close FOV). :indiff:
What FoV do you run? It's different with triple's, isn't it? Is there any way to compare it to a single monitor?

I run 40 degrees on my 56" TV that's like 8 feet away from my eyes. I have the worst setup ever. :grumpy: I'm going to use it as my excuse for why I stink at driving fast.

I agree with you both, Brandon & 35mm. That RUF could definitely use a brake upgrade. I think there's something subdued about the engine sound too, so you don't really think you're doing 120mph - maybe 70mph tops - and then go plowing through the turn into a wall. But, with some adjusting of braking points - like a quarter-mile sooner than normal :lol: - she's a lot of fun. I rarely drive my RT 12R because as soon as I go into my RUF garage I see the Yellowbird and think "Yeah....Let's drive her instead!" :D

The RUF RT12 R already ran huge 15" front and 13.5" rear diameter ceramic disc ( ventilated + cross drilled ), with 8 piston front and 4 piston rear aluminum monoblock caliper augmented by BOSCH 8.0 ABS system, it's beaten recently by 2015 RUF RTR with 16.1" front and 15.4" rear ( at least on a RUF car )

Maybe replace the Michelin Pilot Sports Cup with stickier tire is better/simpler/cheaper way to shorten braking distance :lol: :P

Oh, for top speed, with shorter final, it tops at 217 Mph ( for vanilla RT12 with 650 HP, 6th gear ratio 0.75), there are 2 final drive options, the taller one allowed to reach 225 Mph ( what Ruf said, but RT12 R should be able to reach it with 750HP/709lb-ft / 1.3 Bar of boost )

Last edited:
What FoV do you run? It's different with triple's, isn't it? Is there any way to compare it to a single monitor?

Yeah, we don't get the proper FOV adjustment on triple screens (we have to use the triple screen app which deals in measurements) so I can't give you a value, but the mathematical FOV for my setup is around 35-36º I believe (monitor is basically right behind my wheel base). The triple screens really help with the sense of movement but when you're going 200mph down the Kimmel straight it doesn't really "feel" any different than doing half that speed. Here's what my FOV looks like for reference.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I run 40 degrees on my 56" TV that's like 8 feet away from my eyes. I have the worst setup ever. :grumpy: I'm going to use it as my excuse for why I stink at driving fast.
Why do you sit so far away?:lol: I run 40 with a 60" screen and I'm less than 4 feet away.

Why do you sit so far away?:lol: I run 40 with a 60" screen and I'm less than 4 feet away.
It's not by choice. I live with a friend due to financial issues that arose when I needed my liver transplant and I keep my TV mounted on my wall in my bedroom. I could technically drag the recliner I sit in closer, but I'd be pushing it back and forth all the time. I don't want to kill the carpet in this room. Anyway, my TV is wall mounted above my dresser with the bottom of the screen probably 4.5 feet from the floor. So if I did push my recliner closer I'd also have to be looking up. I can't imagine it would be very comfortable. :boggled: I refer to is as "the worst racing sim setup in the history of mankind". :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:

It's not by choice. I live with a friend due to financial issues that arose when I needed my liver transplant and I keep my TV mounted on my wall in my bedroom. I could technically drag the recliner I sit in closer, but I'd be pushing it back and forth all the time. I don't want to kill the carpet in this room. Anyway, my TV is wall mounted above my dresser with the bottom of the screen probably 4.5 feet from the floor. So if I did push my recliner closer I'd also have to be looking up. I can't imagine it would be very comfortable. :boggled: I refer to is as "the worst racing sim setup in the history of mankind". :banghead: :mad: :grumpy:
Ahh, makes sense now. Gives you something to look forward to. Imagine how much faster you'll be with a proper setup:sly:

Ahh, makes sense now. Gives you something to look forward to. Imagine how much faster you'll be with a proper setup:sly:
Haha! Yes...Exactly. If it weren't for this darn setup...I'd probably have all the hot lap records... yeah... that's the ticket! I just took a snapshot so you can all be jealous of my setup. You can just see the corner of my laptop to the right of me, balancing on the arm of my recliner and a chair. It's first class all the way, baby!! :lol:

0I1jtvl.jpg

Now why would anyone want Brandon's setup when they could have one just like this? :D :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Haha! Yes...Exactly. If it weren't for this darn setup...I'd probably have all the hot lap records... yeah... that's the ticket! I just took a snapshot so you can all be jealous of my setup. You can just see the corner of my laptop to the right of me, balancing on the arm of my recliner and a chair. It's first class all the way, baby!! :lol:

0I1jtvl.jpg

Now why would anyone want Brandon's setup when they could have one just like this? :D :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You know what, I love seeing all kinds of "rigs", from the super simple to the overly extravagant! For the first 10 years or so of my sim racing career I used a tv tray and braced it with my knees. Pretty much exactly like this except with a metal folding chair.

TV_Tray_Seat_mockup.jpg

I just love seeing the creative ways we all come up with to enjoy our hobby, sometimes the cleverness of a simple setup is just as awesome as a multi-thousand dollar motion rig setup, at least in my mind. I remember when I first bought a dedicated TV for the wheel setup I thought "have I gone off the deep-end with this??"....now look at me! :lol:

We do need to have a chat about getting the virtual wheel/hands off your screen though. :odd: :lol:

We do need to have a chat about getting the virtual wheel/hands off your screen though. :odd: :lol:

Haha...Ya know...I've often thought about doing that, but I'm so far away I don't even know if it'll make a difference. If my wheel was 12 inches in front of my screen I would 100% absolutely turn 'em both off. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a shot.

I can't believe that TV tray you used to use....

Except for the sad fact that I'm using the same one right now! :grumpy: :mad: :banghead:

lnlq1fh.jpg

Haha...Ya know...I've often thought about doing that, but I'm so far away I don't even know if it'll make a difference. If my wheel was 12 inches in front of my screen I would 100% absolutely turn 'em both off. Who knows, maybe I'll give it a shot.

Except for the sad fact that I'm using the same one right now! :grumpy: :mad: :banghead:

lnlq1fh.jpg
Id be setting my TV on that stool there and sliding it to me. :gtplanet:

Reference the RUF and stopping. Its not the brakes, its the tyres.

A cars ability to stop is (unless its running drums up front) almost always limited by the traction available at the tyres.

Bigger/better brakes can provide better feel, modulation and reduce fade, but they can never provide more stopping power than the tyres are able to manage.

As such as long as its able to lock the tyres (or trigger ABS) then the limit is the tyres not the brakes.

lnlq1fh.jpg

:D Yes!! Love it! I always thought it actually worked quite well, and when you're done you just fold the whole thing up with the wheel still attached and stash it in the closet. Way back in the day (late 90's probably) I had two of those setup with the OG Driving Force wheels and my buddies and I would spend hours doing split-screen multiplayer on NFS Hot Pursuit 2. :cool:

Back