Consecutive clean races? Why?

United States
United States
FluffaRaptor
I understand that the intent of consecutive clean races is to incentivize clean racing through a particularly difficult to achieve metric. However, I think a better metric for clean driving would be the total number of clean races.

Quick Disclaimer: Im DR. B and SR. S with over 130+ sport mode races and this post is not about making the the clean race achievement easier (which could just be adjusted for larger values anyways).

Now, what I have found is that even when prioritizing racing clean it's terribly difficult to get more than a few consecutive clean AND COMPETITIVE races. I really dont want to sit in the back and just get my consecutive clean races that way (boring and hurts your DR). I think the current way mostly measures how lucky you are and how clean your field is also which is a score weighting that indicates little about the driver themselves. I also understand that being a clean driver is dependent on how you deal with others around you, but that doesn't change how much others are still involved in this metric. I would actually be more curious to see how many total clean races I have had. Not only would this be a better metric for how clean of a driver you are but would maybe incentivize cleaner overall racing? I think a person with 2 consecutive clean and 100 total clean races is probably a cleaner racer than someone with 10 consecutive clean races and 50 clean races (assuming they have both completed the same number of sport mode races).

We dont need to get rid of the consecutively clean stat ( i mean it is still an interesting data point). Rather add the total clean races stat. What do you think?

All it takes is one small bump up your rear and there goes the clean race and nothing you could have done to avoid it. I'm sitting on 1 (yes, ONE clean race completed). Every/other race for me there's always an incident and 95% is down to the over zealous rating system (which is well documented) and very excitable competitors.

SRS is only marginally better than SRE /s

All it takes is one small bump up your rear and there goes the clean race and nothing you could have done to avoid it. I'm sitting on 1 (yes, ONE clean race completed). Every/other race for me there's always an incident and 95% is down to the over zealous rating system (which is well documented) and very excitable competitors.

SRS is only marginally better than SRE /s

I have 2 consecutive clean races but handfuls of clean races (20+?). I dont see the incentive to increase this though because to be competitive it would require pole positions all the time (or at least qualifying top 3). I have kinda resigned to just not completing the achievement or waiting until a future date when I dont mind killing my DR and just gaming it. Id rather not though.

I've had a streak of 7 three times now... last one was ruined Friday night after someone with lag appeared out of nowhere... oh, how I laughed.

If you just want it for the achievement, pick a very short race and potter around at the back.

I gave up on it early. The slightest contact and it's gone?

In theory, it's great idea but it's way too stringent to get. Especially online. In fact, I prefer it if someone hits me early and takes it off the table. One less thing to worry about.

Does it wipe the clean record if you get a time penalty too? IIRC i had a race where i made no contact with other cars but got a time penalty. the race ended with no clean race bonus

I've had a streak of 7 three times now... last one was ruined Friday night after someone with lag appeared out of nowhere... oh, how I laughed.

If you just want it for the achievement, pick a very short race and potter around at the back.

I dont want the acheivement that bad. lol already level 34 with maxed out mileage points so it doesn't do me any good anyways. Id just like to see a ticker after a clean race totaling the number of clean races ive had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it wipe the clean record if you get a time penalty too? IIRC i had a race where i made no contact with other cars but got a time penalty. the race ended with no clean race bonus

I've only had one penalty (in my first online race) so I'm not sure. I figure after the first contact, it's likely gone as you see the the lowered SR flag for that section. If I'm wrong, I've lost a lot of clean race bonuses as it's very rare I touch anyone else.

Does it wipe the clean record if you get a time penalty too?
Yes, any penalty means you didnt drive clean. Even leaving the track can already stop the clean driving (even though it would be the correct sportmanship action, and by that should be rewarded for such).

7 was a great effort from normal racing. Think the best I've managed is four, five was stopped when I was ran into at the very first corner of the next race.

Usually when there are no idiots racing it's me wrecking the streak though by being careless with track limits and getting a dumb 2 second penalty. :lol:

I've only had one penalty (in my first online race) so I'm not sure. I figure after the first contact, it's likely gone as you see the the lowered SR flag for that section. If I'm wrong, I've lost a lot of clean race bonuses as it's very rare I touch anyone else.

I never saw a orange SR marker which would be weird considering i was by myself on the track pretty much (pole position and major crash behind me but no contact and a green SR for me giving me a 5+ sec lead which i held for the race). I know that if you go off the track in a section then you wont get a green SR marker. Im thinking thats the issue. Clean race = all green sections

The idea actually isn't too bad - implementing clean racing somehow - however, an overall count of clean races had been better imo.
I've gamed these 15 consecutive ones ( 20 actually ) ... needed to have that 'big pink ring' :D ... staying at the back of the field.
I've done 130 races now and I'd say my overall clean count is about 90 -100. My consecutive count record when racing competitive is 11, I think, but that's been with some luck of course. Like @Shottah072 mentioned, starting in front is crucial, that's why I always spend some effort in qualifying ( learning the car / track combo ) 👍.

7 was a great effort from normal racing. Think the best I've managed is four, five was stopped when I was ran into at the very first corner of the next race.

Usually when there are no idiots racing it's me wrecking the streak though by being careless with track limits and getting a dumb 2 second penalty. :lol:

I only had one clean race out of 8 yesterday at grp4 Suzuka... mostly because I kept getting penalties for cutting Degner 1 :mad::banghead::lol:

The idea actually isn't too bad - implementing clean racing somehow - however, an overall count of clean races had been better imo.
I've gamed these 15 consecutive ones ( 20 actually ) ... needed to have that 'big pink ring' :D ... staying at the back of the field.
I've done 130 races now and I'd say my overall clean count is about 90 -100. My consecutive count record when racing competitive is 11, I think, but that's been with some luck of course. Like @Shottah072 mentioned, starting in front is crucial, that's why I always spend some effort in qualifying ( learning the car / track combo ) 👍.

yeah no doubt your Quali pos matter a bunch but at DR. B SR. S its tough. i have to put in an hour of quali to get near 1-2sec off the leaderboard which i do usually and that puts me top 8 in matching usually. But Id have to be a leaderboard contender to have consistently top 3 qualifications. If I take the time i might get top 3 for one or two races but if i do well then they tend to move me down the grid in the next race so at best i get 2-3 chances at a clean race before back to the midpack..

yeah no doubt your Quali pos matter a bunch but at DR. B SR. S its tough. i have to put in an hour of quali to get near 1-2sec off the leaderboard which i do usually and that puts me top 8 in matching usually. But Id have to be a leaderboard contender to have consistently top 3 qualifications. If I take the time i might get top 3 for one or two races but if i do well then they tend to move me down the grid in the next race so at best i get 2-3 chances at a clean race before back to the midpack..

I'm DRS/SRS, usually inside a second off the top qualifying time, and usually in the top 3 on the grid... and although I frequently get a run of 2 or 3, it's VERY difficult to get a long run of consecutive clean races if you're racing hard - a bit of accidental/racing contact is bound to happen every now and again when you run so close together.

I think "consecutive races with no DR penalties received" would be better already. Right now you pretty much have to find a race and a time band where you can qualify first and fly away, and farm that. I've seen some dirty drivers with the 15 consecutive clean races achieved solely because they drive about 800km a day in Daily races

It's pure logic ... the higher your DR the harder it gets to qualify up front, right.
This 'Cons. Clean Races'-achievement was the first thing I worked for - got it after 23 races :).
As for the quali, I try to get into 1 - 2 percent off of the top time. I can't do any better and yes, it takes some time, but that's been good enough for 99 poles up to now. I'm mid DR B SR S, but to be honest, I'm gaming my driver rating as well atm ( staying at the back for some races in between to maintain my DR ).

Last edited:
I think "consecutive races with no DR penalties received" would be better already. Right now you pretty much have to find a race and a time band where you can qualify first and fly away, and farm that. I've seen some dirty drivers with the 15 consecutive clean races achieved solely because they drive about 800km a day in Daily races

If I play at off times I get paired with unmatched a/s and s/s

I have not tried this but if would seem not qualifying, starting last and "cruising" in the back, letting people pass if getting lapped would help satisfy that. However, I would think doing that would really tank your rating.

PD should just tally up how many clean races you've got overall instead of the consecutive ones :P

I have not tried this but if would seem not qualifying, starting last and "cruising" in the back, letting people pass if getting lapped would help satisfy that. However, I would think doing that would really tank your rating.

PD should just tally up how many clean races you've got overall instead of the consecutive ones :P

Don't get lapped - you gotta finish in time !

I see this as impossible for me to achieve in normal racing. I'm at 2 out of 172 races. Got rammed last night in 5 out of 6 races plus all the other crap. I'll def need to do the starting from the back thing.

If someone who doesn't know any better comes into your profile and looks at that stat they could think you're a dirty driver.

Guys, if you want it, take it as a special challenge. Driving is boring to death ... but you really need to be aware. No mistakes : there's backmarkers battling, trolls, yellow flag rules, etc. etc. ... and finishing in time behind the slowest of them :D. I was done !

I see this as impossible for me to achieve in normal racing. I'm at 2 out of 172 races. Got rammed last night in 5 out of 6 races plus all the other crap. I'll def need to do the starting from the back thing.

If someone who doesn't know any better comes into your profile and looks at that stat they could think you're a dirty driver.
I would only do that if you really want the achievement and think its worth dropping your DR for though. Tbh i dont think anyone would think that. Even some of the best only have a couple of consecutive clean races under their belt.

Don't get lapped - you gotta finish in time !

hmm...I wasn't aware of that bit :lol:. I guess this one will be one piece of challenge unless of course, you qualify P1 and just leave everyone in the dust as to not get hit :sly:

I don't expect to ever get this. I managed 7 in a row, but haven't come close to even that in a while. I'd prefer it to just be a total number, but make that number much higher than 15. Like 50 or something. Way too much luck involved with getting this. Luck based achievements are garbage.

Back