Consecutive clean races? Why?

2 is a bit low :crazy:

Must be the saltire on the back of my cars. Here's me thinking everyone loves Scotland.

I think it will come easy once everyone stops smashing into me

No need to be a dick about it. Someone else just said that some of the best have also a low score, it's very hard and I still say impossible for me from my experiences so far. And I'm at A S so don't really have any hope that it'll get better. Maybe if more people like you were racing it would be all good.

Last edited:
I think this is the hardest achievement in the game, by definition it's a minimum of five hours of your time needed to attain it, at least with the current frequency of sport races. Depending on the event of the day I think it could add up to around 1.5-2.5 hours of continuous spotless racing. I'm pretty sure I only ever managed two or three consecutive clean races when fighting for the lead, it's just too hard to rely on other players not swapping paint with you.

What I started doing was not putting a qualifying time in and then staying behind the pack to guarantee no car-car contact. I'm not the only person to get this idea, as after a few attempts I started getting matched in races where 1-2 other players w/out qualifying times would off the throttle at the start and staying a consistent 5-10 seconds behind the stragglers, and didn't have bad racecraftt in the corners. All in all I've only managed something like 6-7 consecutive races since I've lost patience amd overshot some hairpins on Kyoto. I haven't had time to go at it again and at e moment I'm more interested in going through GT league, but my method definitely works.

People get too hung up on sr.

Light contact happens all the time in real life yet expect perfection from gamers when you dont even get it from professional drivers. So long as your not maliciously hit just get on with things and drive.

Its easy enough to increase your sr so why people get so irate over losing sr is beyond me.

People get too hung up on sr.

Light contact happens all the time in real life yet expect perfection from gamers when you dont even get it from professional drivers. So long as your not maliciously hit just get on with things and drive.

Its easy enough to increase your sr so why people get so irate over losing sr is beyond me.

Was just thinking about what real racing drivers in real life would have achieved this stat.

Hamiltons would have been messed up because of Vettel in Baku if they went by the PD system.

This thread isn't really about losing SR, it's about the consecutive clean race achievement.

I would only do that if you really want the achievement and think its worth dropping your DR for though. Tbh i dont think anyone would think that.

I do that, I don't care too much for my DR ( atm at least :boggled: ). Why ? See, I'll end up in a high B, maybe A rating and I'd be very pleased with that. I'll never compete for any top spots in any championship, but I always knew about my skills, my pace, my racecraft ... and I always tried to be honest to myself. So why should I care too much ? Because some guy thinks I'm slow ... not really :) !

@JacksHerer
Ah, you used italic font ... :cheers:

:D Yeh, it's actually me that's smashing into everyone else.

If awards were made easy to get, there would be no sense of accomplishment when you get awarded.

I wish those photo/livery likes done through the Gran Turismo website actually registered towards those likes awards. I'm not going to use my gaming time waiting for pictures to load.

Was just thinking about what real racing drivers in real life would have achieved this stat.

Hamiltons would have been messed up because of Vettel in Baku if they went by the PD system.

This thread isn't really about losing SR, it's about the consecutive clean race achievement.

Comparing single seater racing to what is essentially a tintop racing game isnt a great example.

Single seaters cannot afford to make contact.

In real life in touring car/gt type races light contact will happen in pretty much every race. That doesnt automatically mean it isnt a clean race.

The issue is GT Sport and iracing for example assign a system where a negative value is given if an impact occurs leading people to think it isnt a clean race when the reality is it still is so in my opinion people need to put some perspective on what a clean race is.

:D Yeh, it's actually me that's smashing into everyone else.

If awards were made easy to get, there would be no sense of accomplishment when you get awarded.

I wish those photo/livery likes done through the Gran Turismo website actually registered towards those likes awards. I'm not going to use my gaming time waiting for pictures to load.

Like is said in my OP, its not to make the achievement easier. We can just increase the number of clean races required (100 or something equivalent). I just dont like how currently it is used as a metric which IMO doesn't measure how clean you actually are.

The point of the achievement is to incentivize clean racing but if i game the system to get the achievement and then immediately go back to my old ways after i get 15 consecutives, how does this actually incentivize anything. Ideally,I would be much more inclined to drive cleanly (for100 races?) while staying competitive than to just hang back for 15 and then go back to racing. Also, the number wouldnt go away after one bad race, and I would treat each race as another opportunity to drive clean and "pad my stats" rather than in the current system where i give up hope before i have started.

The idea is that you will try to complete 100s of clean races attempting to get the award. I doubt PD created these awards thinking everyone would grind a system to tick them off.

Once you get your 50 or 100 clean races you still go back to your old ways?

The idea is that you will try to complete 100s of clean races attempting to get the award. I doubt PD created these awards thinking everyone would grind a system to tick them off.

Once you get your 50 or 100 clean races you still go back to your old ways?

I see what you are saying, however, I don't really find this metric useful as a measure of driver cleanliness, just a measure of how clean you are over a small period of time which is kinda pointless.

Let me put it this way, who would you rather race against:

Racer A: 100 race/ 20 clean/ 15 consec
Racer B: 100 race/ 50 clean/ 5 consec

All I want is the "X clean races" stat

I got the 15 consecutive races achievement. Personally, I think that trying to get this achievement shortened my lifespan by a good 5 years. I kept on having to start over after a collision when I was on clean race number 12, and another time on clean race number 14. Too stressful to try to be completely clean and be competitive.

Since the yellow flag penalties it's pretty much impossible to do while racing. I got the achievement before that by not qualifying and racing from the back. That still took several attempts with my streak broken at 12 and again at 10 and 8 due to getting caught behind slow players with crashed fast players impatiently trying to get back in it. For the final attempt I stayed clear of everyone for the last 6 races. DR is easily regained and really doesn't mean all that much at SR.S anyway. DR.D to DR.S rooms happen all the time when I'm playing. The only thing it seems to be good for (outside of prime time) is the starting order of non qualifiers.

I got one more clean race after, so 16 total, 17th I got hit. I think 5 or 6 is the most I've gotten 'naturally' by starting in the top. Eventually someone will hit you, or you have to leave the track to prevent contact or that yellow flag will get you. I guess with 15 consecutive pole positions it should be possible, on certain tracks.

My experience has been this: there are a lot of dirty drivers out there in all class and ranks of D & S ratings. Granted, I am a beginner with a lowly D/S rating, but I find it extremely irritating that people ran me from behind or side swipe me after a clean pass. Some people, even in the higher ranks, do not like getting passed by someone as low as me, and they let me know it by interfering with “my clean race”.
I’m very aware of this and it makes improving my standing much more difficult

Is that where you disappeared to in some of the F150 Raptor races yesterday?

I was thinking, "Where did you come from, where did you go, Rocket Joe?"

It's rhyming, great :lol: ... ( isn't that adapted from a song ? )
Yes, I stayed at the end of the field. Have to admit though, that I made a mistake in the first race ( cutting the chicane ) that gave me a 'remarkable' time penalty, so I stopped competing ( not necessarily a proof of racecraft, I know ).
I'm going for that Schuhmacher win trophy, that's why :D.

Edit :
Read the above posts ... know the song now :).

i don't think any of the achievment awards are a measure of a driver in isolation, yet when accompanied with the DR SR history graphs they are telling of a players mindset and/or ability.
I'm mid DR:A but only because I choose my battles like Sun Tzu. If I ran the fantasy tracks I would be back in mid DR:B.

If you really want that achievement before you're ready for it, you can get it through grinding.

Now a percentage of clean races achievement award would be good, if it was set at 80% and only appeared after 100 races.

Last edited:
It's too stringent a requirement.

The best I have so far is 3. There's been several races where I have been all by myself, no contact, no penalties, and somewhere something was triggered and I got no bonus. I don't know what I did to lose the clean race bonus.

On the upside, you can also get this in the online lobbies.

It's too stringent a requirement.

The best I have so far is 3. There's been several races where I have been all by myself, no contact, no penalties, and somewhere something was triggered and I got no bonus. I don't know what I did to lose the clean race bonus.

On the upside, you can also get this in the online lobbies.
Oh that's a shame it can be got from online lobbies, it means even less to have it. I've seen it come up a couple of times but just thought it was a bug.

i don't think any of the achievment awards are a measure of a driver in isolation, yet when accompanied with the DR SR history graphs they are telling of a players mindset and/or ability.
If you really want that achievement before you're ready for it, you can get it through grinding.

First, total clean races would not be a measure of a driver in isolation either, but a better measure.

Second, I am trying hard to get the point across that i dont care about the achievement. Overall they are fun to get but now that i dont need xp or mileage points i truly dont care about them. I just use them to monitor my stats in game and if one pops up as "achieved!" then GREAT! This is more about assessing myself as a clean driver and being able to tally total races against total clean races. You can keep the achievement at 15 consecutive if you like.

I'm mid DR:A but only because I choose my battles like Sun Tzu. If I ran the fantasy tracks I would be back in mid DR:B.

Now a percentage of clean races achievement award would be good, if it was set at 80% and only appeared after 100 races.

Jack ?, no ingame stats or achievements have ever been a really good measure imo for a drivers abilities, maybe for his tactical finesse, hard work, spent time or whatever. I'm not even interested in these history graphs, didn't have one single look ! If someone would track me there, I couldn't care less.
I'm still not very confident with my own GTS racing, especially with faster cars, but I'm gonna get there and I'm really looking forward to race you in a real ROCKET :). And it will be clean for sure !

I got the 15 consecutive races achievement. Personally, I think that trying to get this achievement shortened my lifespan by a good 5 years. I kept on having to start over after a collision when I was on clean race number 12, and another time on clean race number 14. Too stressful to try to be completely clean and be competitive.
Kudos for persisting with it. Seems like a nightmare task to aim for when somebody else can undo all your good work in an instant, without a second thought. I'm up to 4 and doubt that'll improve.

Getting 15 consecutive clean races in GT League would be hard enough; even if you only race wide tracks and maintain concentration enough to never run wide, there will be some nobhead AI who'll brake check you midway through an easy corner and put you back to zero!

:bowdown:Ah I see what you mean now. Yeh a total of clean races would be nice to see, and the only way the game could show us that is within the achievements page.

I get ya :D

I wonder if the stats guys can see the raw data to pull that stat?

@ROCKET JOE I'll send a psn request when I'm next on ps4

Last edited:
I'm going to aim to do it in open lobbies, I want the level 40 badge for my car, and I need a boost to get there without having to do offline mode.

Back