Consecutive clean races? Why?

Kudos for persisting with it. Seems like a nightmare task to aim for when somebody else can undo all your good work in an instant, without a second thought. I'm up to 4 and doubt that'll improve.

Getting 15 consecutive clean races in GT League would be hard enough; even if you only race wide tracks and maintain concentration enough to never run wide, there will be some nobhead AI who'll brake check you midway through an easy corner and put you back to zero!
Thanks! It's really hard, and knowing that unintentional bumps can happen, it's unneeded stress haha.

That or, which I think is the worst, try to perform an overtake on you and try to force it even when the attempt is guaranteed going to fail.

I got my achievement by only doing Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa. IIRC it was Daily Race B on that day. I kept a good amount of space between others throughout the race to minimize a chance of collision.

Counting clean races is a great idea. At least as an add-on to the algorhythm. Not being clean because you are hit from the back also needs to be improved. As we all have complained already. This should not be difficult at all in an update. But nevertheless your option should be implemented.

I was thinking about the clean race issue in GT Sport the other day.

What I think PD should implement is some meter on screen or a flash up that starts at +50% and decreases to 0% with every tap/corner cut.
e.g. slight tap = -1%, hard contact = -10% and corner cut = -15%.

I have not tried this but if would seem not qualifying, starting last and "cruising" in the back, letting people pass if getting lapped would help satisfy that. However, I would think doing that would really tank your rating.

PD should just tally up how many clean races you've got overall instead of the consecutive ones :P

This is what I did, but only managed one race, as I got bored. What I did was actually qualify but with a poor time and then do a clean race, passing some players that make mistakes. As long as you finish at least one position above you're starting one, should be fine.

The problem is that all players do this to get up higher ranked. So you get up higher and you still drive around with the same idiots. The idiots just level up. Its just human I guess trying to finish on higher levels instead of enjoying your own real pace.

I don't expect racing with reasonable racers in Sport mode anyway, where one offers room for a faster driver, brakes earlier to not pound your arse and other stuff.

I don't see how getting this is possible, especially when stuff like this happen. Can you say lag body slam. I forgot to save the replay to view from another angle.

the lag body slams are beginning to really frustrate me. Sometimes its so bad all i can do is try and hold my line and continue driving (to no avail) . On a night where i only have a couple hours for the game (1 hour quali, 1-2 hour racing) where i only get to do 4-5 sprints or 2-3 10 lappers it just drives me crazy! I hate getting slammed in the first few laps and having to race the rest of the laps with ample distance between me and the laggy onesto preserve my DR and SR (wasting 20min)

Ill post a video when i get home from work but there have been some CRAZY lag races ive had. Cars hovering on their front ends 2-3meters above the ground lol. Dont get me wrrong, the pirouettes are beautiful, but they cars quickly go from ballet to linebacker mode and thats no fun. 3/5 races last night in the GT-R Brands Hatch event were so bad i kept getting dropped from top 3 or 4 all the way to the back

Edit: I should note that my connection was fine all night, no problems on my end

Managed to score the first level ( 2 x consecutives ) last night, so I'm qualified for the next level ( 6 ) - I'll try following the same formula ( One Make, qualify with a poor time, back at the pack, slowly and carefully raise positions ). I'm running a DR-D and SR-S and I've noticed that people actually race a tad bit cleaner now - so that raises the chances for racing clean.

I think I have 5 and I don't care for the achievent anymore. As soon as I noticed that the game's account of a clean race is completely broken, I just do my races not caring for this stat.

Yesterday I drove 6x 10 lap races at lake maggiore. 6 poles, 6 FL and 6 wins. Didn't get close to any other car and still didn't get my achievement up to 6. Why? Because if you go a bit wide on a corner, (6 races x 17 corners = 102 corners) and get a 1 sec penalty, you're considered a dirty driver.

Also, if you're racing wheel to wheel with someone and you touch here and there with zero consequences, the game also considers it a dirty race.

Just stupid.

I think I have 5 and I don't care for the achievent anymore. As soon as I noticed that the game's account of a clean race is completely broken, I just do my races not caring for this stat.

Yesterday I drove 6x 10 lap races at lake maggiore. 6 poles, 6 FL and 6 wins. Didn't get close to any other car and still didn't get my achievement up to 6. Why? Because if you go a bit wide on a corner, (6 races x 17 corners = 102 corners) and get a 1 sec penalty, you're considered a dirty driver.

Also, if you're racing wheel to wheel with someone and you touch here and there with zero consequences, the game also considers it a dirty race.

Just stupid.

Can't argue with this either. Even going off and not getting a penalty it can still record it as a non clean race, yet once I bumped a car a few times (my fault but accidental and harmless) and still got a clean race because it didn't register the hits at all. Other times it spoils your clean race for much less contact.

I had a perfect race the other day. Never even touched the dirt. At no point did I come into contact with other cars. It was the cleanest possible race you could imagine and I didn't get the clean race bonus or point in the achievement list.

I don't mind it being hard, but when it's kind of broken I take issue.

It should be clear that there is no referee watching. So a computer must do a mans work. Which is not easy to create and implement. Like a car that drives by itself. The idea is great but you must learn from the situations you come a cross. So I cannot be angry at the system. I can only be angry that there is no clear point where the developers say: we hear your complaints. We are working on all the negative feedback in order to make the system more fair and work more properly and add some tweaks here and there. That is what we all want to happen.

For the same reason I find it strange that the “suggestions” sections of this forum is not where it should be. It is not in the GT sport section but there is only a general room for all games. A sticky with all the suggestions and request for changes would be much better I think. Thus I never know for sure if the developers are reading and making implementations based on what the users want.

I'm the same. I don't care that much about it either. I somehow got up to 9 a long time ago, then 7 or 8 (I think) last week. Otherwise, I can't remember getting over 4 or 5.

Do you seriously need to have 15 clean races in a row to get this achievement? I always thought it was the number of times you had two consecutive clean races... Then again I started to question it when by count stayed at 6 despite several instances where I had at least 2, and I think even 3 consecutive clean races as per the end of race star. If you really need 15 in a row, that's indeed absolutely ridiculous as there's so many elements involved beyond your control. Forcing you to spend 15 races puttering around at the back of the field, not racing at all but staying out of harms way, to get the achievement is ridiculous. Beyond that it's basically blind luck.

Do you seriously need to have 15 clean races in a row to get this achievement? I always thought it was the number of times you had two consecutive clean races... Then again I started to question it when by count stayed at 6 despite several instances where I had at least 2, and I think even 3 consecutive clean races as per the end of race star. If you really need 15 in a row, that's indeed absolutely ridiculous as there's so many elements involved beyond your control. Forcing you to spend 15 races puttering around at the back of the field, not racing at all but staying out of harms way, to get the achievement is ridiculous. Beyond that it's basically blind luck.

One day I was on fire with a Daily Race A, got 15 wins in a row and of that, got 11 consecutive clean races. So 15 is certainly possible, and I don't consider myself at "alien" level either.

But I'll admit, I did get to the 15 by being a backmarker on oval races. But I'm just a completionist - you don't "need" to get this achievement anyway, it's not significant.

To me this achievement has only value driving up front. So always having a goal. Got to 11 consecutive races before my meltdown. Now back to 4 again. But same, because its either 6 or 15.

To me more strange are the 50 fastest laps. No logic there. Fastest laps are almost always connected to poles and wins. So they should have been connected. Or less fast laps or extra bonus for 50 poles/wins.

Back