Console leaderboards per car - projectcalc.org

• Thread starter Maskmagog
  • 44 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Hi all,
I've been working on a solution to the very limited leaderboards we get on consoles. Feel free to test it, check it out at projectcalc.org. All you need is to run a small windows application, and turn on UDP v1 in the game. Then it will send any valid lap you do in timetrial to the server. Works for both Xbox and PS4 players.
The server fetches PC leaderboards too, so this is a leaderboard for all platforms.
D5qkdYTWAAANmB1

You can filter the leaderboards, and for example exclude wheel users, or custom settings, or records set before May 1 2018, or whatever you want.

There's also a Race Mode that you can have on a small display next to your monitor. This shows you chosen number of drivers just ahead of you, in current car-track combo. This autoupdates if you set a faster time, or change car/track.
D5qlaVhXsAA5mPk

All free, enjoy and please contact me if you have any feedback!

Hi all,
I've been working on a solution to the very limited leaderboards we get on consoles. Feel free to test it, check it out at projectcalc.org. All you need is to run a small windows application, and turn on UDP v1 in the game. Then it will send any valid lap you do in timetrial to the server. Works for both Xbox and PS4 players.
The server fetches PC leaderboards too, so this is a leaderboard for all platforms.
D5qkdYTWAAANmB1

You can filter the leaderboards, and for example exclude wheel users, or custom settings, or records set before May 1 2018, or whatever you want.

There's also a Race Mode that you can have on a small display next to your monitor. This shows you chosen number of drivers just ahead of you, in current car-track combo. This autoupdates if you set a faster time, or change car/track.
D5qlaVhXsAA5mPk

All free, enjoy and please contact me if you have any feedback!

It looks awesome! And I believe I have the UDP V1 set a long time ago... as I used it for a Group here on GPlanet that sets what is called the Stoopid Challenges"

See the Thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/time-trial-challenge.362262/

and links: https://www.facebook.com/StoopidChallenges/ http://www.stoopidchallenges.com/

they´ve got an excellent APP that has to be started previously to start "taking the times" called: PC LAP Updater!

when I enter my game tag on PS4... its simply says that there´s no Game tag like mine on the database... and nothing else is allowed...

Mirror_man that means that you are (not yet :)) in the database. I can only download PC leaderboards, console players need the little windows app PCalcUpdater.exe, found here: projectcalc.org/download.php, to upload their times. If you have basic Linux skills, it can be run on a Raspberry Pi too, always on, never miss a lap! :)

Download and run the program (allow network access), then start the game, and do valid laps in TT.

It works very similar to StoopidChallenges (excellent) app, but mine is simpler, at least for now. (Btw I'm a regular at StoopidChallenges, it's excellent fun!)

If anyone wants to add/change/develop this further, all help is welcome. Code is on github.
Actually, noone has tried it on PS4 yet, so I'm very curious if it works properly on PS4 too. If you have a chance to try it out, I'd be very grateful!

It will store laptimes for any car or track that you use, but in order to get the corresponding PC leaderboard added to the database, I must add it to my script, which is easy to do. So if you want any particular car or track added to the database, just let me know.

I'm not a programmer either, so this has been hard work :) but fun!

For me at least, this has brought back the joy in TT. I'm very interested to hear your, or anyone's, opinion and feedback. Feel free to DM or email me.

Nice idea, nicely done 👍

Constructive criticism time :) I just had a look for the times from the last few CRAP TT challenges, which should have both myself and @Outspacer listed from the PC leaderboard, and we're not there - for example we most recently ran the Porsche 911 RSR 2.8 at Brands GP - the PC leaderboard here has 51 times including ours, while if I put the same combo into your page there are only 47 entries listed.

Not sure why but you seem to be missing some more recently set times - it's also the same for the Merc 190E DTM/Silverstone Classic and McLaren F1 GTR/Sakitto GP combos. Ford Mustang RTR GT4/Oschersleben A is showing no times at all, but I guess that's a combo that isn't in your script?

Edit - actually it looks like you have our times for everything we've run before Sakitto, so it's just the times from the last few weeks that aren't showing.

Last edited:
Nice idea, nicely done 👍

Constructive criticism time :) I just had a look for the times from the last few CRAP TT challenges, which should have both myself and @Outspacer listed from the PC leaderboard, and we're not there - for example we most recently ran the Porsche 911 RSR 2.8 at Brands GP - the PC leaderboard here has 51 times including ours, while if I put the same combo into your page there are only 47 entries listed.

Not sure why but you seem to be missing some more recently set times - it's also the same for the Merc 190E DTM/Silverstone Classic and McLaren F1 GTR/Sakitto GP combos. Ford Mustang RTR GT4/Oschersleben A is showing no times at all, but I guess that's a combo that isn't in your script?

Edit - actually it looks like you have our times for everything we've run before Sakitto, so it's just the times from the last few weeks that aren't showing.
Thanks!
Last weeks there's been an issue with the automatic updates of PC leaderboards, will look into that. In the meantime you can force an update on any car-track combo by adding "&update=y" to the url (without the quotes).
I just updated the Brands/Porsche combo this way, and the Oschersleben A/Ford RTR GT4.

Thanks!
Last weeks there's been an issue with the automatic updates of PC leaderboards, will look into that. In the meantime you can force an update on any car-track combo by adding "&update=y" to the url (without the quotes).
I just updated the Brands/Porsche combo this way, and the Oschersleben A/Ford RTR GT4.

Cool 👍

If anyone wants to try this, please contact me with any feedback or questions you might have. It's still in development, so I really want to know what's working and what's not. Thanks!

I'm not fancy enough to keep a changelog :) But I fixed some track names that was a bit wrong in the UDP feed from the game.
Otherwise I think it works pretty well, but as I said, I'm very interested in some feedback/thoughts/ideas. I'm not really a programmer, but I'm willing to learn. Happy to share the source code if anyone wants.

I run it myself on a Raspberry Pi, wired, just as my X1X. When I run it on my crappy win laptop on wifi, I notice that it takes longer fr the program to pickup the gamertag and current car/track. I think that it's because of the crappy wifi card on my laptop.

Updated version: 0.5.5.24
Added private leagues.
Download at projectcalc.org/download.php

First, you must go to projectcalc.org/settings.php. Enter gamertag, set platform, controller, then you can either create or join a league.
Only laps done after this will register in the league.
On leaderboard page, click "Filters" and select league name, then Show leaderboard to show only that leagues lap times (for selected car - track of course).
Not fully tested, so please try it, and leave feedback!

Last edited:
New version: 0.5.6.20
More utf8 work and fixes. Hopefully everything works now with utf8. If you find any bugs, please let me know.

Download at projectcalc.org/download.php

Hi, Mask! :)

Since last windows 10 update came up... the software stoped working... when running it, this pops up:

upload_2019-9-4_12-48-51.png

And exits execution..

And if i try to install the corresponding version of Net framework... the instalation program says that my current instalation already has such version installed... so... pretty much.. this program has gone to the dogs for me.. :(

Hi Mirror_man! That's strange, I haven't seen that myself.
I would really appreciate if you would test the new version I'm working on. It has a graphical interface and a little dash section etc.
Download here: https://projectcalc.org/PCalcUpdater/ProjectCALC_0.6.0.4.zip

I'll also have a look at the old version, and see if I can replicate and fix it. Thanks for letting me know!

This windows update affected more of installed software that I have... not only yours!
Error is similar..but requesting different Net Framework versions..

This windows update affected more of installed software that I have... not only yours!
Error is similar..but requesting different Net Framework versions..
Hey, sorry, it seems there's a general issue with your Windows update. I'm not computer savvy enough to help with that, I haven't had any issues. Hopefully google can help you. Or maybe roll back to the previous version.

Hi, Mask! :)

Since last windows 10 update came up... the software stoped working... when running it, this pops up:

View attachment 848112

And exits execution..

And if i try to install the corresponding version of Net framework... the instalation program says that my current instalation already has such version installed... so... pretty much.. this program has gone to the dogs for me.. :(

The app requires .Net version 4.6.1, so give it a try installing exactly that:

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net461

Back