Time Trial Challenge

• Thread starter Stephen191
  • 212 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Friend has set up an app for time trials. Has been running privately amongst friends and racers from Pistonheads for a while now. Has released it into the wild now. A couple of leagues up and running. Is cross platform compatible now that PS4 and XBox can send data

https://www.facebook.com/StoopidChallenges/

You can avoid Facebook by going to

http://www.stoopidchallenges.com/

No uploading of times required as an app on the computer sends all the data. Can compare and analyse your lap against other drivers in great detail.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get set up and running into an issue. It seems my lap updater is not registering my laps. I hit the test button at the top and it says " Doesn't look like your windows installation has speech" Any ideas?

I saw you posted up some times. Pretty quick I see. I will point Mark towards this thread or you can post in the chat section of the web site

I saw you posted up some times. Pretty quick I see. I will point Mark towards this thread or you can post in the chat section of the web site

Thanks. I did have a couple invalid .6xx laps but that was enough for me. :sly:

I did post in the chat section.

I've been playing this for a while, the amount of data and telemetry available to compare your laptimes against others to find out where you are losing out is amazing...gears/rpm/speed/driving line/throttle/brake/coast...

Pretty cool stuff...highly recommended!

I've been playing this for a while, the amount of data and telemetry available to compare your laptimes against others to find out where you are losing out is amazing...gears/rpm/speed/driving line/throttle/brake/coast...

Pretty cool stuff...highly recommended!

Saw your lap at Silverstone. :eek:

Welcome to new joiners from GTPlanet :cheers:

Project Cars Updates have re-instated UDP feeds for consoles, so we're all back to normal :-)

Thanks for all the Facebook likes and posting on various message boards, we had a record amount of drivers since the switch to Project Cars 2, 20 drivers and we've gone global with our first non British-based drivers.

So Championship 6, Race 5, Born2BSlow got back to winning ways taking 1st place in the Real-Times, but the Real Time League is still Djbuzz07's to lose. Relegation wise, Ollerton57 and molineux1980 clawed a point back against simon P but still looking in deep trouble. Personal rivalry between them to get(?) bottom place continues :-)

In League 2, Doodlebug87 and Twistygit still looking fine for promotion despite a no-show from Doodlebug87 and a LOT of fast new drivers joining.

In the Handicapped championship, there's a win for molineux1980, Matt S continues to defy the laws of mathematics and keep the Championship lead but his handicap is now down to 1.06% from 2.72% at the start of the championship.

Untitled3.png

I think the handicap system is a bit flawed. Finishing 5th in the real time results seems to give a consistent top 3 handicap result.

I say keep it league 1 and 2 and maybe add a 3rd once we get enough people. I do really like moving up and down from one league to another based on results at the end of each season though.

I'll be looking forward to getting in my first full season when the next one starts!!
XoRVAMQUkB0kJ9le2
drive.gif

I think the handicap system is a bit flawed. Finishing 5th in the real time results seems to give a consistent top 3 handicap result.

I say keep it league 1 and 2 and maybe add a 3rd once we get enough people. I do really like moving up and down from one league to another based on results at the end of each season though.

I'll be looking forward to getting in my first full season when the next one starts!!
XoRVAMQUkB0kJ9le2
View attachment 681536

The handicap calculation recalculates every race and uses your previous form to bring the slightly slower guys closer to the fastest guys while trying to remove any extraneous results (eg if you just did a couple of laps and put in a bad time previously) with a slight bias towards the fastest drivers. It's to try and bring everyone closer together, and I think overall it works pretty well.

It's only a bit of fun to give us slower guys something else to aim for.

It takes at least 1 race for the handicap calculation to kick in for a new driver and gets more accurate the more races you take part in.

Still waiting to see how many people are racing at the end of this race before deciding whether to add a 3rd league, but just think it's fair to give people a heads-up that it may be coming so if they want to make the effort to stay in League 2 they can

Just seems a bit odd when you got your top 2 guys sitting 6th and 7th. I think it's skewed just a little too much. No big deal though. Just my opinion. I'll be focused on real time standings. 👍

More people should be doing this! Easily the best privately operated time trial system I've ever participated in.

Wiz
More people should be doing this! Easily the best privately operated time trial system I've ever participated in.

There's a rumour Mark even has a sense of humour, you know for an IT guy anyway...

Seriously though, we have a fun little group of like minded PC2 guys with busy lives who can't get online together to race so TT is the next best thing. We tend to do some pretty random combos that you wouldn't normally think about doing as well.

After trading blows all season with Born2BSlow, it's Djbuzz07 that comes out ahead to win his first Real-Time League title and thoroughly well deserved as he's regularly clocking in excess of 100 laps.
xjay1337 takes 3rd despite having missed a race.
The weird battle for wanting bottom place in League 1 ended in a dead heat between Ollerton57 and molineux1980 and they both get relegated.
Drama in League 2 where evans takes first place in the race, ties with Twistygit for the 2nd promotion slot and takes 2nd place by virtue of countback of race wins. In an unfortunate unforseen situation with Twistygit not making it in the top 10 for that final race, Twistygit also finds himself in the newly formed League 3, so manages to get pipped to promotion and effectively relegated at the same time.
Handicapped championship goes to Matt S with a dominant performance, that's the trick for the handicapped one, steady improvement.

To anyone interested in joining now would be a good time as a new season is starting, join up at https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/

Untitled.png

XXI
This is PC only correct?

No, we're multi-platform, PC/PS4/XBox. BUT there is a windows program that listens out for the UDP feed from the PC/console you're playing on and uploads the times to the website. So it is best if you do have a windows pc/laptop knocking around the house somewhere. It's pretty cool.

Ahh, I'm in the process of building a game tower but no PC here yet.
Currently on PS4, is it possible to use a smartphone for UDP like crewchief?

XXI
Ahh, I'm in the process of building a game tower but no PC here yet.
Currently on PS4, is it possible to use a smartphone for UDP like crewchief?

Unfortunately not, it's a windows program only, no IOS or Android, it's only a small program so a lot of people have it running on an old laptop that they've breathed life back into.

You can add times manually, but then people generally get sucked in to it and want the PCLapUpdater program and source a laptop from somewhere.

Unfortunately not, it's a windows program only, no IOS or Android, it's only a small program so a lot of people have it running on an old laptop that they've breathed life back into.

You can add times manually, but then people generally get sucked in to it and want the PCLapUpdater program and source a laptop from somewhere.

10/4 thank you.
My tower build is almost complete I'll get on board then.

Your response puzzles me as I run crewchief on my smartphone with UDP and PCARS 2. It seems it's very possible and runs perfectly. Maybe I've misunderstood something ???

Edit: I have misunderstood you weren't referring to Crewchief. My bad. That'll teach me to post when sick & tired. Sorry.

Your response puzzles me as I run crewchief on my smartphone with UDP and PCARS 2. It seems it's very possible and runs perfectly. Maybe I've misunderstood something ???

Edit: I have misunderstood you weren't referring to Crewchief. My bad. That'll teach me to post when sick & tired. Sorry.

Yes, it's just my bit of software that is windows only

A very good turnout for Race 1 of the new championship with 24 drivers taking part and 1344 laps completed.

Born2BSlow returns to winning ways to take the lead in League 1 with the defending champion Djbuzz07 only able to take 3rd. Relegation slots occupied by no-shows Doodlebug87 and Tronneh.
League 2 dominated by the American contingent Wiz and zr1chris, with no-shows Elodyr,Laiders and Slowbloke taking up the relegation slots.
League 3 promotion slots held by Shoemacher and Twistygit.

The chaos that is the handicapped championship is led by our only Russian, native

On to Ruapuna and that mental Nissan, this could be a long week

Untitled.png

Race 2 at Ruapuna Park in the godawful Nissan KDR30. Record number of drivers again as 26 drivers took part. Djbuzz07 takes the win with Born2BSlow and xjay1337 following him in, keeping up their top 3 dominance.

League 1. Born2BSlow just edging the league title with Doodlebug87 and Tronneh facing the drop due to no-shows.
League 2. zr1chris and Wiz in the promotion slots with Elodyr, Laiders and SlowBloke no-shows, if they continue to no-show it'll be Elodyr and SlowBloke who go down by virtue of Laiders doing the best in the previous championship.
League 3. Shoemacher and Twistygit in the promotion positions but new joiners Leachy and Marcel Spuehler looking strong.

In the handicapped championship, it's Born2BSlow followed by Djbuzz07 and zr1chris. Might have to tweak the calculation as that's still looking like the fastest drivers without any of us slower drivers getting a look in.

Reminder, mid-season promotion/demotion at the end of Race 3.

Untitled.png

Back