Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge! Completed! Thanks All!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 1,912 comments
  • 77,566 views
PSN seems to be under maintenance, I can't sign in.
 
PSN seems to be under maintenance, I can't sign in.

🤬 So, I wasn't the only person having troubles?

UPDATE: Seth got online. Therefore, room's up.

Room number in a second:

1472-4711-0832-0870-4429


This, I believe, is the first points race. People, you had better show up, if you want points!!
 
Ill probably be ready in about 30 to 45 minutes
 
Ill probably be ready in about 30 to 45 minutes

You have 30 minutes, before the race starts. We'll wait, around 30 minutes, if you can come by then. :)
 
Dced cause Jakes connection is horrible and would start loading when I joined which booted me out... (It's common knowledge that the person causing it needs to leave the room and come back :rolleyes:)

Edit: Might quit as these races are horribly structured, I know this isn't for Points etc but no one Qed cause we were behind time and Mel said quali is over when no one even did many if any laps.. (I did one before I left to change oil then none after rejoining) Then I dc due to Jake and rejoin to see the race allready starting... (Jamp in but Dced later due to Jake again since he decided to ignore me saying he was loading, on my screen, and leave the room)

Either Mel is incredibly impatient or didn't care I dc'ed but oh well, I guess I'm too used to PURE and am highly critical of how series should be run... :indiff:

Most annoyingly for me I wasted my night when I had other offers on the table :sick:.
 
Last edited:
Either Mel is incredibly impatient or didn't care I dc'ed but oh well, I guess I'm too used to PURE and am highly critical of how series should be run... :indiff:

I'm impatient. The matter is, that this series runs alongside the ALMS series, to the point that today's race ended 2 minutes BEFORE the ALMS qualifying started. :scared: I'm really sorry. We waited as long as we could, and I had to shorten the race. :(


The fact is, though, that no one comes on Fridays, and, if they do, and there's ANY problems, people have to leave to attend the ALMS. :grumpy: Fridays don't work.


As a result, I'm calling for a full re-scheduling of this series, as, by interest, there just isn't enough. It's the same for VLN. We had 6 cars in the race, at the beginning, but Paul d/c'd, and Jake got p'd off (because he wasn't on the pace of Seth and me) and left.


However, the specs were just about perfect, between the Subaru and the Aston Martin. I don't know about the BMW drivers, because they weren't on pace, and I don't know about ST, because only one ST driver was still driving at the end; ELMARCTUFF (good win, btw! Good clean race, didn't cause crashes, gave me room to pass... is good guy) but, the Subaru and Aston were battling from flag to flag.



I was an idiot in turn 1, in my first stint, and lost 2 seconds to Seth, lost draft, and was only able to stay; not gain time, not lose time. Then, come pits, the Daytona pit-stop problem (it gives you like 0.00005 of a second to hit "OK") caused me to lose even more time. That put me back to 8 seconds behind. :( I was barely able to keep it there, until the Subaru's tyres died, and I dropped it down to seven seconds.



All in all, it was a fun race for the top two, and the series is working out well, but, the schedule means that no one comes. :sick::indiff: That's the problem. There were only like 4 people playing GT5 on my entire friend's list, of 100 GT5 players.
 
Even though he had one car in his class the win counts?
 
Even though he had one car in his class the win counts?

It's not yet for points, James. Polar posted that in the Rolex series. I asked him "Is this the first race for points?"


Polar said "Not with that car count, no."


Therefore, yes, your driver did win, purely as a result of Mac's d/c, possibly, but he will not get points for winning, unless Polar is decently pleased with the four cars at the finish turn-out.
 
MrMelancholy15
It's not yet for points, James. Polar posted that in the Rolex series. I asked him "Is this the first race for points?"

Polar said "Not with that car count, no."

Therefore, yes, your driver did win, purely as a result of Mac's d/c, possibly, but he will not get points for winning, unless Polar is decently pleased with the four cars at the finish turn-out.

No I knew it wasn't for points. I was asking so I could update my Sig later.
 
Thank you mr.m best win I have ever gotten I mean it was so tight
 
Thank you mr.m best win I have ever gotten I mean it was so tight

+1. I saw how close that was, and it got my heart racing! :lol:


Seriously, though, you did a good job. I noticed that you knew that I was passing you (in my first GTP race ever, in the faster of two classes) and gave me plenty of room. That, alone, is worth praise. :) 👍 Well, the fact that you stuck with it, didn't drive backwards, and even showed up at all, tells me that you're a pretty good guy.
 
MrMelancholy15
:lol: 👍 You have a thick head, you know that?

Ya I know. :lol:
 
They were everywhere man I swear. It was so intense I ate a burrito in the middle of it
 
Turn 1 was a chore. You had to pre-brake for the turn, then slightly brake or else the car wanted to come around. Hard to modulate the brakes with the DS3, but I managed most the race. That's one of the reasons you closed up, then fell back, Mel. Jake spun there too, he quit because he was thinking ALMS was starting.
 
Turn 1 was a chore. You had to pre-brake for the turn, then slightly brake or else the car wanted to come around. Hard to modulate the brakes with the DS3, but I managed most the race. That's one of the reasons you closed up, then fell back, Mel. Jake spun there too, he quit because he was thinking ALMS was starting.

No, I'm not blaming him. I'm just giving a "play-by-play" summary of the race. All in all, I did well, and will gladly feel proud of the second place in the Aston. The Aston, no matter what you say, is worse in braking in Turn 1. I'm ashamed, that I made like four mistakes there, in the race. Never completely spun, but I did tap that wall, (I didn't consider it TOO bad, since there's not ACTUALLY a wall there...)
 
What were the results for yesterdays race? How many of my drivers showed up?
 
Last edited:
I wanna thank all of my drivers for such a great weekend of racing counldn't ask for anything better than two poles two wins and a 1-2 race I knew I made the right choice when selecting all of you hope to see all of my drivers continue with the luck we have had the past two weeks in a row now.
 
I got a win for you boss
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone

Did you guys race at friday? If yes, sorry not been there :(

And 1 Question, My timezone is GMT +0 so i don´t know what time is the race in my timezone?

Cheers People :cheers:
 
F_Filipe
Hi everyone

Did you guys race at friday? If yes, sorry not been there :(

And 1 Question, My timezone is GMT +0 so i don´t know what time is the race in my timezone?

Cheers People :cheers:

It's about midnight your time.
 
Can we get a updated list of drivers

1.Tower Turn 13
2.F_flipe
3.ELmarcotuff
 
1.Tower Turn 13 (class?)
2. F_flipe (class?)
3. ELmarcotuff (class?)
4. freshseth83 (GS)
 
1.) Tower_Turn_13
2.) F_filpe
3.) ELmarcotuff
4.) FreshSeth83-GS-Subaru WRX
5.) cnd01-GS-Dodge Challenger SRT8
 
Back