Convertibles in GT6

Vatican City
London
Clear-sword
Can we please have more convertable super cars ect ect

And if possible can we have the actual animation of it folding up and closing in for example free run :sly:

You mean like this?

2012_SLS_AMG_Roadster_29.jpg

Then yes please! :D

Well not saying I'm against it,ok yes I am. Only because I don't like convertibles in real life. I think convertible super cars are for vanity in real life.

Although I do agree about having an option to have them up or down would be cool. Maybe a drag limited top speed with the top down would be a nice realistic addition also.

Last edited:
More open convertibles, running in GT would be great.

I absolutely love the feeling of the Caterham with a triple screen setup - it just feels so much more immersive!

Please, add some more interesting driving machines, like a Ariel Atom, or Morgan Three-wheeler!
Some classic open racing cars like Le Mans prototypes would be nice as well.
The sounds have to be fixed though - currently driving open cars in GT5 sounds not at all like really driving an open car at high speeds.

Well not saying I'm against it,ok yes I am. Olny because I don't like convertibles in real life.

Wouldn't it to have a different sound in the driver seat like the wind and the loudness of the exhaust and the engine.

IMO it would be breath taking

tumblr_m036p6lsf61qhlme0o1_500.jpg

Of course, they need to have convertibles, similar to GT4. This feature is needed in GT6 to be more competitive. Giving the user more options on the car is more flexible.

The convertibles can be in other everyday cars...

2011_Volkswagen-Eos-Convertible.jpg

EP81Lv39.jpg

I would love to see the new BMW M6 convertible...

2013-bmw-m6-convertible-103.jpg

Considering that, going forward, all cars will have interiors modelled, and the driver in them, I'm not sure why PD doesn't at least give us the option to drive with the top down, a la GT4, in GT5. I can only see my Miata's top down in Photo Travel? That means all the modelling work is already done!

There's no (logical) reason we shouldn't see the option return, IMO.

I'd like to see a top-up / top-down option in the "driver settings" (I forget the exact word for it, but it's where you change your MT/AT, tire and driver aid choices) options before driving.

As for more cabriolets, I wouldn't push for it. I'd rather have different 6 different coupes than 3 coupe and their 3 cabriolet counterparts.

Considering that, going forward, all cars will have interiors modelled, and the driver in them, I'm not sure why PD doesn't at least give us the option to drive with the top down, a la GT4, in GT5. I can only see my Miata's top down in Photo Travel? That means all the modelling work is already done!

I'd imagine because the more hardcore racers would complain that there is no aerodynamic differences between driving with the top up and top down.

I have some car mods for GTA IV (yeah laugh at it but if you play that game on PC with ENB/ICEnhacer mods then we can talk about how car looks...lol) and you can do whatever you want with them.

I have the Aventador Cabrio or Spider (don´t know if it exists but it is in the mod and looks fantastic) , Gallardo Spider, Ferrari 458 Italia Spider, SLS and more...and i can close the roof or open it at my wish.
Just using other tool that it is called "Trainer". You can spawn cars and open all doors, change colour on the fly...etc. Amazing. And cool story bro! to myself! lol

Yeah i want to see more cabrio´s too.

That would be great! The cars would also have to have less PP seeing as they are heavier and less rigid. But I'm happy enough with just the option of having it up and down 👍

Open tops increase drag, so they would (or should) be slower in races.

I agree that the option for photo mode would be good.

Was this briefly explored in GT5 with the Ferrari California?

No Wing = Top Down
Add Wing = Top Up

I think more can be achieved if they added an option in the parts shop for a switch that can only be used while at a standstill for all convertibles with an automated top only.

Kinda like TDU2, then. Roof down/up and windows down whenever we want. And why not something like this: Music only plays in cars with radio/speakers, so if you're driving a race car, no music.

I want the ability to run with convertible tops down. It's depressing seeing the S2000 '06 in the dealership with the roof down and then I can't run it with the roof down anywhere :grumpy:

Off-topic; McSoap, why so serious???

gt5 is not a sim and it isn't made with racing in mind, so no. They simply don't "play" gt5 for long periods of time.

gt5 is not a sim and it isn't made with racing in mind, so no. They simply don't "play" gt5 for long periods of time.
That's good to know. People still use it for serious racing, so how would they feel when they do "play" GT5? You're really not doing a good job.

I could race seriously in mario kart but that doesn't make it a simulator
Thanks for that. You pretty much proved my point that you're not being serious about this. I'm not sure if I mentioned that, but I don't care to look back if I did.

You know GT5 is simply not suitable for serious clean racing and that it isn't a simulator, that's why I posted that hyperbole. Apples and oranges, not even the same genre.
That's why no one will complain about convertibles having the top down: no "sim racer" plays gt5 (unless to win gt academy)

It's pointless to discuss this since it's obvious (and painful really) when comparing lets say iracing with gt5, including manual pit stops, flags, sanctions, damage, rankings, physics, tracks, cars, etc.

Last edited:

It's not just the Miata, pretty much every premium convertible you can buy has the roof down in the dealership, but when you drive it the roof is always up. But pretty logical to say that the modelling is done since the cars have a state were the roof is modelled down, and a state where the roof is modelled up.

And if possible can we have the actual animation of it folding up and closing in for example free run :sly:
That would only work with convertibles that have a motorized roof, and while the car is travelling under a certain speed, just like in real life. For the cars where the roof isn't motorized, then that's not going to be possible, unless if you want PD to model the car getting out of the car and putting the roof down himself, which is very unlikely.

I personally hate convertibles. They offer no advantage whatsoever. In the contraire, they are heavier, more expensive and less rigid. And in a videogame it doesn't even matter since you can't "feel the wind" in your hair.

However, I don't mind if the car was originally designed as a convertible.

What I would like to see in GT6 is the option to choose between opened and closed top. I hate seeing the California with its top down; it looks so ugly. And the only option to see it closed is putting a ugly-arse tuner wing.

Back