Convertibles in GT6

I personally hate convertibles. They offer no advantage whatsoever. In the contraire, they are heavier, more expensive and less rigid. And in a videogame it doesn't even matter since you can't "feel the wind" in your hair.

However, I don't mind if the car was originally designed as a convertible.

What I would like to see in GT6 is the option to choose between opened and closed top. I hate seeing the California with its top down; it looks so ugly. And the only option to see it closed is putting a ugly-arse tuner wing.

In real life, people like convertibles because you can feel the wind in your face and it generally gives a good feeling of freedom instead of being trapped inside a cockpit. In GT5, people like convertibles with the top down because it gives better lighting in the cockpit view, and you can see everything better. If I'm honest, I think that PD made the shadows inside the car much too dark because most of the time it's not that dark sitting inside a closed cockpit car in real life.

images
:drool:

To be honest, I've never really cared much about convertibles and roadsters. I'm just not as excited about them as a lot of other people are. What I would recommend is the ability to either let the top up or down prior to a race. The long shot would be to have some sort of modification to where if we want the top removed permanently, that we have some sort of roll cage for a convertible car for extra stability while racing. I think about the Production cars in SCCA racing (like the SCCA's Production classes, like E-Production for example) thinking about convertible cars and racing.

Other than that, I'm just not really as excited racing convertibles or roadsters all that much.

I personally hate convertibles. They offer no advantage whatsoever. In the contraire, they are heavier, more expensive and less rigid. And in a videogame it doesn't even matter since you can't "feel the wind" in your hair.

However, I don't mind if the car was originally designed as a convertible.

What I would like to see in GT6 is the option to choose between opened and closed top. I hate seeing the California with its top down; it looks so ugly. And the only option to see it closed is putting a ugly-arse tuner wing.
Convertibles in a GT game is more for the Photo Mode people and the people who like the action of driving in a video game. Like with the Free-Roam idea, there are a lot of rooms online that are created for cruising so I'm sure those people would like more convertibles, or they'll appreciate the option to have the car's top open/closed or down/up.

I completely agree about the California. It looks a whole lot better with the top up.

I personally hate convertibles. They offer no advantage whatsoever.
Hence, why I said this. \/\/\/

another_jakhole
I'd love the option to choose. Kaz mentioned that he wanted this sometime during the development of GT4.

all convertibles should be running with their top down by default
The sim racers would complain, no?

You know GT5 is simply not suitable for serious clean racing and that it isn't a simulator, that's why I posted that hyperbole. Apples and oranges, not even the same genre.
That's why no one will complain about convertibles having the top down: no "sim racer" plays gt5 (unless to win gt academy)

It's pointless to discuss this since it's obvious (and painful really) when comparing lets say iracing with gt5, including manual pit stops, flags, sanctions, damage, rankings, physics, tracks, cars, etc.

1st: GT5 is very suitable for clean racing, ask the people in those many racing leagues and clubs. You can even find alot of good lobbies online, where you get some very competitive and clean racing.

2nd: GT5 is a simlike game, its not as much a sim as Race was but it features some decent physics. GT5 is the same genre, since it is clearly more like a sim then it is like Ridge Racer.

3rd: I know many simracers that play GT5 aswell. Some PC simracers might sound like Nazis when they talk about consoles but they are not the majority. Most of them apriciate GT5 for its plethora of cars and the decent Physics (just like many of them Play Forza aswell). Its simply wrong to say simracers do not play GT5.

I personally hope you can at least choose wether to drive with top down or closed. If there is no choice, i prefer top closed.

It'd be cool to change it whenever you want it, even if it required you to pause the game and access something like quick options. I can imagine it'd be an enormous hassle to model it if it's a soft top though, polygons are not flexible :lol:.

It might also have to be done automatically when it starts to rain.

Back