Cool, Awesome & Amazing Custom/One-off/Prototype Cars

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 684 comments
Has he done any Mazdas?
Quick google search came up with this Mazda Le Mans concept from 1983.
1983_Colani_Mazda_Prototype_01.jpg

As far as special custom's go, Zagato is without a shadow of a doubt my favourite coach builder of them all. They've produced some awesome one-off's, and seem to be a dab hand at making special Aston Martin's

One of my personal favourite Aston Martin one-off's is the DB9 Zagato Cenntennial :drool:, which I'd say I prefer over the standard DB9

aston martin db9 zagato coupe.jpg

aston martin db9 zagato coupe 2.jpg

Or maybe the Spyder version takes your fancy:
aston martin db9 zagato spyder.jpg
aston martin db9 zagato spyder 2.jpg

On the topic of GM concepts, how about Oldsmobile's Golden Rocket of 1956?

1956-Oldsmobile-Golden-Concept-1600x1200.jpg
1956_oldsmobile_golden_rocket_motorama56_02.jpg

I've loved that grill from the moment I first saw it.

oldsmobile-golden-rocket-dream-car-concept-7.jpg

I know I've posted it before (unsure if it was here or elsewhere), but the Impala also bowed in 1956.

1956-Corvette-Impala-XP-101-Concept.jpg

Would you believe they used a Corvette as early inspiration? :P

I think Mercedes could produce that as a step below the AMG GT. Maybe give it 300- 350 HP and a manual transmission and a base price around $70,000.
If Mercedes-AMG becomes daring enough to reincarnate the W111, I have one priority. It must retain a rotary engine, like the original. It doesn't need to be extraordinarily powerful or nimble; it just needs to be rotary powered to impress me.

For a specialty car like that, I think a mere $70,000 is unrealistic. I'm sure the cost would be north of $100,000, but who knows.

If Mercedes-AMG becomes daring enough to reincarnate the W111, I have one priority. It must retain a rotary engine, like the original. It doesn't need to be extraordinarily powerful or nimble; it just needs to be rotary powered to impress me.

For a specialty car like that, I think a mere $70,000 is unrealistic. I'm sure the cost would be north of $100,000, but who knows.
Mate, the rotary engine is dead. Mercedes won't be able to profit from such project if I'm honest.

Back