Cool, Awesome & Amazing Custom/One-off/Prototype Cars

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 684 comments
All this ketchup talk that's been going on here reminded me of one of my favorite concept cars:

Phantom_Corsair_Six_Passenger_Coupe_1938_04.jpg

1938 Phantom Corsair, designed by Rust Heinz, grandson of the founder of Heinz, and heir to the ketchup fortune. Built on a FWD Cord 810 chassis.

Love it, looks like something a Disney Villain would drive.

All this ketchup talk that's been going on here reminded me of one of my favorite concept cars:

Phantom_Corsair_Six_Passenger_Coupe_1938_04.jpg

1938 Phantom Corsair, designed by Rust Heinz, grandson of the founder of Heinz, and heir to the ketchup fortune. Built on a FWD Cord 810 chassis.

Love it, looks like something a Disney Villain would drive.
This was one of my very favorite Hot Wheels when I was little, I really liked how it looked like nothing else. I was also fascinated with any car with unexposed wheels.

-> ...
Anyway, I'll add a couple of one-off prototypes I has the pleasure of seeing at a show last month.

TVR 'White Elephant', with a 5.0 V8 Holden engine provided by HSV:

DSC_0381.JPG
^ I'm so sad to share this, but the TVR TWR (White Elephant) is currently abandoned at the old TVR Plant in Blackpool...

Abandoned%20Supercars%20Part%202%20-%2080.jpg

-> And also one of the best cars in GT2 (also one of my favorite TVRs)...

TVR Speed 12 Concept
1997-tvr-speed-12-prototype-3.jpg

TVR_Speed_12.jpg

Abandoned%20Supercars%20Part%202%20-%2057.jpg

^ Nooooooo!!!......

:(

-> ...

^ I'm so sad to share this, but the TVR TWR (White Elephant) is currently abandoned at the old TVR Plant in Blackpool...

Abandoned%20Supercars%20Part%202%20-%2080.jpg

That's a pre-restoration shot taken about 10 years ago. I saw the fully restored car last November.

Last edited:
-> ...

-> And also one of the best cars in GT2 (also one of my favorite TVRs)...

TVR Speed 12 Concept

^ Nooooooo!!!......

:(

Welcome to 10 years ago, dude. Google around a bit.

That scrapped Speed 12 was just a 90s show piece. The painted windows hide the non-existent interior.

Last edited:
I see seats and a dashboard.

The Speed 12 in the first shot isn't the same one. The shell in the last photo was their first mockup that was scrapped after the '96 British Motor Show, while the one with the interior was their second prototype and the first to have mechanical parts. Neither of them had an engine though.

Last edited:
I remember seeing that Speed 12 at the Motorshow (Can't remember if it was at the NEC or Earls Court though). Looked awesome. Possibly the only Trevor that I like.

zjxjk4icguv0tsz5sxuy.jpg

That's a 911? Oh Sbarro. You never let us down.

I got a chuckle out of the Pontiac that looks like an Espada front end grafted on the contemporary Mustang, though.

pt012.jpg

You can't just forget this mustang II concept, back then from 1963. No, it's no repost, previous pages, there was one mustang concept like this one, however a 1962 Mustang II convertible concept. But I'm still more familiar with this one.

Lamborghini_Miura_Concept.jpg

And you can't forget this either, the reason Lamborghini hasn't made this a production car, is beyond me. This beautiful Lamborghini Miura 2006 concept is simply, a masterpiece. Is kinda surprising this car is kinda alive in games, obviously EA games.

Back