Cool, Awesome & Amazing Custom/One-off/Prototype Cars

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 684 comments
1955_Chevrolet_Biscayne_01.jpg

1955 Chevrolet Biscayne concept.

Ford X2000! This thing might look like one of those whack late 50s Detroit "styling excercises" and it kinda was, but Ford pulled the plug in it because it thought it was just too much. The sole pieces constructed were the nose and a section of the cowl, which were donated to Rover I think, which bonded them to another prototype body and used them in an ad for a Cavalier. The prop was gonna be destroyed but Andy Saunders, a fan of the automotive odd, grabbed it and set forth to replicate the lost Ford concept car. This is the result, practically all handmade with the exception of the nose.

ford-x-2000-by-andy-saunders.2000x1333.Feb-22-2012_10.18.27.794030.jpg

1958-ford-x-2000-by-andy-saunders.2000x1500.Feb-18-2012_18.33.21.960051.jpg

1958-ford-x-2000-by-andy-saunders.1920x1440.Feb-18-2012_18.33.22.002851.jpg

Wow, that's...insane yet epic.

When I looked at the first picture though I thought the tail lights were jet engines or something. :lol:

ZZ Top's Cadzilla:

I think it's a Boyd Coddington creation...

I love the look of the back of it, looks sexy.

Ford X2000! This thing might look like one of those whack late 50s Detroit "styling excercises" and it kinda was, but Ford pulled the plug in it because it thought it was just too much. The sole pieces constructed were the nose and a section of the cowl, which were donated to Rover I think, which bonded them to another prototype body and used them in an ad for a Cavalier. The prop was gonna be destroyed but Andy Saunders, a fan of the automotive odd, grabbed it and set forth to replicate the lost Ford concept car. This is the result, practically all handmade with the exception of the nose.

That the craziest thing I even seen, but damn it looks awesome. :drool:

Ah yes, the crazy nuclear powered concept car, from a world where a car accident leads to a small-scale nuclear fallout...

amazing modernization in the red Jeep, incredible redesign!!!

EDIT: Holy snucks.

Click on the pic for a 1600x1200, very detailed photoshoot of this amazing sculpture.

Last edited:
MG E-XE

1985_MG_EXE_Prototype_Heritage_Motor_Centre,_Gaydon.jpg

Ford GT90

fordgt90conceptcar-lead.jpg

The E-XE inspired the shape of the MG-F etc well over 10 years later. I also remember it had some very technologically-advanced (but now dated) dash controls? Digital speedo etc.

The GT90 ran, there are videos if you look around, though I think it may have been something of a test mule. Was also in at least one of the early NFS games :)

The E-XE inspired the shape of the MG-F etc well over 10 years later. I also remember it had some very technologically-advanced (but now dated) dash controls? Digital speedo etc.

Yes I believe it also had 4wd and a turbocharged V6. It would have been quick.

The GT90 ran, there are videos if you look around, though I think it may have been something of a test mule. Was also in at least one of the early NFS games :)

Yeah I seem to remember they stuck a tiny little motor in it and it had a top speed of about 90!

I've always had a love towards the Isuzu VehiCross. But I didn't know they had this concept/one-off convertible version made. :eek:
Isuzu-VX-02-Concept-front-view-1024x640.jpg

ZZR
Hope it's OK to post my own work, this one is inspired by 03-06 Chevy SSR,
but built on 94 Impala SS platform. None of the body panels interchange with SSR, exept for tonneau cover.More on zzrstudio.com
^ I keep on seeing the ZZR-S around the Boulder City, NV area as the driver uses it as a DD. I'll update this post to post a pic of it. 👍

Back