• 684 comments
Pontiac El Catalina 1959.
upload_2020-4-18_9-4-55.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-5-14.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-5-35.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-7-52.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-6-14.jpeg

upload_2020-4-18_9-6-45.jpeg

1996 Opel Slalom Concept, by Bertone. A shooting brake concept based on the 4WD Opel Calibra 16V platform, the Slalom offered a rear seat that moved backwards and forwards to optimize legroom versus luggage space.

tumblr_p9ggedo1Az1ti77kbo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9ggedo1Az1ti77kbo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9ggedo1Az1ti77kbo3_1280.jpg

1992 Seat Concepto T Coupe. A prototype coupe based on the original (Golf-based) Seat Toledo saloon powered by VW’s narrow-angle VR6 engine. The Concepto T was designed in-house at Seat’s Barcelona studio to demonstrate their capabilities to (then new owners) Volkswagen.

tumblr_owdmfozCE01ti77kbo2_1280.jpg

upload_2020-5-29_16-10-23.png

tumblr_owdmfozCE01ti77kbo3_640.jpg

There was a convertible version of the Concepto T as well.

tumblr_owdn3l87KR1ti77kbo4_640.jpg

1998 Seat Bolero Concept.

tumblr_p18af8ZiUU1ti77kbo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_p18af8ZiUU1ti77kbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p18af8ZiUU1ti77kbo3_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p18af8ZiUU1ti77kbo2_r1_640.jpg

How is that a concept car or prototype?
I agree, but it doesn’t belong in this thread, since it’s for concepts/prototypes only.
Maybe resist the compulsion to police threads which are not yours to police.

The F50 wasn't, to my knowledge, originally offered with straight pipes. This means it isn't original. This means it's custom. In light of that, have a look at the thread title again.

You previously presented a pair of Ferraris which were neither prototype nor concept--which were custom, point of fact--and were not reprimanded for having done so.

Here you are being critical of others' submissions after having very recently bitched incessantly about others being critical of your submissions in another thread.

Maybe resist the compulsion to police threads which are not yours to police.

The F50 wasn't, to my knowledge, originally offered with straight pipes. This means it isn't original. This means it's custom. In light of that, have a look at the thread title again.

You previously presented a pair of Ferraris which were neither prototype nor concept--which were custom, point of fact--and were not reprimanded for having done so.

Here you are being critical of others' submissions after having very recently bitched incessantly about others being critical of your submissions in another thread.
Welp, guess I got "owned" once again. I thought I'm on your blocked list so you don't have to see my uninformed, spammy crap? What's the point of even pressing the "show ignored content" button mustering up a paragraph response anyway? That F50 may have one modification (straight pipes) but if you look at 99% of the other posts in this thread, you see actual concepts, prototypes, or one-offs, not slightly modified production cars. That F50 would be better off in the Imports thread. I just checked my post history in this thread and I never posted any Ferraris in here at all. If some other member had criticized him for posting an F50 in this thread, you'd probably move along with your day not reply, but as history as proven you seem to jump at any opportunity you see of me supposedly acting stupid. Why don't you just hold the same standards for all members. Thanks.

Welp, guess I got "owned" once again.
What even is this?

I thought I'm on your blocked list so you don't have to see my uninformed, spammy crap?
Yeeeeaaahh...I'm gonna need you to quote me as having referred to anything you've said as "uninformed, spammy crap."

What's the point of even pressing the "show ignored content" button mustering up a paragraph response anyway?
There's no telling what's going to appear having done so. It could be a single paragraph or a seemingly endless, inane diatribe. But the temptation is strong when you see someone respond seemingly unsolicited to what appears to be their very own post, immediately followed by a hidden post with a prompt to reveal its contents.

That F50 may have one modification (straight pipes) but if you look at 99% of the other posts in this thread, you see actual concepts, prototypes, or one-offs, not slightly modified production cars.
The thread "mandate"--if you want to call it that--is fairly ambiguous. The second post is a Pontiac Parisienne with its roof hacked off, and yet it doesn't appear to have raised any concerns.

It's still not your thread to police.

That F50 would be better off in the Imports thread.
Yep. The simple truth is there are a number of superfluous threads, in many instances the contents of which could very easily have been submitted to another, less narrowly focused thread. It is what it is.

I just checked my post history in this thread and I never posted any Ferraris in here at all.
I mean...

1975 Ferrari 365 Panther

Those windows :drool:
1978 Ferrari 308 One-Off by Barris Customs

qnqsldrjwybpggtsnics.png

uy5klsiftadwc8ogeyzb.png

gpvdwoeq9zpzsnabmmpf.png

qmu1cewbfcv5kcvj8tvf.png
Was that not you? You've even acknowledged you created this new account after that one was banned.

If some other member had criticized him for posting an F50 in this thread, you'd probably move along with your day not reply, but as history as proven you seem to jump at any opportunity you see of me supposedly acting stupid.
Ah, the privilege of being able to predict the outcome of hypothetical events without the burden of observations such as those you get with events that actually transpired.

I submit that I'd have been just as likely to chime in, though my response would likely have been different since nobody else has demonstrated such a propensity to police threads which are not theirs to police, much less hypocritically so. And since the event is hypothetical, this can't be said to be any more or less likely.

As an aside, the words "proven" and "seem" in what I've quoted above are very much at odds with each other.

Why don't you just hold the same standards for all members. Thanks.
Yeeeeaaahh...this is where I ask you to show that I have supposedly not done so. Bear in mind that the burden is yours to demonstrate that I explicitly did not act, with no possibility of my having simply not observed such an incident where I'd be compelled to do so.

Now how about you not police threads which are not yours to police?

Alternatively, I'd take you not bitching when others are critical of your submissions. Criticism does not constitute a personal attack.

Thanks.

Edit: F50s don't appeal to me, nor do unnecessarily noisy cars, so a straight-piped F50 is doubly unappealing to me. But I imagine there are plenty who would find it appealing.

Maybe it's not so bad that someone plays a little fast and loose with threads if something is brought to the attention of people who are likely to find it appealing.

Last edited:
That F50 may have one modification (straight pipes) but if you look at 99% of the other posts in this thread, you see actual concepts, prototypes, or one-offs, not slightly modified production cars. That F50 would be better off in the Imports thread.

Why? If they are cars I never knew existed, shouldn't they count as well? The concept car thread gets less traffic than the Cars You Never Knew About thread so sometimes I'm more inclined to post them there instead.
Because I feel more inclined to post certain concept cars in the "cars you didn't know about until now" thread because more members seem to view it/post in it than the concept cars thread. Obviously I want as many people to see and like my posts as possible.

Last edited:
I thought this thread was for custom cars as well?

Anyway, this as much as I like this, I know many others won't so I'll leave it out of the tasteful mods thread. But ya, I really dig this. Built by River City Rods in Iowa and dubbed "Brown Sugar".

26SI5w9.jpg

A rejected design proposal for the Mk.4 Golf, circa 1997.

258b540a79d8b4e41b132f7a1daa08db.jpg

d7ec5786fff3f65d3882287c379e1462.jpg

1996 Peugeot 106 Gruau by Sbarro.

Sbarro_Gruau106_profil.jpg

Sbarro_Gruau_106.jpg

1979 Peugeot 505 Sport Coupe Concept. A proposal for an upmarket 2-door fastback specifically for the US market.

peugeot_505_coupe_sport.jpg

92206438_1472710379573614_333543393521041408_o.jpg

1989 Citroen XM Sedan, also a US market-oriented prototype that was ultimately rejected.

613bc4cfc063c74695e53dca5deecc0a.jpg

upload_2020-6-18_21-17-8.png

1990 Citroen ZX Rally Raid prototype.

tumblr_ns8jz9OUQ91ti77kbo4_1280.jpg

1977 Peugeot 504 Coupe V6 Targa prototype

tumblr_pbzf6oYMMe1rctae8o4_1280.jpg

6ca1d5fe23ea20d36c45e360d58448e8.png

tumblr_pbzf6oYMMe1rctae8o2_1280.jpg

Renault 5 6x6 by Sbarro

Not doing it for me. Among other things, the front end appears to be simultaneously surprised and angry.

Man the front of that Aston looks like a disappointed, yet slightly angry, catfish.

Chrysler Java concept. First seen at the 1999 Frankfurt Auto Show.
chrysler-java-concept-high-res-768x384.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-01-07-at-4.24.02-PM-768x271.png

Lincoln C Concept from the 2009 Detroit Auto Show. I've always liked the idea of luxury compacts.
2009-lincoln-c-concept_100192064_m.jpg

lincolncconceptrear.jpg

2009-lincoln-c-concept-live-07_100192335_m.jpg

Last edited:

Getting in it would have been tricky; the 12-year-old me really thought GM would produce the Wildcat one day...

...because they also had the Oldsmobile Aerotech and the Pontiac Pursuit on the turntables.

It was 1986, what did I know about the closure of the Flint plant and automotive reality in general?

Last edited:
Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet. DAWB 6. Completely hand built. Even the air-cooled inline-6 with integrated transaxle driving the front wheels. Only the one was built. It still exists in a museum in Ireland.

CachedImage.jpg

dtw-dawb-004-allcarindex-com.jpg

dtw-dawb-002-forocoches-com.jpg

1954-62_dawb_6_p1_20210321211603.jpeg

Back