Cool Hybrid Ideas!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by BeN_SpeC2, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

That's GT2 - so far the thread has been GT3.

But that's fine... It does say "hybrid ideas", and they ARE hybrid ideas... :D

2. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

Oooo...sounds interesting

So what kind of engine should I put in the Elise?

3. Danny

Danny Premium

corvette c5r

4. Heydu

Heydu

U can rename cars, but only to the names of other cars in the game, not to something U made up.

5. Mephis

Mephis

i put it in an fc, then i couldnt get traction, gave it 4wd, thwn couldnt turn, bad idea lol.

6. MrSmith

MrSmith

I like mine to go like this

I'd start with any F1 car

I'd Slap on a 911{GT3} body

Use the Miata chassis

Change the name to Skyline so I could get its Vcd, tires and Turbos.

Get the FTO 4WD drivetrain.

Take it to the 1000M and test it.

Then Seattle for more testing {thats my favorite track}

Thats the one Im working on Now

other than that I'd use an engine from the manufactor, Like win a Miata and put an RX7 engine in it or get a Mustang and put a GT40 engine in it. Plain and simple stuff

7. Famine

Famine Administrator

Why not just... hybrid on the skyline VCD, tyres and turbos?

The shortest F1 chassis there is, is 400mm longer than the 911 996 GT3's, so the car would look like a Porsche with a wheel at each corner and a huge gap where the wheelarches are. If you're switching to an MX-5 chassis, why do you need to start off with an F1 chassis? That makes no sense to me.

8. MrSmith

MrSmith

Well starting with the F1 gave me brakes, suspension and light weight. {I like the low look it gives} I cant get that much weight reduction and dropped look with other suspensions.

And the MX-5 chassis put my tire in the center of the wheel wells.

And I guess I could just Hybrid on the Skyline parts, But at the time I didnt have those parts. so I used the name and bought them. And I thought Id have a hard time removing them If I felt it was to fast {in my setting screen} Plus I couldnt get the Tire codes to work properly

Make sense now?:)

9. Famine

Famine Administrator

How inordinately convoluted... :D
    Mx-5 chassis is only 85mm shorter, so it wouldn't be TOO bad (I stay under 80mm difference, if I can), but it would also bring the MX-5's weight with it...

10. jkk

jkk

i got something for you a c-west razo silvia with a nismo 400R engine in it.Is it realistic enough,it aint hard to find a 240sx with a skyline motor transplant. lol good torque curve good power and good rev :)

11. MrSmith

MrSmith

How inordinately convoluted[​IMG]

Im not making a statement on that until I have a dictionary and my lawyer on the 4um.

Yeah I could get the MX-5's weight, so Ill use it on my next Hybrid. I think Im gonna take a Supra and make it Supa;)

12. VenomousDrift

VenomousDrift

Done that swap witht eh FC, FD, and RX8, each with proper suspension and tire swaps(the RX8 keeps it's 19's) from a F1 and Mustang Cobra R respectively to help keep the reins on all that power. They look hot and handle great. Very fun. :D On the other hand, craming a 4 rotor into an FC, FD, or RX8 strikes me as being quite the engineering feat. :lol:

13. fast_4sho

fast_4sho

hey venomousdrift waht si the car in your avatar and do you have any info sorry to hijack

14. mobilechicane

mobilechicane

that be a mclarenF1... certainly plenty of "debate" about them recently round here :p

give this a go:

http://www.mclarencars.com/content/sections/mainfr/cars.htm

Its the official site... but i think you can still safely believe the hype :tup:

There's also "about 207,000" google results to be had..

15. Famine

Famine Administrator

It's not a McLaren F1... It could be an ASL Garaiya, but to be honest I have NO idea.

16. Danny

Danny Premium

It looks like an ultima

17. [myg0t]wicked

[myg0t]wicked

its a mazda. forgot what model

18. VenomousDrift

VenomousDrift

RE-Amemiya Mazda AZ-1
    61hp Turbo L3 dumper for a 400+hp 20B Turbo Three-Rotor
    Fully custom widened body, custom suspension, custom everything. Built to be a track demon. Probably weighs in at about 1800-2000lbs. ;) The car is smaller than a 1G MR2. :eek:

19. MrSmith

MrSmith

But alot of codes I use dont work, so what I do is change the name of the car, go to the setting screens If it's a racing model and change the part . It gives me everything the name of the car I choose is suppose to have, except the Engine I have to spawn that one.:)

I Just took a Mx-5 {hard top} and changed the name to the Mazda Race car and went to the setting screen added all the parts and Used the engine modifier codes ,using the MX-5's engine and It rocks. Now I need to know what tires I can use that will be wide but not stick out the fenders any suggestions?

20. silver_drift

silver_drift

hello everyone. this is my first post. can someone be a good pal and make me a GS2V2 (NTSC) hybrid of a Silivia S14 that performs like an F1?

thanks

ps. i don't have a sharkport thing. :mad:

21. MrSmith

MrSmith

If you change the name of the Silvia you buy to an F1, you can go into the setting area and change all the parts to F1 parts. then change the name back. It will handle Just like an F1. all you need then is to get tires that fit better, because when you changed the tires, you got F1 tires also. hope this helped

22. I reccomend getting a Sharkport or an NTSC X-Port and then downloading the MKS Program, as it is the easiest way to make hybrids. When and If you do, just open your gamesave in MKS and add alot of the F1 parts (even the engine if you want) onto the Silvia.

A sharkport/X-port costs about $30, and the MKS program is free. You can find a sharkport/x-port at any computer software store (like Gamestop, Best Buy, Circuit City, Electronics Botique, etc)...

23. silver_drift

silver_drift

thanks for the advice, MrSmith and Frustrated Palm.

24. Nissan Z Engine comes the closest to sounding like a fireball muffler.....(is that what their called) well lemme think: Jaguar XJ220, 4WD. You crazy guys think of the rest to do with that, i just think a XJ220 going off-road is crazy and unrealistic enough....

25. Famine

Famine Administrator

4WD doesn't mean going off-road... The Diablo VT, Murcielago and Veyron are all real-life 4WD supercars. The Tommy kaira ZZII has 4WD in the game and can't rally. Then in the game you've got a whole bunch of FR, FF and MR rally cars.

When hybriding, making a car able to rally is "inordinately convoluted" :D and a lot more complex than just slapping 4WD on it.

26. Leone

Leone

What do you mean

27. Famine

Famine Administrator

By which bit? 4WD not necessarily meaning off-road, or making a non-rally car into a rally car being complex?

28. Leone

Leone

I'm just not sure what everybodies trying to do.

29. Famine

Famine Administrator

Hybrids...

It's where you build a car out of parts available in GT3, which don't necessarily belong to that car originally. Like, at the extreme, a Daihatsu Cuore with the Speed 12 engine in it. And tyres off an F1 car. And suspension from a Tommy kaira ZZII. With a GT40 body. And so on.

30. Flerbizky

Flerbizky Premium