Transmission: 4-speed manual, 3-speed auto
Drivetrain: FR
Daimler-SP250-Dart-2.jpg

Daimler-SP250-Dart-18032.jpg

Buying_Guide-1963-Daimler-SP-250-_0.jpg

img-2306_orig.jpeg

Daimler_SP250_rear_three_quarters.JPG

daimler-sp250-02-be477631.jpg

Hate to say it, but this is one of the uglier British sports cars. At least the Bugeye Sprite has a charm to it, this one's mouth just looks like it wants to eat me. I guess they tried to incorporate some American style onto this small car? To be fair, it looks much better from the sides and back, but like the new M4, ultimately Uncool.

Must have seemed pretty nippy back in the day, shame it looked such a shambolic mix-up of styles. It was released just as Jaguar took over and they had plans for a more stylish version, unfortunately the much better in every regard E-type came about not long after and that hammered nails in the Dart's coffin.

Last edited:
This Daimler is a stylish car, but not a gorgeous one. The styling is too off for me to give it high marks. I was going to go Cool, but my final call is Uncool.

I think these look better in the flesh but they're still not pretty. A lightweight, compact roadster with a small V8 should be an automatic cool and knocking on the door of SZ but they saddled it with this styling. Shame that this was the last 'proper' Daimler. Uncool, I am sad to say.

I think these look better in the flesh but they're still not pretty.
Sadly I've never been blursed with seeing one in the flesh. I guess that's another casualty of my being a filthy American
Shame that this was the last 'proper' Daimler. Uncool, I am sad to say.
I love how there's a British Daimler but also a German Daimler. I got so confused as a kid.

Interesting that this hasn’t gotten any SZ or SU votes yet. I went with meh personally but you don’t usually see a poll where only three bars are filled so far.

I mean now that I’ve mentioned it it’s gonna change but just something neat to point out now

Back