Weight: 350kg
Transmission: CVT
Drivetrain: FWD
2560px-Aixam_400_SL_-_Flickr_-_Joost_J._Bakker_IJmuiden.jpg

33010174968_0e22e72190_b.jpg

1636999160324.png

aixam-400-06.jpg

Last edited:
The rare occasion of polling a car I've absolutely never heard of is always fun. Anyway, it's pretty SU. I don't know how I expected the interior to look, but it wasn't that.

The rare occasion of polling a car I've absolutely never heard of is always fun. Anyway, it's pretty SU. I don't know how I expected the interior to look, but it wasn't that.
I first saw this car when I went in holiday in Spain, and I said to my friend "What is that disgusting thing". He told me it's an "Aixam" and I said "is that because you need an Eye Exam if you think it looks good?". A cheap "quadricycle" designed because it can technically not be called a car for legal reasons to make transportation cheaper for those who don't have a full driving license.
SU.

If you just need any sort of car to get you around and to carry stuff, the Aixam 400 is a great choice. However, is this going to make you the coolest person in your area or get you to any sort of fame? I strongly doubt it. Cute car, though! Unfortunately, not cool either. In fact, Seriously Uncool.

Basically in the same category as the Reliant Robin, just without the potential for fally-overy comedy. Although if you did manage to flip one of these over on their side while driving it, that would be pretty impressive in its own right.

But yeah, it's a closed-cabin moped for people who are unable or unwilling to get a driver's license. I'm sure it's fine enough for getting around congested European city roads without being rained on (well okay, that sunroof on the red one looks pretty suspect), but it's purely utilitarian, never even pretending to be cool. I'd even say it's Seriously Uncool by design.

Who thought that a 400cc diesel 2-cylinder engine needed to be a thing? Seriously uncool.

Love how lightweight it is. However, the interior. It's like a Subaru MOMO wheel, Dodge Caravan dashboard, Festiva seats, '80s Impala carpet.

Exterior reminds me of my old '05 Charade and a Polo. I can dig the rear hatch.

Have to give it an uncool though.

As a former owner of a quadricycle like this, I will say that it's absolutely SU.
But I only have fond memories of it because it made me appreciate how simple a means of transportation like this can be with a complete disregard of luxury and safety, and they're even simpler than a real car so it's a fantastic learning tool for basic mechanic work and maintenance (of which you will learn because they can be incredibly unreliable)

It is impressively light but that still won't be enough to compensate for that tiny engine. Its quite cute but the pictures all show its terrible build quality. SU.

I voted Uncool before looking at the additional pics, OMG that interior is horrible :lol:

Send this to hell, please.

Back