Racing Class: Formula 1
Engine: 3.0L V10
Power: 920 hp @ 9000 rpm
Weight: 605 Kg
Transmission: 7-speed sequential automatic
Drivetrain: MR
1024px-Scuderia_Ferrari_F2004.jpg

Mick-4.jpg

best-f1-cars-of-the-2000s-1-ferrari-f2004-f1-2004-spa-michael-schumacher-rainer-schlegelmilch-mi-goodwood-10032021.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know much about Formula 1, except that the cars have looked pretty similar to each other since like the '80s (Although they've apparently gotten much bigger). And this poll comes a few days after the championship, what timing! Anyway I'll probably vote meh because it doesn't interest me too much and non-car people likely wouldn't care about it either.

From an outside perspective, F1 seems more about the drivers/teams and tracks than the cars themselves, since the regulations mean the cars are pretty similar each year. Correct me if I'm wrong. That's why I haven't clicked the meh button yet.

Last edited:
To me it's as Sub Zero as an F1 car can get. It's my favorite F1 car of all time for two reasons. First since I'm a Ferrari fan and Michael Schumacher is my favorite driver it's his iconic car. Second, I actually got to see this car race in person. From 2001-2007 I went to the USGP at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This car was an absolute screamer as were most of the other cars during the V10 era.

This car was highly successful too. Winning 15 out of 18 races and 12 pole positions during the 2004 Formula 1 season. I've got a 1/18 scale model of this car buried up somewhere in my storage unit.

SUB ZERO!!!!!

As I was learning about racing, I always thought all Formula 1 cars were spec cars. That is entirely not true, of course. People design cars based on certain rule packages. I saw only a few changes in some other F1 cars, but I never could tell one car from another unless for certain trick aerodynamic touches. Anyhow... I have always been a Ferrari fan. I admit being a tifosi. Ferrari has been a long-standing fixture in Formula 1 racing. When you mention Ferrari and Michael Schumacher (one of my fellow Capricorns!), you instantly add value. And let's not forget this 2004 F1 car was back when F1 cars sounded loud and ferocious and with big engines. So tab me for Sub-Zero on this F1 car. Forza Ferrari!

Honestly the F200X series from Ferrari are probably my favourite racing cars of all time anywhere. I have fleeting memories of watching them on TV with my dad when I was much younger, and I remember all the toy cars and video games I played with were always centered around F1 and one of these Ferraris.

Nowadays, I still hold these cars in the same regard and although I prefer the cleaner 2001 car, the 2004 car was the best of them all in terms of performance and dominance. Propelling the Michael to yet another championship and hardly missing out on any wins the entire season. It's so fast that it's even debated this car might still be quicker than even the most modern F1 machinery if it had proper slick tires.

What I love most about the F2004 is the story of how this car was so ridiculously fast that Ferrari had assumed they designed it wrong. But they were actually within the regulations and the pace was legitimate.

I think this car is so iconic it's probably just "the" F1 car to most people.

So yes, anything other than SZ is a crime here.

Last edited:
Back