• Poll closed .
United States
United States
Poll 1435: 2021- Kia Carnival nominated by Snikle
2022-kia-carnival-mmp-1-1617634070.jpg

Body Style: 4dr minivan
Engine: 3.5L V6, 2.2L Diesel I4
Power: 199 hp (diesel), 290 hp (gas)
Torque: 325 lb-ft (diesel) 262 lb-ft (gas)
Weight: 1985-2144 kg
Transmission: 8-speed auto
Drivetrain: FF
1010_2022KIACARNIVALSXMINIVAN_SNDrive_F.jpg

2022-Kia-Carnival-EX-41.jpg

2022-kia-carnival-dashboard-carbuzz-814972.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

This minivan, er "Grand utility Vehicle" isn't really cool, just by virtue of being the family hauler it is, but there's parts of it I really like. To me its probably the best looking car in its ever-shrinking class (The Pacifica looked better from the front before its facelift), and those seats in the high trim version look awesome. Better than any minivan I was carted about in as a kid. Went with a meh, the car still isn't cool but it has enough good stuff to where I don't find it uncool either.

Last edited:
Kia went full Chevrolet Uplander with this one. Half SUV, half minivan. I would say it's the best looking vehicle in its segment, easily outclasses the Chrysler Town & Country/Voyager.

It's still a minivan though. Unless it's a Renault Avantime, it's gonna be at least an uncool.

The Kia Carnival surely is a sharply-styled minivan. It has some SUV boldness in its design. Some people still would probably prefer an SUV or a crossover SUV rather than this Carnival. Some others may even go with the Honda Odyssey. To me, it won't make you the coolest person on the block. So while my inclination is to say "Uncool," I'm going Meh.

Any sort of minivan with a center console between the driver and passenger is heresy, but the Carnival looks nice and it's well built so what more can you really say? Meh.

Also RIP Sedona nameplate, my parents used to own one in the early 2000s.

I owned a then new 2005 Odyssey EX-L. You’d be amazed at the performance of a modern minivan. The Bronx to Virginia Beach was too easy. Not a peep from adults in the 3rd-row seats.
Never drove a Kia van, or been in an ultra luxury sedan, but have been in a new Odyssey(we get the JDM 4-cylinder model, nowhere near the 260hp V6 I had). 16-17 years advanced minivan technology, plus that 290hp, the new Carnival would have to be special.

I don't see how a new this year piece of minivan dross that surely only a handful of people can have actually bought and driven at this point can be said to have had any influence in car culture or have carved out any position for itself in the arbitrary rankings of coolness.

Why?/10

Back