Cool Wall Discussion Thread

I like the choices you've made so far. I've never seen GTP's so I'm a little unfimiliar with the cool wall. Im assuming just Forza cars. Also are you just going to post what you think what cars are going to go into the right cadegory? Or is it going to be up for to discussion, kinda like on Top Gear?

Those details were supposed to be disclosed yesterday, but I got tied up in another game and forgot all about everything else. :lol:

I'll update everything later unless Slip beats me to it.

Shhhh. Nobody else can!

I'll add in my reasons below, let me just don my... presenter hat:

Slip's Inaugural Cool Wall Additions:

"A time for reflection. A time to think about the myriad, miniscule features that make each and every car unique. Where no car can be easily classified... wait a tick, that sounds absurd. Everything can fit into four easily-digestible categories - it's Cool Wall Time!

I planned on presenting these alphabetically, to, you know, surprise you lot, but as it turns out, they were all in that order anyways, left to right, and quite frankly, you can see the things on the board. Moving on...

Seriously Uncool: None other than the Dodge Dart. For those times when exploiting a loophole in class ranking is preferable to utilizing any available talent.
Uncool: Not entirely content with pulling styling features off of cheap Citroens, Ferrari aped their brothers over at Peugeot to build their grinningest car yet - the FF.
Cool: A tip of the hat to the drug dealer known as Mazda, for providing that gateway drug into the world of grass-roots motorsports, the NA Miata.
Sub-Zero: Winning some back for Ferrari, despite only using their engine, it's the car that may or may not involve man-touching: It's the Stratos.

This is the first (Non AUP breaking) picture when you google image search "Miata Driver".

22912780014_large.jpg

:lol:

Need I say more about it's uncoolness?

I like the chance of how the car may be used in game to push them into cool or uncool territory. LB cars getting bumped to uncool like a spark, even though it was uncool to begin with. Cars that people balked at that turn out to be good in quite a few classes like the pinto ending up on the cool side. Adding that in game usage adds a nice twist to where they end up so we aren't just going by looks.

That blue Miata has racing stripes that I solidly approve of :P

I do not understand the current Cool and Seriously Uncool candidates. I vote that they trade places.

Disagree. The lancia is undriveable, uncomfortable & impractical IRL, but at the same time is beautiful, a drivers dream and a legend. Perfect candidate for it's current place on the board

I've only driven the dodge dart once but the sound is amazing. Every time I accelerated flat out through the gears I envisioned I was at some drag strip in the states.

Both seriously cool cars.

That blue Miata has racing stripes that I solidly approve of :P

I would agree with you, except the owner seems to think it's a Viper. Sigh, get rid of the stripes man.

My issue is more with the matching shorts.:lol:

The other guy has an epic moustache, unfortunately the 70's shirt ruins that too.:lol:

Much as I agree with Slip's placing of the MX5, the front plate of one does read "Up Yr Kilt".

That Scot's baiting weirdness (what does he want to do up a Scotsman's kilt) should be enough to knock it down.

Scaff

I would agree with you, except the owner seems to think it's a Viper. Sigh, get rid of the stripes man.

No no, not a Viper.

(There was a colour scheme option that matches the image above, in addition to the BRG + Yellow stripe)

Much as I agree with Slip's placing of the MX5, the front plate of one does read "Up Yr Kilt".

That Scot's baiting weirdness (what does he want to do up a Scotsman's kilt) should be enough to knock it down.

Scaff

If I had posted that weirdo Scot, agreed. But Justin's trying to sabotage my selection :P. Besides, nearly every car has some sort of unfortunate owner!

I stand by the NA! :D

Stratos can be parked for free in paid car parks
( slips under the barrier ) how cool is that.

I'm game. Here's my shorty of automobile do's and dont's:

Seriously Uncool - 2006 HUMMER H1 Alpha - LOOK AT ME, I'm a rebel who doesn't care about our planet...oooh, watch out, we have a badass over here.

Uncool - 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR - Why must every guy who owns this car have matching sunglasses to go with it?

Cool - 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo - Simple, Turbo, screams, 'take me to the track'.

Sub Zero - 1971 De Tomaso Pantera - Women don't know what car it is, and it doesn't matter once they get in the back seat.

Jerome

I just came here to say that I lolled at the Miata discussion. I'm going to try and remember those points for future reference XD

Back