CORE Americas | American GT | 2 Spots LeftFinished 

• Thread starter FutureF1
  • 212 comments
Driver Sign Up Sheet
Indy Road Course - Saturday September 26 (7 PM EDT)
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
2. INF_Mike458 / Z06/ INF (#GTRTooOP)
3. ItzRacing / TBC / TBC*

I'm finally going to be available for an American race, so I'll join in and help improve the field numbers. It works out well that these races are on Sunday mornings in Australia. I'll fill the sign up sheet for Americas today sometime.

If I have the energy after my race and I'm not feeling to pissed of I will join as well..

Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
2. INF_Mike458 / Z06/ INF (#GTRTooOP)
4. Cobra75 / SLS / TOR

Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
2. INF_Mike458 / Z06 / INF
4. Cobra75 / SLS / TOR
5. GTP_Bambi / R8 / ASTW

Nice to see some new guys on the grid for this round. 👍 Just remember that there is a championship being fought so don't get too frisky. ;) Out of curiosity, seeing how we have a BMW signed up, I decided to give the Z4 a go around Indy against my own R8. My conclusion: either I'm just really, really bad in the R8, or that BMW is about to eat us all for dessert. See the attachment below. :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 35
Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
4. Cobra75 / SLS / TOR
5. GTP_Bambi / R8 / ASTW

Nice to see some new guys on the grid for this round. 👍 Just remember that there is a championship being fought so don't get too frisky. ;) Out of curiosity, seeing how we have a BMW signed up, I decided to give the Z4 a go around Indy against my own R8. My conclusion: either I'm just really, really bad in the R8, or that BMW is about to eat us all for dessert. See the attachment below. :lol:
haha we might see two Z4s in the field so it should be interesting. It's interesting though since the Z4 and R8 are nearly identical spec-wise. I look forward to hearing about the race!

Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
4. Cobra75 / SLS / TOR
5. GTP_Bambi / R8 / ASTW
6. aceboy127 / SLS / ARS

I might be able to make it, but it will probably be close. I will just try to keep an eye on the thread and make a post about whether I can or not on Saturday.

YrU0p2.png

zCkM3O.jpg

1 - 11 - INF_Mike458 - FutureF1 - Racing incident
Verdict: NFA

1 - 15 - INF_Mike458 - TRL_EVOLUTION - Racing Incident

1 - 25 - GTP_Bambi - CodDemon101 - Racing Incident

1 - 33 - GTP_Bambi - TRL_EVOLUTION - Racing Incident

iWyT1M.png

zCkM3O.jpg

TRL_EVOLUTION - Unsportsmanlike Behavior
Verdict: Warning 1/3 - Please stay in your grid spot on the formation lap and avoid making contact with other cars on the the grid.

aE2PpC.jpg

9zEPyw.png

FINALLY got this done :D So happy to now be up to date and thank you everyone for being patient with me. Looks like I have some work to do in the last 3 rounds to get my lead back :P

Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
4. Cobra75 / SLS / TOR
5. GTP_Bambi / R8 / ASTW
6. aceboy127 / SLS / ARS
7. Yo-2099 /R8 / ASTR

Sorry guys, got my race wrecked in turn 1, don't feel like racing more today... Good luck too you all

Driver Sign Up Sheet

1. rcb929 / Z4 / INF
5. GTP_Bambi / R8 / ASTW
6. aceboy127 / SLS / ARS
7. Yo-2099 /R8 / ASTR

Like round six at Special Stage Route 5, round seven also had a consensus of double points for the first race due to drivers' discontent regarding the balance of the cars. I feel bad for @aceboy127 who arrived late to race 1 and couldn't partake in the nonexistent race 2. I urge that he is awarded some sort of points for being present for what would have been the second race. The series organizer can expect a private conversation from me soon, this will most likely include some sort of proposal.

Last edited:
Great racing to everyone, I enjoyed the race tonight, but if you will, I would like to point out the obvious:

Things need to change.
Every car is radically different and insanely unbalanced, in favor of the GTR. Even though the GTR has terrible tire wear, the one lap pace is still enough to make it up for it. Every track aside from Autumn Ring and probably Laguna Seca is favored to the GTR. Any time a straight with any length comes up, the GTR can pull away without anything catching it. The GTR had about 5-7 MPH up on every other car at Indy, and all the other cars could not keep up with it, even under slipstream. The BMW on the other hand was very fast, it was a lot better with its tires, and it could still destroy everything else in the corners. The Corvettes and everything else has no answer to these two cars, and even the Corvette, the Audi, and the Mercedes are unbalanced as well. I will not be participating in any races until these cars' specs are sorted out.

Last edited:
The GTR had about 20 or 30 MPH up on every other car at Indy
More like 5-7mph...
But still the cars are very different.
I heard a lot of complaints but no changes, think it's time to start taking more action rather than just complaining about it.

I'm so sorry for my behavior tonight. Completely unprofessional and wrong. Congrats on the win @ScuderiaLucas and sorry about that spin. Solid race @Whitetail, sorry about that contact on Lap 1. And also great 3rd by @Mike458 and cheers for @aruizb for racing tonight as well. Tonight I really and truly see what I need to change to myself not only a respectable and fair driver, but a respectable person as well. I hope this is a new beginning for me and my attitude both on and off the track, Thank you to everyone again who raced tonight and I can only offer my sincere apology to those offended by me tonight.

aDCCxE.jpg

Finally, here are the all important details for the winner takes all final race for the CORE Global GT Series, where we find out who will be crowned the champion of CORE Global GT in 2015.

Regulations

Date: November 7th, 2015

Time: 8:00PM GMT

Room Settings
Room Host: Cobra75
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Ownership: No
Race Quality: High
Voice Quality: Disabled

Track Settings
Track: Spa-Francorchamps (Variable Time & Weather)
Race Time: 3 Hours
Starting Weather: 0%
Weather Changeability: 3 Times
Time: 15:00
Time Progression: 1 Time

Qualifying Settings
Race Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Steward Discretion
Tyre Fuel Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track / Track Edge: Real
Race Finish Delay: Off
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Performance Filters
Tyres: No Limit
Tyre Type Change: Racing: Mediums
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning: No Limit

Driving Options

Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
Active Steering: Prohibited
Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
Driving Line: Prohibited
Traction Control: Available
Anti-Lock Brake System: Available

Eligibility:

The top 4 in the final point standings for each region will automatically qualify for the Global GT Final.

The 5th spot from each region will be given to a wildcard with the highest average points that has competed in at least 4 rounds of the series.

In the event that there are no drivers are eligible for a wildcard position, the 5th spot in the final race will go to the 5th place finisher in the standings.

If an eligible driver is unable to participate, then their spot will be offered to the next eligible driver for their method of qualification, whether that be via overall points or average points.

Timetable:

London Time

8:00PM – Room Opens
8:40PM – All cars to enter track for spec checking
8:45PM – Qualifying begins
9:00PM – Race Begins

New York Time

3:00PM – Room Opens
3:40PM – All cars to enter track for spec checking
3:45PM – Qualifying begins
4:00PM – Race begins

Sydney Time - (Sunday Morning, November 8)

7:00AM – Room Opens
7:40AM – All cars to enter track for spec checking
7:45AM – Qualifying begins
8:00AM - Race Begins​

OedZHN.png

Drivers Briefing
@rcb929, @Mike458, @Whitetail, @ScuderiaLucas, @aceboy127, @Sassafrass_3, @aruizb, @1Lambofan, @Sinyster, @itsLynxy, @RacingLine

Circuit: Willow Springs - Big Willow
Races: 2
Distance: 40 mins
Qualifying: 1 x 15 Minutes
Circuit Time: 16:00
Weather: Based on Real Forecast(0% chance of Rain as of now)

Welcome to round 8 of the CORE American GT Series. We're heading over to California for the second time this season. This time, Willow Springs!

Unfortunately, Round 7 results are behind schedule due to my not having replays and not having much time on my hands along with my practicing for a GTP ES event.

Room Settings:

Room Settings

Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: Standard
Fixed Room: No

Qualifier Settings:
Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings:
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start (Manual Rolling Start)
Grid Order: Race 1 – Qualifying Order / Race 2 – Previous Race Results
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: 90 seconds
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Timetable

7:00 PM EDT – Room Open
7:40PM EDT – Spec Check
7:45PM EDT – Qualifying
8:00 PM EDT – Race 1 (40 Mins)
8:40 PM EDT – Race 1 Finish
9:00 PM EDT – Race 2 (40 Mins)
9:40 PM EDT – Race 2 Finish

Driver Attendance Sheet

Please fill the following sign up sheet if you are racing on Saturday Night. If you are unable to attend, please inform us on the forum so Reserve drivers can have the opportunity to race.

Driver Sign Up Sheet
1. FutureF1/INF/GTR

IMPORTANT: AS THERE HAVE BEEN SOME COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE STRAIGHT LINE SPEED ADVANTAGE OF THE NISSAN GTR, WE WILL BE HAVING A VOTE FOR THE FINAL ROUND OF THIS SERIES. WE HAVE AN OPTION BETWEEN STICKING TO DAYTONA, HEADING TO EUROPE FOR A FINAL ROUND AT ASCARI RESORT, OR TAKE ON A COURSE MAKER TRACK SUCH AS THIS SEBRING REPLICA. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TRACK YOU WOULD LIKE TO RACE ON FOR THE FINALE OF THE AMERICAN GT SERIES.

Might be there, might not. There are plenty of other things I'd rather be doing on a Saturday night at this point.

Last edited:
Don't know if i can make it because I need to focus on Spa 24 hours with the limited time I'm allowed to race. I think I have a really solid chance of making the final race so not competing one race hopefully doesn't harm me too much

OedZHN.png

Driver Attendance Sheet

Please fill the following sign up sheet if you are racing on Saturday Night. If you are unable to attend, please inform us on the forum so Reserve drivers can have the opportunity to race.

Driver Sign Up Sheet
Willow Springs - Big Willow - Saturday October 10 (7 PM EDT)
1. FutureF1/INF/GTR
2. aceboy127/ARS/SLS

ANNOUNCEMENT

Round 8 of the CORE Americas American GT will be postponed to next week. If the signup count stays below 4, the decision will be made to cancel the round. I apologize to the drivers who were looking forward to racing tonight.​

CORE ANNOUNCEMENT

Round 8 of the CORE Americas American GT will be cancelled due to lack of signups. I apologize to the drivers who were looking forward to racing tonight.​

I'm still skeptical of the BoP and I do not know what my availability would be and if I could even make the race. Until I have a better understanding of what the points look like and what the details of the final round will be (day, time, track, point multiplier, etc), I will have to hold my concrete interest.

Don't want to sound snobby and like I'm taking this too seriously but the only reason I am leading points is due to absences. If a race was scheduled without fair input and consideration which results in losing that I'd honestly be quite irked, seeing how I've taken the time to show up to every race beforehand despite the circumstances.

Back