CORE Australia | Australasian GT / Spaces AvailableFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 371 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing

QF0Pqf.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the CORE Australsian GT championship. The series will be run using the GT3 Spec cars as seen in the CORE Nuburgring 24 Hour. Entries will be open to anyone who can make the time slot, but this is targeted at the Australsian time zones.

Races will take place on Wednesday Nights fortnightly and will be hosted by ITZRacing in the ‘CORE Online Racing official’ community club lobby. In order to race you will need to signed up to the ‘CORE Online Racing official’ club.

Event Structure

Sprint Races

The sprint race format will see drivers take part in a single 15 minute qualifying session and 2 x 40 minute races. The starting order for race 1 will be decided on the qualifying results, while the starting order for race 2 will be decided based on the results from race 1. All drivers must complete 1 pit stop in both races with a tyre compound change.

Event Timetable (Sprint Round)

7:00 PM ACDT – Room Open

7:40PM ACDT – Spec Check

7:45PM ACDT – Qualifying

8:00 PM ACDT – Race 1 (40 Mins)

8:40 PM ACDT – Race 1 Finish

9:00 PM ACDT – Race 2 (40 Mins)

9:40 PM ACDT – Race 2 Finish

*Click the image for full CORE rules and regulations*

Tyre Rules

There will be 2 tyre compounds used in the race. Soft and medium (A wet weather race will be declared if the surface water is over 25%)

Pit Window
During all the races there will be a Pit Stop Window This will be from 15 minutes to 25 minutes. Once the clock reaches 26 minutes, the pits will be closed apart from emergency repairs. If you pit outside of the Pit stop window you will receive a 30 second penalty.

v7fy.jpg

8Gvo15.jpg

43op.jpg

t401.jpg

Car Selection
The cars selection is done on a first come first served basis. There will be 3 of each car allowed.

Car Tuning
All Cars will be permitted to have Sports Computers, Exhaust and Intake Upgrades installed. Unless specified for the car, additional Engine Tuning, Superchargers and Turbo's are not permitted unless stated in OP.

Driving Aids
The only driving aids which will be allowed are Traction Control and ABS.

Incident reports
There is a mandatory incident report that MUST be submitted after every race event. There is time limit of 48 hours to submit, any late or none submitted will receive a time penalty of 30 seconds.

Link to Incident Report form

v1qg3m.jpg

Pole Position – 1 Point

Fastest Lap – 1 Point

1st Place
– 40 Points

2nd Place – 34 Points

3rd Place – 29 Points

4th Place - 24 Points

5th Place – 20 Points

6th Place – 16 Points

7th Place - 12 Points

8th Place – 10 Points

9th Place – 8 Points

10th Place – 6 Points

11th Place – 5 Points

12th Place – 4 Points

13th Place – 3 Points

14th Place – 2 Points

15th Place – 1 Point

99rSlK.jpg

C152oG.jpg
AXFdLl.jpg
9CuuEz.jpg
rJlA9c.jpg
XdjN58.jpg

2KIqWe.jpg

Last edited:
GTPlanet ID / PSN ID / Car No. / Car / Team

1. ItzRacing / ItzRacing / #95 / Audi R8 LMS Ultra (Team Phoenix) / TBC

2. LITTLEBLACKO / LITTLEBLACKO932 / #14 / Nissan GT-R GT3 / Dragon-Razor Racing

3. matvex / matvex001 / #5 / Nissan GT-R GT3 (Team RJN) / Matvex Motorsports

4. Killing Heidi / Killing-Heidi / #4 / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 / V.I.P-Racing

6. Pubs16 / Pubes16 / #16 / Nissan GT-R GT3 (Base Model) / UNC Motorsports

7. amcdo122 / amcdo122 / #56 / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 / Team Mercedes AMG

8. itsLynxy / itsLynxy / #88 / BMW Z4 GT3 / Team Knight Hawk Racing

9. Johnny Rodger / Johnny_Rodger / #9 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / Chevrolet Motorsport

10. SAI SANTOSH / santu929 / #7 / BMW Z4 GT3 / Team Knight Hawk Racing

11. brad_kirtland / brad_kirtland / #17 / Chevrolet Corvette Z06 / Brad Kirtland Motorsports

13. lachie_82 / Lachie_82 / #47 / TBC / TBC

Reserve Drivers

MackZ / Mack-Z- / TBC / TBC

DZITEZ / DZITEZ / Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 / V.I.P-Racing

Available Cars

Audi R8 LMS Ultra (Team Phoenix) '12 (2/3 Cars)
BMW M3 Z4 GT3 '11 (0/3 Cars)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '06 (0/3 Cars)
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 (0/3 Cars)
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13 (0/3 Cars)​

Last edited:
This seems exciting! I wanted to enter the V8 Supercars but schedule didn't line up unfortunately. I've been watching all the coverage and itch to be amongst it, so I'm keen as to experience a CORE series finally in this.

This seems exciting! I wanted to enter the V8 Supercars but schedule didn't line up unfortunately. I've been watching all the coverage and itch to be amongst it, so I'm keen as to experience a CORE series finally in this.

Awesome stuff! I'm glad that we are providing some entertainment in the V8 series! ;) That sucks that you couldn't take part in V8's, can I ask what prevented you from doing v8's?

Welcome aboard though, I'm certain you will enjoy the GT series!

Awesome stuff! I'm glad that we are providing some entertainment in the V8 series! ;) That sucks that you couldn't take part in V8's, can I ask what prevented you from doing v8's?

Welcome aboard though, I'm certain you will enjoy the GT series!
They're a great watch :).
Races are on Sundays and that's my Saturday in a work roster so would miss more races than I would like.

Those boys would be great to have involved! ^^^

Am I correct in saying we're using the RJN GTR only?

Those boys would be great to have involved! ^^^

Am I correct in saying we're using the RJN GTR only?

Hah I didn't even get a notification that memto replied on the thread...

No, you can choose to race the Schulze or the Base Model if you wish. Which one would you like to use?

Also I will holding a practice lobby tonight at 7pm ACDT. I would like to see everyone there as I want to do a few practice runs with rolling starts so that everyone understands what we are doing with them. I'll be including a written explanation of them in the drivers briefing that will be up later this afternoon as well.

Drivers Briefing Round 1

Track Map

Deep_Forest.jpg

Please note that the track map is for reverse direction. We will be racing in the normal direction.

Circuit: Deep Forrest
Races: 2
Distance: 40 mins
Qualifying: 1 x 15 Minutes
Circuit Time: N/A
Weather: N/A

Welcome to round 1 of the CORE Australia / Australasian GT Series. As it is the start of the new season, there will be a number of procedures that will need to be explained to all the drivers.

@LITTLEBLACKO @Matvex @Beau Albert @Killing Heidi @amcdo122 @Pubs16

Race Lobby

The races will be held in the Open Lobby section of the ‘CORE Online Racing official’. Due to real life circumstances, I will not be there for round 1. At this stage Killing-Heidi will be the room host, but I’m also in the process of finding a backup host in the event that Killing-Heidi can not host.

Official Practice

There will be a practice lobby tonight (June 25th) at 7pm ACDT. It is important we have all drivers here as we will run through the start procedure so everyone can get a feel for what they are doing.

Rolling Starts

For the GT races, CORE will use a rolling start procedure. The following is the regulations on performing rolling starts and they must be followed precisely to ensure there is no confusion between drivers. For round 1, drivers will complete a full warm up lap with the race starting at the Start/Finish Line.

5.Start procedure:

5.1 Rolling:

Cars on a rolling start must pace at 80MPH/128KPH top speed around the track, the leading car must maintain a constant speed only slowing down for slower corners which can not be taken safely at 80MPH/128KPH. The 80MPH/128KPH will continue the full warm up lap until the final turn or specified by race organizer where all cars will form up in double file at 50MHP/80KPH.

5.2 Gapping on warm up:

Cars must retain a 2-3 car gap between them selves and the car in front. While on the warm up the odd cars must warm up on the left hand side of the track and the evens must warm up on the right, making a 4-6 car gap between all cars on the grid.

5.3 Formation:

All cars must form up with odds on the left and evens on the right.

Pit Stops

Tyre Rules
There will be 2 tyre compounds used in the race. Soft and medium (A wet weather race will be declared if the surface water is over 25%)

Pit Window
During all the races there will be a Pit Stop Window This will be from 15 minutes to 25 minutes. Once the clock reaches 26 minutes, the pits will be closed apart from emergency repairs. If you pit outside of the Pit stop window you will receive a 30 second penalty.

Pit Entry/Exit Lines

There are solid white lines on the Entry and Exit to the pits. When a driver makes their pit stop they must remain on the left side of those lines when entering or exiting the Track into pit lane

Incident reports
There is a mandatory incident report that MUST be submitted after every race event. There is time limit of 48 hours to submit, any late or none submitted will receive a time penalty of 30 seconds.

Text box and headsets

They can be used during practice, but as soon as qualifying has started we will be under race conditions and there will be a 10 sec penalty for anyone with a headset on or use of the text box.

Pausing to avoid damage

This is completely forbidden in any CORE event and a penalty will be applied to anyone caught using it. It is deemed as cheating and will not be accepted under race conditions.
Room Settings

Room Settings:

Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: Standard
Fixed Room: No

Qualifier Settings:
Format: Race Together
Start Type: Pit Start
Time Limit: 15 Minutes

Race Settings:
Hold Events Automatically: Disabled
Start Type: Grid Start (Manual Rolling Start)
Grid Order: Race 1 – Qualifying Order / Race 2 – Previous Race Results
Boost: Off
Penalty: None
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: 90 seconds
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Slipstream Strength: Real

Timetable

7:00 PM ACDT – Room Open

7:40PM ACDT – Spec Check

7:45PM ACDT – Qualifying

8:00 PM ACDT – Race 1 (40 Mins)

8:40 PM ACDT – Race 1 Finish

9:00 PM ACDT – Race 2 (40 Mins)

9:40 PM ACDT – Race 2 Finish

Last edited:
Hah I didn't even get a notification that memto replied on the thread...

No, you can choose to race the Schulze or the Base Model if you wish. Which one would you like to use?

Also I will holding a practice lobby tonight at 7pm ACDT. I would like to see everyone there as I want to do a few practice runs with rolling starts so that everyone understands what we are doing with them. I'll be including a written explanation of them in the drivers briefing that will be up later this afternoon as well.
Haha oh dear, giving me a choice is a bad idea lol. I might go with base so I can use my colours :).

Also should be able to make it to practice. ACDT only 30mins behind AEST hey?

Haha oh dear, giving me a choice is a bad idea lol. I might go with base so I can use my colours :).

Sounds good, I'll put you down for the base model.

Also should be able to make it to practice. ACDT only 30mins behind AEST hey?

Yeah its SA time which is only 30 mins behind AEST. I accidentally wrote the Daylight Savings savings time zone! :lol:

Note for All Drivers

I will be absent for Round 1 as I am going on a week long holiday that I had planned before the dates were set. In my absence, @Heathenpride will be the room host and keep an eye over proceedings. Following that though, I will be hosting the remaining 8 rounds.

Tonight's Practice Room

The practice room is now open in the 'CORE Online Racing official' community club.

Sorry mate bit caught up with dinner and that with the mrs. How long is the session going to run for?

Apologies I was a no show, the mrs wanted my attention for the night lol. Was itching for a session but oh well. I'm familiar with rolling starts so it won't be a huge surprise to me :). Hope those who attended had a good night!

Apologies I was a no show, the mrs wanted my attention for the night lol. Was itching for a session but oh well. I'm familiar with rolling starts so it won't be a huge surprise to me :). Hope those who attended had a good night!

I completely understand, we didn't end up doing any practice starts but I know you'll be fine as you've had experience doing them. As long as everyone shows patience and waits for the green I think we shouldn't have any issues.

Back