CORE | Australian V8 Supercars / Season FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1,111 comments
Sorry guys for being absent, had to deal with problems outwith virtual, also Ps3 has packed in and I am unable to continue, I have moved to pcars so if you are running a series on there I will definitely be interested, again sorry for my absence

Sorry guys for being absent, had to deal with problems outwith virtual, also Ps3 has packed in and I am unable to continue, I have moved to pcars so if you are running a series on there I will definitely be interested, again sorry for my absence

That sucks to hear, bad luck about the ps3 packing in. I have project cars as well, so maybe I'll see you on there at some point. I've heard that there is at least the Ford v8supercar coming to project cars, so who knows what will happen for next season.

Finally I am able to confirm the full details of the CORE Australian V8 Supercar Endurance cup which will take place over the 3 rounds on September 13, October 4 and October 25. Which is in the spoiler below.

Drivers already competing in the series, make sure you start finding a co-driver to compete with. And teams looking to join the series for these 3 rounds, get your entries in quick as there are not many spaces available!

Any driver who has competed in 6 or less rounds before the Endurance cup starts will be eligible to compete as a 'co-driver' I will be posting a full list of eligible co-drivers later today.

CORE Australian V8 Supercar Endurance Cup

1. Introduction

The CORE Australian V8 Supercar Endurance Cup will take place over 3 Rounds as part of the CORE Australian V8 Supercar Championship. The Endurance Cup is aimed to be a replica of the real life Pirtek Endurance Cup in the V8 Supercar Series, with the 3 rounds taking place at the High Speed Ring (Sandown), Bathurst and Monaco (Gold Coast). All 3 Events will require drivers to find a Co-Driver to team up with and compete in a team.

2. Cars

2.1.The cars used will be the same 5 cars being used in the 2015 CORE Australian V8 Supercar Series, using the following Specifications. Engine Tuning, Turbo Kits and Superchargers are only permitted unless specified for the car.

on8SiD.jpg

2.2.All cars will be required to run with Racing Computer and all exhaust and intake modifications.

2.3.The following cars must have these exact Aero Kits, Flat Floors and Rear Wings installed. All rear wings are purchased through the Rear Wing section of the Custom Parts store.

BMW M3 - Aero Kit Type A / Flat Floor / Special Wing Type A
Ford Mustang - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Generic Wing C
Mercedes C63 - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Special Wing Type B
Lexus IS-F - Aero Kit Type A / Flat Floor / Generic Wing Type C
Chevrolet Camaro - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Generic Wing Type C

2.4.The following tyres are permitted to be used:

Racing : Medium
Racing: Intermediate
Racing: Wet

3. Races

Round 1

High Speed Ring 500
1 x 125 Lap Race (Free Run Race)
September 13

Round 2
Bathurst 1000
1 x 161 Lap Race (Free Run Race)
October 4

Round 3
Monaco 600
2 x 45 Lap Races (CORE WEC Format)
October 25

4. Race Formats

4.1.High Speed Ring 500 and Bathurst 1000

4.1.1. Qualifying: A time trial session will be made available the week before the race. Each driver will be allowed 1 attempt at a qualifying session. The best lap time for each team will count towards their qualifying result. The grid will then be set in order of the teams fastest qualifying laps.

4.1.2. Race Night: All cars will be required in pit lane 10 minutes before the warm up lap is set to begin. If drivers leave the track after this time they will be made to start the race in pitlane. Failure to start in pitlane in this case will result in further penalties. At this point the pitlane will then be opened 5 minutes before the warmup lap begins, with all drivers required to line up in their starting position. Drivers will then begin their warm up lap at the scheduled time and return to their starting positions. Once the last car takes its position on the grid a 10 second countdown will begin with the race starting on the starters command.

4.1.3. Driver Changes: Only 1 Driver per car will be allowed in the room at a time. Exemptions will be made for drivers who are also acting in official roles throughout the race.

4.1.4. Driver Change Procedure:

Driver 1 Enters Pit Lane
Driver 1 Post 'DC' or 'Driver Change' to alert Lap Scorer that they are changing drivers
Driver 1 Exits Track
Driver 1 Leaves Room
Driver 2 Enters Room
Driver 2 Enters Track

4.1.5. Race Finish: There will be an official who will be keeping track of the laps completed. When the lead car begins the final lap, the official will post a message alerting everyone that the leader has started the final lap, along with the race leaders Car Number. When the leader crosses the finish line. The official will announce that the leader has finished the race and all other drivers will complete the lap they are on, stop on the bridge after turn 2, then take their final stint photo and wait for officials instructions before they can leave the track.

4.2.Monaco 600

4.2.1. Lobbies: The Monaco 600 will run in 2 separate lobbies. Each driver can only take part in 1 lobby, which cannot be the same lobby as the Co-Driver.

4.2.2. Race Times: Lobby 1 will take place at the normal race time of 7:30 PM Adelaide Time. Lobby 2 will take place at 7:30 PM London Time.

4.2.3. Qualifying: Lobby 1 will have a short 10 minute qualifying session before the start of each race. The starting positions for races in the 2nd lobby will be the finishing order of the races in Lobby 1

4.2.4. Races: Both races will be set up as ordinary races, with grid starts.

4.2.5. Results: The combined Laps Completed and Finishing Times in Races 1 in Lobby 1 & 2 and Race 2 in Lobby 1 & 2 will be used to determine the final results of Races 1 & 2 respectively.

5. Incident Reports

5.1.High Speed Ring 500 and Bathurst 1000:

5.1.1. Any incidents that occur during the either of the 2 races must be reported as soon as reasonably possible.

5.2.Monaco 600:

5.2.1. Normal Incident report rules apply, all Incident reports must be submitted within 48 hours of the completion of an event.

6. Points

6.1.The standard points system for the CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship will apply.

6.2.Points will be distributed towards the 2014 CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship for drivers only in the races they compete in.

6.3.For the purpose of the Endurance Cup, all drivers score points for the Car with all drivers being credited with points for the entire Endurance Cup.

7. Sign Ups and Teams

7.1.Anyone who can make the scheduled times is welcome to sign up.

7.2.Each car is allowed a maximum of 3 drivers across the 3 events. This allows all teams an equal opportunity to have every team take part in all races with drivers that can be available for all races.

7.3.Both Local and Network teams are permitted.

7.4.Any driver who has competed in more than 6 rounds before the Endurance Cup begins will be classed as a full time driver, and will be required to form a team with a co-driver who has not completed more than 6 rounds.

7.5.Co Drivers and new teams are required to fill out the Sign Up form on the CORE Online Racing website and make a post on the forum either entering with a team or as a co-driver looking for a team.

7.6.Teams which have signed up as full time competitors in the series will be automatically entered in the Endurance Cup.

7.7.All full time CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship drivers will be guaranteed a grid position in all 3 rounds.

7.8.Wildcard teams have 3 options in their entry to the Endurance Cup:

7.8.1. Full Endurance Cup Entry: Allowed to compete in all 3 rounds.
7.8.2. Free Run Entry: Allowed to compete in the High Speed Ring 500 and Bathurst 1000.
7.8.3. Bathurst 1000 Entry: Allowed to compete in only the Bathurst 1000.

7.9.In the event that the grid capacity is reached, organisers reserve the right to allow certain teams to pair full time drivers in order to give all teams an opportunity to race.

7.9.1. In the event that teams will be allowed to pair full time drivers, the teams with the lowest number of combined points will be given first option to pair up.

8. Driving Regulations

8.1.Each driver must complete a minimum of 33% + 1 Lap of the race distance in the High Speed Ring and Bathurst races. (HSR 500 - 42 Laps & Bathurst - 54 Laps)

8.2.A driver cannot drive for any longer than 2 hours at one time.

9. Rules

9.1.It is a requirement that all drivers have read and understood all rules outlined in the CORE Online Racing Rules and Regulations. http://www.coreonlineracing.com/#!rules-and-regulations/cezt

9.2.All rules and regulations part of the CORE Australian V8 Supercar Endurance Cup are subject to change at any time. These changes will be made with the intentions of providing everyone with the most enjoyable experience possible.

10. Grid Capacities

cto59C.png

The following, is a list of drivers who have competed in the CORE Australian V8Supercar Series and are eligible to be enlisted as a Co-Driver.

@justquality @evildragonxxl @addylizard @lxmmy @Whitetail @fullgas62 @itsLynxy @Cobra75 @Play117

Eligible Co-Drivers.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure if @Glenalz81 has done anything 'official' about it, but I was planning on being his co-driver for the enduro's, hence why I got tagged in some stuff at the start of the season but haven't been around since. 👍

I'm not sure if @Glenalz81 has done anything 'official' about it, but I was planning on being his co-driver for the enduro's, hence why I got tagged in some stuff at the start of the season but haven't been around since. 👍
I think @Glenalz81 quit the series mate.. Bettet have a chat with him about it

Yes, I can confirm, that Reaper Racing's entry for the endurance cup has been made official. I will add a entry list for the teams which will who have confirmed their line ups to me in the next couple of days.
Going to be fun racing with you again m8 :)

Cobra, is it safe to assume that play and yourself will be teaming up?

Yes, I can confirm, that Reaper Racing's entry for the endurance cup has been made official. I will add a entry list for the teams which will who have confirmed their line ups to me in the next couple of days.

Cobra, is it safe to assume that play and yourself will be teaming up?
We haven't talked about it yet, I can't do all the races so we have to see. I will give you a answer in the next few days... Vacation times you know ;)

Decided to post my Camaro setup for Bathurst for anyone who would like a base to start on, remember I'm on a controller so there may need to be some adjustments for wheel users.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/core-v8-supercars-camaro-ss.1740/

Thanks for that, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will find it very useful.

Has anyone approached you to be a co-driver yet? If not I'll just let everyone know that Whitetail is definitely a driver you will want to partner for the endurance races!

Thanks for that, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will find it very useful.

Has anyone approached you to be a co-driver yet? If not I'll just let everyone know that Whitetail is definitely a driver you will want to partner for the endurance races!
Yeah I apologize but for personal and time zone reasons I'll have to decline any offers to be a co-driver. I wish you all the best of luck.

Also, if you do try my tunes I'd appreciate it if you left a critique/rating. :)

My Phil Walsh Tribute livery didn't even get a mention :(:(:P

But, It was definitely some good viewing, unfortunately I went the wrong about creating some of that action though. Hopefully next week at Deep Forest, I can change that and help create some exciting racing, without the crashes!

I should have the drivers briefing ready to go tomorrow sometime to give everyone a chance to prepare for the round next week. I will also be holding a practice session on Sunday Night, 7PM ACST for anyone who wants to join in and run some practice laps in a group environment before the event.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing as many drivers as possible joining me on the track next Sunday. I hope some of you havent become to addicted to project cars in the break and decided not to come back to GT6 :P

My Phil Walsh Tribute livery didn't even get a mention :(:(:P

But, It was definitely some good viewing, unfortunately I went the wrong about creating some of that action though. Hopefully next week at Deep Forest, I can change that and help create some exciting racing, without the crashes!

I should have the drivers briefing ready to go tomorrow sometime to give everyone a chance to prepare for the round next week. I will also be holding a practice session on Sunday Night, 7PM ACST for anyone who wants to join in and run some practice laps in a group environment before the event.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing as many drivers as possible joining me on the track next Sunday. I hope some of you havent become to addicted to project cars in the break and decided not to come back to GT6 :P
My livery got a mention at 5:00 to go

Drivers Briefing

Deep_Forest.jpg

Circuit: Deep Forrest (Reverse)
Races: 3
Laps: 14
Qualifying: 1 x 10 mins
Circuit Time: N/A
Weather: N/A

@Killing Heidi @fullgas62 @SAI SANTOSH @justquality @gtpcaine @addylizard @memto89 @itsLynxy @Cobra75 @Play117 @DZITEZ @evildragonxxl

Pit Entry / Exits

There are solid white lines on the pit entry and exit that drivers must stay inside when pitting.

Track Limits

The concrete apron on the exit of Turn 11/ Turn 12 will be monitored, with a 3 strike policy taking place in each race. Drivers who cross this and gain an advantage 3 Times will see a 30 second penalty applied to their race time.

Incident Reports

For this round we will be trialing a new method for incident reports. Which is aimed at making participation in the series a little more simpler and enjoyable. Incident reports will no longer be mandatory. However, if there is an incident and you want it to be looked at, or you wish to explain your version of events you will need to submit an incident report. All reports will still need to submitted within 48 hours of the race.

Practice Rooms

There will be a practice room running on Sunday Night at 7PM ACST.

Round 8 Schedule

All times are ACST (Adelaide)

6:30 pm - Room Opens
7:20 pm - All cars on track for Spec Checking
7:30 pm - Qualifying Session (10 Mins)
7:40 pm - Race 1 Starts (14 Laps)
8:00 pm - Race 1 Finishes
8:10 pm - Race 2 Starts (14 Laps)
8:30 pm - Race 2 Finishes
8:40 pm - Race 3 Starts (14 Laps)
9:00 pm - Race 3 Finishes

CORE Australian V8Supercars Round 9 - Deep Forest (Reverse)
Sunday August 29 - 6:30PM ACST
Driver/No./Car
1. ItzRacing / #95 / Lexus

Driver/No./Car
2. Killing-Heidi / #4 / Camaro

Driver/No./Car
3. Cobra75 / #52 / BMW

Update - Endurance Cup Entry Lists

Below are the entry lists for the confirmed teams competing in the CORE Australian V8Supercar Endurance Cup.

HSR Entry List.png

Bathurst Entry List.png

Monaco Entry List.png

Driver/No./Car
3. Cobra75 / #52 / BMW
4. DZITEZ / #27 / Camaro

Driver/No./Car
3. Cobra75 / #52 / BMW
4. DZITEZ / #27 / Camaro
5.itsLynxy / #88/ BMW

Driver/No./Car
3. Cobra75 / #52 / BMW
4. DZITEZ / #27 / Camaro
5.itsLynxy / #88/ BMW
6. Play117 / #51 / BMW

I have a special announcement to make regarding the Endurance Cup in the next few days, stay tuned for more details.

Meanwhile, what is everyone's impressions on this weeks track and what lap times is everyone doing so far?

Back