CORE | Australian V8 Supercars / Season FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1,111 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
CBWHUs.jpg

Fygpsm.jpg
All Cars will be permitted to have Sports Computers, Exhaust and Intake Upgrades installed. Unless specified for the car, additional Engine Tuning, Superchargers and Turbo's are not permitted unless stated in OP.

Aero.jpg

All car must have these exact Aero Kits, Flat Floors and Rear Wings installed. All rear wings are purchased through the Rear Wing section of the Custom Parts store.

BMW M3 - Aero Kit Type A / Flat Floor / Special Wing Type A

IMG_0781.JPG

Chevrolet Camaro - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Generic Wing Type C

IMG_0778.JPG

Ford Mustang - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Generic Wing C

IMG_0772.JPG

Lexus IS-F - Aero Kit Type A / Flat Floor / Generic Wing Type C

IMG_0783.JPG

Mercedes C63 - Aero Kit Type B / Flat Floor / Special Wing Type B

IMG_0775.JPG

A manufacturer will not be allowed to represent more than 34% of the entries in a series.

If a manufacturer represents less than 15% of the field then that car must be selected before all other cars are made available.

Tyres.jpg

Only 3 Types of Racing Tyres are permitted to be used.

Racing: Medium
Racing: Intermediate
Racing: Wet

Wheels:

All cars will be required to have standard size wheels. This still allows everyone to select custom wheels and have them painted in the chosen colours.

Round 1 – Madrid 500 (Super Street)

Circuito de Madrid (Reverse)

2 x 37 Lap Races – March 15

Round 2 – Monza Super Sprint

Monza GP

3 x 9 Lap Races – March 29

Round 3 – California Super Sprint

Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway

3 x 14 Lap Races – April 12

Round 4 – London Super Sprint

Brands Hatch GP Circuit

3 x 13 Lap Races – May 10

Round 5 – British V8 TT (Super Sprint)

Silverstone GP Circuit

3 x 9 Lap Races – May 17

Round 6 – German Super Sprint

Nurburgring GP/F Circuit

3 x 10 Lap Races – May 31

Round 7 – Grand Valley Triple Crown (Super Sprint)

Grand Valley East (Reverse)

3 x 17 Lap Races – June 14

Round 8 –Tokyo 400 (Super Street)

Tokyo R246

2 x 20 Lap Races – July 5

WINTER BREAK

Round 9 – Queensland 150 (Super Sprint)

Deep Forest Raceway (Reverse)

3 x 14 Lap Races – August 30

Pirtek Enduro Cup (Rounds 10 -12)

Round 10 – High Speed Ring 500 (Enduro)

High Speed Ring

1 x 125 Lap Race – September 13

Round 11 – Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 (Enduro)

Mt Panorama Circuit

1 x 161 Lap Race – October 4

Round 12 – Castrol Edge Monaco 600 (Enduro)

Cote d’Azur

TBC – October 25

Round 13 – Tsukuba Super Sprint

Tsukuba Circuit

3 x 25 Lap Races – November 8

Round 14 – Spa Super Sprint

Spa Francorchamps GP Circuit

3 x 8 Lap Races – November 22

Round 15 – Rome 500 (Super Street)

Circuito di Roma

2 x 36 Lap Races – December 6

Race Night Schedule

All times in South Australian Time (ACDT/AEST)

Room Open - 7:00 PM

Start of Qualifying - 7:30 PM

Start of Race 1 - 7:40 PM (Approx)

Following races to take place 10 minutes following the previous race.

Round Eligibility

Places in the field for each round will be assigned as follows:

Places 1-10: Drivers ranked in the top 10 of the championship who have complete Pre-Qualifying.

Places 11-15: The 5 drivers ranked outside of the top 10 in Pre-Qualifying.

Places 16: Person who is recording races for CORE TV

In the event that the person recording the races for CORE TV is in the field for the round, then the 16th place in the round will be assigned to the next fastest car that did not qualify.

If any drivers in the top 10 are unable to take part in a round then their place will be made available to the next fastest driver in Pre-Qualifying.

Drivers can qualify to compete in each round in 2 ways:

1. Be ranked in the Top 10 in the Series Drivers’ Standings and have taken part in Pre-Qualifying for the upcoming round
  2. Be one of the fastest drivers in Pre-Qualifying.

Points.jpg

Points Table.jpg

Note: Incident Reports will be required to be submitted within 48 hours of the conclusion of each round. A 30 second penalty will apply towards any driver who fails to submit an incident report.

Incident reports are to be submitted at the following link:
http://www.coreonlineracing.com/#!incident-reports/c1vs3

Attachments

• Cars.jpg
    Cars.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
sj29.jpg

CORE Australian V8 Supercar Series Coverage

Round 1 - Circito de Madrid - Madrid 500

Round 2 - Monza GP Circuit - Monza Super Sprint

Round 3 - Laguna Seca - California Super Sprint

Round 4 - Brands Hatch - London Super Sprint

Round 5 - Silverstone GP - British V8 Tourist Trophy

Round 6 - Nurburgring GP - German Super Sprint

Last edited:
Hello CORE RACING--my friends are willing to join the series -----so do add these guys to Turismo racing driver line up tq----
PSN- GTP_Account name- Name
octimuscrime1- Justquality- Philip Gonzalez
Scotty8646- Scotty8646- Scott Sutherland
GTP_HAMILTONR- HAMILTONR- Rob Hamilton
CAr No. TBC: )
We will discuss abt the car's selection and let u know shortly

Apologies to everyone, I've been competing in the Australian Championships with my real race car, so I wasnt able to reply until now.

Hello CORE RACING--my friends are willing to join the series -----so do add these guys to Turismo racing driver line up tq----
PSN- GTP_Account name- Name
octimuscrime1- Justquality- Philip Gonzalez
Scotty8646- Scotty8646- Scott Sutherland
GTP_HAMILTONR- HAMILTONR- Rob Hamilton
CAr No. TBC: )
We will discuss abt the car's selection and let u know shortly

Thanks for the interest and I'm glad to have yourself and Turismo Racing on board. We were planning to place a limit of 3 drivers per a car. With that in mind, I am sure that 4 Turismo Racing drivers would like to be in the same car and be able to share setup knowledge with each other, so I will be willing to make an exception to accomodate for a 4 car team.

I'll add them to the entry list right away! :)

All the races are in the CORE calendar, they are 8:30am-10:30am start time (depending on GMT-BST)

The calendar image is hyperlinked to the website ;)

http://www.coreonlineracing.com/#!calendar/c23vn

Yeah, races will be Sunday Night at 7:30 PM (South Australian) Time which works out to be an early-mid morning start for the Europeans and those in the Americas can decide whether they stay up a little later or wake up a little earlier!

I might be up for this, but 15 rounds is a lot. Not sure if I can commit to maybe half the season.

That's okay, you are more than welcome to take part in a either a reserve role or even just join up and compete when you can. I understand that people may have other commitments and a number of drivers may be missing at one or more races, myself included. So we definitely won't hold a gun to your head and tell you that you must be at all rounds! :P

OP Has now been updated with full car specifications outlining what Engine parts are permitted to be used, the Aero Kits and Rear Wings required for each car and the permitted Tyres. All drivers competing, please make sure you thoroughly read the opening post and ensure that your cars comply with these specifications.

The entry list is now updated with the order for car selection. This order has been established based on the order in which the first team member signed up, with @Mike_grpA being the first sign up.

I'll turn some laps tonight and me, you and mt can decide which car we will use.

Can I ask why we will be forced to use only one tyre compound? Won't that take away any chance for different strategies in the enduros?

I'll turn some laps tonight and me, you and mt can decide which car we will use.

Can I ask why we will be forced to use only one tyre compound? Won't that take away any chance for different strategies in the enduros?

Yes, that might take away the strategy element, but you will find everyone will just go with the softest tyre available and go fast enough that the hard tyre won't be able to be used well enough. Also, in real life they only have one tyre compound available at Bathurst and there never seems to be a lack of excitement with strategy. :)

Ok fair enough, I would have been against using softs, as they're just overkill for these cars, but I would've been open to having medium and hard available, even if people won't use the hard, someone might make it work if they do enough testing and find a way to use it to their advantage lol. Anyway, it doesn't bother me either way.

medium compounds are the next best alternative----if u don't want softs.For the quali---we can stick with medium--for the race---RH tyres----will be fine

We're using mediums as the control tyre, with inters and full wets the only exceptions. An announcement on PrideTEC's entry will be coming in the next couple of days, we're just waiting on a member of the team to make sure we all agree on which car we will be using. :)

medium compounds are the next best alternative----if u don't want softs.For the quali---we can stick with medium--for the race---RH tyres----will be fine

We did have a bit of a discussion amongst the CORE team and the conclusion was that the RM's were the best fit for the series. They definitely take the grip away and give you that 'V8 Supercar' feel that all the drivers talk about the cars having in the real world. A lot of other series are run with Softs, so its good to have something different as well! :)

Yeah, like I said, Softs would be overkill. Using the mediums will put a premium on smooth inputs from the drivers, and with damage on, clean racing will be the order of the day.

We did have a bit of a discussion amongst the CORE team and the conclusion was that the RM's were the best fit for the series. They definitely take the grip away and give you that 'V8 Supercar' feel that all the drivers talk about the cars having in the real world. A lot of other series are run with Softs, so its good to have something different as well! :)
Mod Edit: Yes---I meant the same point----Rm give's you the feel. :d

Last edited by a moderator:
PrideTEC Motorsports would like to announce that its 3 drivers, Mtla1984, Mike_grpA and ItzRacing will using the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 to compete in this years CORE Australian V8Supercar Championship.

Last edited:
Write more about race weekend format, time schedule and limit of drivers/teams?

I believe the team limit is 3, but can be stretched to 4 in special circumstances,

Most race weekends are 1 qualifying and 3 races. The remaining 2 races will start in the order in which the previous race finished I believe

Back