CORE Nurburgring 24 Hours 2016Open 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 220 comments
Cheers Memto, nearly good enough for pole in the middle of the race!
Any chance of an AJ style Stint Analysis so we can pull apart the race and try to reverse engineer the results at each stage? I'm very keen to see how MWM trended through the event, as I am certain that the guys would agree we drove a much better 2nd half than 1st half. (Although this probably got offset by less connection issues in the 2nd half, who knows!)

Can we have fastest laps on that chart?

would love to know fastest wet laps as well

Cheers Memto, nearly good enough for pole in the middle of the race!
Any chance of an AJ style Stint Analysis so we can pull apart the race and try to reverse engineer the results at each stage? I'm very keen to see how MWM trended through the event, as I am certain that the guys would agree we drove a much better 2nd half than 1st half. (Although this probably got offset by less connection issues in the 2nd half, who knows!)

You guys don't ask for much :P

To be honest, The stint analysis is going to be near on impossible as the local teams never informed me who was in the car at what points. So I basically have nothing to do their stint analysis, although I could probably do an analysis of fastest laps.

Obviously these are things I can learn on if I do anything else like this in the future and improve the processes we use.

The stint analysis doesn't have to indicate driver, as I said I was hoping to just track pitstops and roughly work out who was where at certain times, so I can break down the results and see what we did right and what we did wrong. The times of rain for example would have brought everyone to the pitlane at roughly the same times, so could provide very useful marker points, as well as the red flag period.
I understand that is a whole lot of work, I'll happily swim through a sea of photos to build progress report of how the race was going at every hour, with 3 lap stints in the dry you can just about always reverse engineer to the hour results, only the last 6 hours or so when the 6 lap stints happened it gets a bit guess-work-y. The Hour 1 update is nice and easy - everyone has 6 laps, only 23 more to go!

So for analysis purposes I built a calculator that worked out how much time a team/driver had lost over a race/stint in order to develop efficiency metrics and key areas of optimisation.
This lead me to motto of "Stay safe don't crash" as all my data showed unforced pitstops were a bigger race killer than any other metric.
I have applied this efficiency calculator to the 23 hours and 10 minutes of green flag running, and assuming that 7:50 dry lap times were achieved, and 9:00 laptimes were achieved for every lap, and it tells me that to have completed 166 laps a team would have had to have lost only 82 seconds to those optimal laptimes through tyre wear, spins, damage and extra pitstops.
I therefore find that 166 laps as the winning total is rather implausible, especially considering nobody ran a 9:00 in full wet and 7:50s were not achieved until the 4th hour of the race.

I now would very much like to see race stint analysis and/or stint pictures in order to determine the correct winning number of laps, assuming that the same team is indeed still the winner.

With the help of all teams participating, who very kindly sent me their stint photos and dealt with my confusion at various stages, we've been able to compile most of the hourly updates (I need to go back in and back time a few laps in order to get all the position deltas up to scratch) and also make sense of the compensation system.
The 2 systems that were suggested provide the same results (GHH pending), but they change how close the race result ended up being.
The Stint Analysis still requires GHH's photos, and a lot of computation on disconnects, then we can finally have a full analysis of the race including fastest laps in dry, damp and wet conditions.

Thanks again to all the teams and team managers who facilitated this analysis, and congratulations to Top Notch Racing, Reaper Online Racing and Concrete Climax Racing (1) for their podium results.

Attachments

• 2016 CORE N24 Hourly Updates.xlsx
    19.1 KB · Views: 72
Been a busy couple weeks with a lot on so I have not said much since the race.

A huge congratulations to all who participated and to the victors go the spoils!

the GHH/CCR rivalry continues and @memto89 and @jonnyb1990 win this round! Good job lads, you drove well and consistently and for those newer teams take note because that's how you win these.

GHH look forward to our next battle with CCR and also with all you other teams :)

Until next time!

HP

It's still technically today! (Just)
The 2016 CORE Nuburgring 24 hours;
Stint Analysis,
Hourly Updates,
Race Classification,
Classification by driver,
Classification by Fastest Laps (Driver/Team) (Wet/Dry).

(Naturally I triple checked after posting and found 1 more error)
EDIT - @Whitetail reporting that (obviously) you would require Excel 2007 to view my files, so here is a jpeg of final classification for Mac users.

Attachments

• 2016 Core N24 Stint Analysis_Complete.xlsx
    132 KB · Views: 31
  • 2016_CORE_N24_Final-Classification.png
    2016_CORE_N24_Final-Classification.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Stint Analysis,
Hourly Updates,
Race Classification,

Is that with or without lap compensation?

With.
You can see the compensation being calculated in each segment of the stint analysis when disconnects occurred.
The classification without any form of compensation would be:

Team, Laps, Time DC'd
RoR - 160
DART - 156 (27:35)
TNR - 156 (1:04:47)
CCR1 - 156 (44:56)
MWM - 154
REST - 150
GTMX - 149 (1:19:36)
CCR2 - 145 (54:54)
GHH - 130 (4:33:38)

Stint Analysis,
Hourly Updates,
Race Classification,

EDIT - @Whitetail reporting that (obviously) you would require Excel 2007 to view my files, so here is a jpeg of final classification for Mac users.
:bowdown:

Right just to explain things, I'd been through the results of every team except CCR's 3-4 times before I posted those results and they were 100% spot on after the lap compensations were completed. The problem we have had with CCR's lap scoring is that quite honestly the stint photos are litterally spread out into every conceivable place that they could be posted. To quote @TDZdave "future archaeologists are going to find them in some weird and unusual places." and I'm pretty sure when I was on twitter the other day I saw someone had retweeted a stint photo from CCR! As a result I had to actually sit down and make a skype call with one of the CCR member and we scrolled through the stint pics and joined all the dots up with compensation laps. The error I made in the caluclations was that in one of the lengthy disconnections i gave CCR 2 sets of 3 laps as compesation when it should have been one (CCR now on 163 laps). The 2nd instance was an extra lap was added to another stint, where CCR disconnected but returned to the track 4 minutes early (Now on 162 laps). The final mistake was the next stint where they jumped out of the lobby to fix their connection, I also accidentally gave them a lap which wasn't there. This now drops them to 161 laps. That now fixes the issue of CCR's laps. Now i'll move onto the rest of the revised race results. With CCR being the first car picked up, it just conveniently worked that if they had won the race, everyone completed their laps and were scored correctly. The issue we now had, (which is a minor one) is that TNR were in the middle of the pack behind the safety car. So to make sure the results are more accurately reflected as if it would be in real life with proper timing, all cars which were stopped in front of TNR behind the safety car have been credited with completing the lap they were on sitting behind the safety car, with 9 minutes added on to the race total. These results are now final and the positions are correct.

Final Standings.png

Congratulations to Top Notch Racing on taking the win. In all honesty, the first 3 cars all drove a consistent and fast race and all would have been worthy winners.

CCR 2 sets of 3 laps as compesation when it should have been one (CCR now on 163 laps).

The 2nd instance was an extra lap was added to another stint, where CCR disconnected but returned to the track 4 minutes early (Now on 162 laps).

The final mistake was the next stint where they jumped out of the lobby to fix their connection, I also accidentally gave them a lap which wasn't there. This now drops them to 161 laps.

That now fixes the issue of CCR's laps.

Your results table shows that CCR have completed 162 laps? Mistake. Again.

As for the "wave around" all cars in front of TNR were given a wave around? RoR were behind. Realise this isn't the best argument for RoR, but as Stigs hourly breakdowns show RoR were leading when the Safety car took to the track so your crediting cars with laps and times incorrectly.

As the first car to cross the line was CCR when the chequered flag and they weren't the winners theres no set of results you can show me where they finished on the lead lap. This would have resulted in them being the winners.

But anyhows if your not willing to show your analysis as Stigs has I know which set of results I'm leaning towards as being more credible.

Your results may be final but as the teams can show you your results are wrong.

Disgruntled rono.

Back