CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
What were today's result in GTE?
These were the differences after all cars had passed the line.
2014-11-09 02.10.21.jpg

Really fun race today. Took pole, early lead with memto stressing me from behind. Memto and Chozza crash and I have a comfortable lead in 40 minutes.

Rain starts, I stay out until it's close to 50%, decides to pit in.. mess up the entry to the pits, as does memto ahead of me (or actually almost a lap behind). Have to crawl a lap on slicks while the wetness increases to close to 100. Pits on to wets and a full tank of fuel, loses lead.

Corvette turns out to be horrible in wet so I drive in fifth and sixth all lap which gave me consistent times round 1:41-1:44 (Best was 1:40.817). Manage to catch and pass NearFear and then when fuel goes in to red I decide to pit for new wets (percentage have just gone up to 100% again after a dip down to 95). After two or three laps it starts to dry for real and I have to make another pit stop.

Still safely in the lead, only worrying about the slightly wet off line and lapping cars, Glen lose control and slam in to the back of me. Double rear damage. I try to drive with it but finally decides to pit instead of risking it all. Comes out in the lead and finish 18 seconds ahead of Memto.

Oh dear, rain. :scared: I will just have to wing it then, all I have is a recycled dry setup from Motegi.

Anyways, looking to have 30 minute stints (kinda) with lap times in the 1'16s. My fastest lap was a 1'15.8 in the 41 laps of practice I managed to get today.

What is the likelihood of rain? Also, how many laps did you do @Ninners? This race tomorrow is going to be a really sketchy one for me as I'll have distractions all around. I just hope to get a podium in race and get last place points to secure 2nd place in points. (3rd if you split Nin and Zovo)

Forgot I wasn't even scheduled to race today. :dopey:

Might still end up not racing tomorrow. Losing interest in GT6.

btw ignore my finishing result, I am a none points scoring wild card entry, and if anyone fancies doing it tonight your more than welcome after all, its the end of the season

Sorry folks but I'm not going to be racing tonight. I have done no laps here before today and I would basically be a dangerous mobile chicane. Thanks to all, it's been a fun championship.

Latest Posts

Back