CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
United Kingdom
Coventry
memto89

syb5.jpg

Welcome to CORE WEC Season 3. The Pinnacle of multi class racing on Gran truismo 6

*Images are hyperlinked*

sj29.jpg

aar5.jpg

Signup
Now the season is underway, reserve sports are available along with team spots if a team drops out.

Multiple Lounge Team Structure

In order to implement this, and increase the flexibility of the series, scheduled weeks there will be a race on Saturday 20:00 GMT and Sunday 21:00 GMT, with 16 drivers in each of the two events. Teams are required to enter a driver into each race night. Drivers are not required to compete in the same time slot for every round, and the assignment of drivers will be left to the team’s discretion.

Manufacturers per Class
As part of the additional championships, each class will be made up of manufacturers with two cars from each. This shouldn’t affect the variety of the field but will add an extra element to the competition and possibly to race strategy depending on how closely fought the standings become.

How the championships work

· Drivers

Drivers points will be handed out as a combination of the teams efforts and the place that the team finishes.

· Manufactures
Cars are broken up into teams of 2 cars, points will be awarded to the highest placed car in the field.

· Teams
Teams will be competing for teams championship which is finishing place of the team in the field. Different to the drivers championship as we understand some drivers will not be able to make every race.

· Overall
To add competition across the classes, an overall championship will be in place where LMP and GTE will fight for top spot. This will be taken from driver standings.

· Class
With Multi Class racing there is always a separate championship. We will run GTE and LMP championships which will be taken from team points.​

7ul6.jpg

*Click Image for rules.

sbbf.jpg

43op.jpg

t401.jpg

vauj.jpg

v7fy.jpg
wu7q.jpg

7ul6.jpg

09wi.jpg
Teams are formed of a combination of driver ratings. All drivers will be conducted to a grading race where they will compete to obtain either a Bronze (1 point), Silver (2 points) or Gold (3 points) category. When it has been established what grade the driver is they can go on to form a team.

Teams in GTE will be formed of 4 points for GTE and 5 points for LMP

7ul6.jpg

Class: LMP
Car: Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Team: Buster Hyman Engineering [BHE]
Driver 1: @redbullrider20
Driver 2: @MC CAULEY

7ul6.jpg

Car: Peugeot 908
Team: Ice Cold Racing [ICR]
Driver 1: @Mini Stiggy
Driver 2: @TexasTyme214

7ul6.jpg

Car: Pescarolo C60 Hybride
Team: All Star Racing [ASR]
Driver 1: @Izzyracer97
Driver 2: @fortbo

7ul6.jpg

Car: Bentley Speed 8
Team: Concrete Climax Racing [CCR]
Driver 1: @memto89
Driver 2: @Glenalz81

7ul6.jpg

Car: Peugeot 908
Team: Team High Adrenalin Rush [THAR]
Driver 1: @Ninners
Driver 2: @ZovoVanBasten

7ul6.jpg

Car: Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) '11
Team: Makozi Racing Internacional (MRI)
Driver 1: @Nik_Makozi
Driver 2: @Makozi

7ul6.jpg

Class: GTE
Car: BMW M3 GTE
Team: BMW Motorsport [BMW]
Driver 1: @rcb929
Driver 2: @NearCptNitro

7ul6.jpg

Car: Mazda RX7 LM
Team: Fang It Racing [FRT]
Driver 1: @RS__96__oO
Driver 2: @adam46

7ul6.jpg

Car: Mclaren F1 GTR
Team: Mad Dog Racing [MDR]
Driver 1: @FreakFromADR
Driver 2: @David Brooks

7ul6.jpg

Car: Chevorlet corvette ZR1
Team: Canary Motorsport [CMS]
Driver 1: @Phouchg
Driver 2: @Decambre95

7ul6.jpg

Car: Ford GT Spec II
Team: Team Motion Blur Orange [TMBO]
Driver 1: @gtpcaine
Driver 2: (TBC)

7ul6.jpg

Car: BMW GT2
Team: Top Notch Racing [TNR]
Driver 1: @ADR_PILOFINO
Driver 2: @TeamEdge702

7ul6.jpg

Car: Corvette ZR1
Team: TBC
Driver 1: TBC
Driver 2: TBC

7ul6.jpg

Car: Mclaren F1 GTR

7ul6.jpg

Car: Mazda RX7

7ul6.jpg

hpj4.jpg

*All Specs are copyright of

jiht.jpg
ye4q.jpg

9i20u.jpg

3n2kn.jpg
70qq.jpg

hiuv.jpg
ye4q.jpg

a3o1.jpg

2yrr.jpg
xka8.jpg
8w8c.jpg
eifa.jpg

ye4q.jpg

7ul6.jpg

gqvq.jpg

Lobby 1

Race day
Lobby will open when count down timer reaches 0. Spec check will begin 30 minutes after the count down timer finishes and will last for 10 minutes.
Qualifying
Qualifying is 20 minutes long and will only be conducted in lobby 1, Lobby 2 starting positions will be as a result of lobby 1 finishing positions.

Lobby 2

Race Day
Lobby will open and 40 mins of free running will commence. 40 minutes after the count down timer has finished the host will call spec check and all car will begin spec check. once spec check has finished the host will type the starting order, It is required that you pay attention and keep off headset or text box at this point so as to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Both Lobbies

Race
Due to the tyre glitch all cars will take off in grid order and go round the track in single file to the pits, once all cars are pitted and rolling again the cars will make their way round to sector 3 where the leader will slow down to 50 mph to group all traffic up. Cars will then move into double file formation with odds of the left and even on the right.
Start
Once all cars are in the correct order and in double file the leader will initiate starting orders. The leader will reach the grid slot markings, once they have reached this point they may accelerate at any point of their choosing. The person closest to the leader who has a headset will call "Green Green Green" once they see the leader accelerate.

gm12.jpg

fa0h.jpg

USA Leg

vcru.jpg

sjkz.jpg

t6n3.jpg

o7ql.jpg

European Leg

s6d3.jpg

1tdf.jpg

wms6.jpg

8hxm.jpg

Race 1 3 hours:
20:00 BST lobby open

Race 2 3 hours:
19:00 BST lobby open
Double Points

7vec.jpg

Race 1 3 hours:
20:00 GMT lobby open

Race 2 3 hours:
19:00 GMT lobby open
Double Points

z1ct.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:

Race 2 2 hours:

6ql8.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:

Race 2 2 hours:

Asian Leg

jcvk.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:

Race 2 2 hours:

qde8.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:

Race 2 2 hours:

o9ly.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:

Race 2 2 hours:

7ul6.jpg

*Click Image for Points.
All points will be given as part of a combined outcome from both lobbies!!

Driver Points

Driver points will be taken from class finishing positions.
If a driver does not make the race then they will score a DNS, both lobbies are added together.

Team Points

Teams will be scored together and will receive points for finishing position, they will not have driver points added together.

Manufacture Points

Manufacture points will be taken from the highest finishing car of the 2 cars. So if one team finishes in 3rd and the other in 5th then the 3rd place car will score the points.

Bonus points will be award for fastest lap, Pole and laps lead.

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Any questions or anything you see missing from the OP please PM me and i will make sure to sort the issue out.

The points table will be available as soon as it is finished

1fh2.jpg

Click the image to view the thread

jx69.jpg

8i7t.jpg

Coming Soon

Last edited:
If you look your team is already together ;), as long as your not bronze (which I'm guessing you won't be) then it doenst matter what grade you are you will be in a team with Izzy you are currently team 8

I will be online this evening GMT so if you are online I will get it done then!!

Last edited:
Does team mate's need to use the same car? Or can they use difetent? For example. Can i use an R18 and my team mate use a 908?

So do teams have to race at both nights
with atleast 1 driver? Can't do Sunday but can do Saturday.
one driver does one night and the other does the other night... if one driver can't make a race then the teams have th option to either run driver 1 again (meaning drive 2 doesn't get any points but the team does) or you can call a reserve driver.

Also.. Can we altern the race day? If i'm racing sundays but one wheek i cant, and race saturday instead.
Correct, it is purely up to the teams which night the drivers run on as long as 1 driver is in one lobby and the other is in the other.

Correct, it is purely up to the teams which night the drivers run on as long as 1 driver is in one lobby and the other is in the other.
OK, but whats the deal or diference of the lobby's i dont get it? Also, how will be the points structure? Don't see it in the OP.
And how and when will be the car selection?

Lobby 1 will be the "first half" of the 4 hour (normal) race which means lobby 1 will be run with qualifying.
Lobby 2 is the "second half" of the race, so the out come of the first race (regardless of penalties at this point) will be the order of race 2.

Points will be given out in the same way as season 2 so 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Car selection will be based upon the highest scoring member of your team from season 2, then the feeder series, then in order of signups for the new guys.

He said the car selections will start once the teams are formed. As for the order I believe it's people from WEC Season 2(in class) first then the newcomers.

EDIT: Tree'd

Also @memto89 is the disconnect part in the rules for mass dc or just one dc?

Last edited:
So can team run both driver's on the same race or is ot mandatory for team mates to be in different races?

Out of curiosity, may I ask why the 700+ hp? lmp of today aren't so high anymore, hence the R18 it has 534hp; which imo makes for better racing and with the this tire bug just makes it more likely for someone to spin or something

Just my opinion.

Out of curiosity, may I ask why the 700+ hp? lmp of today aren't so high anymore, hence the R18 it has 534hp; which imo makes for better racing and with the this tire bug just makes it more likely for someone to spin or something

Just my opinion.
This, I would like the lmp's to have less hp to make the racing better and more real.

I will say this, Ive been putting this series together for about 3 months now and make sure that everything is exactly how it should be, and as anyone who has run in my series before will know that I don't change things because I carefully consider every little detail, mainly because I'm a bit of a perfectionist lol

I will say this, Ive been putting this series together for about 3 months now and make sure that everything is exactly how it should be, and as anyone who has run in my series before will know that I don't change things because I carefully consider every little detail, mainly because I'm a bit of a perfectionist lol

Indeed, Matt has been planning this series for a long, long time now and when he says he's perfectionist, believe me, he's being truthful; I've seen him drive for hours to get some of these cars equal, so rest assured that everything has been thought out and, once it's time to race, it'll all fit together.

And since when did a little extra power hurt anyone? ;)

so this is the official season 3 thread? well I managed to hit a 1:44 with the audi R18 on Suzuka but in no way am I consistent so I'll have to work on that 👍

EDIT:also if anyone is still online the practice room is still open and probably will be until around 11pm est unless someone else is still in the room

EDIT: nevermind just got discoed

Last edited:
Back