CORSA (Competitive Online Racing Sim Association)One-Make Racing Series on Fridays. 3/2018 restart?PS4 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 270 comments
PSN ID: wAUt
GTP ID: wAUt
Posted official lap via PSN pm:
2:22.082
Posting pic on drivers behalf.
PS_Messages_20170516_194132.jpg

Last edited:
So, what's the game plan?
The plan is:
I will be setting up a few exhibition nights using the series format over the next few weeks as we get more drivers signed up. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the format with a small number of drivers, so we have everything lined up and the process set before we start the series with a potentially full grid. My plan is to start the official series on the first Sunday night in July. That gives us the next 6 weeks to build the drivers list and test the format before going green.

The plan is:
I will be setting up a few exhibition nights using the series format over the next few weeks as we get more drivers signed up. This will allow us to fine tune and tweak the format with a small number of drivers, so we have everything lined up and the process set before we start the series with a potentially full grid. My plan is to start the official series on the first Sunday night in July. That gives us the next 6 weeks to build the drivers list and test the format before going green.
👍

To test out the series format, I would like to set up a test run for this Sunday night around 10pm est. Let me know who can make it. I will list 2 combos we will run as soon as I can so everyone can tune and practice.
DutchRacer_GT (@DutchRacer_GT)

Silver Class
II-NOVA-II (@llNovall)
Rizred68
Schmiggz (@Schmiggz)
abetterplaya (@killerjimbag)
Luzinder. (@Luzindro)

Bronze Class
wAUt (@wAUt )

Combo 1

Lotus Exige S- Gold
Porsche Cayman GT4- silver
Audi r8 v10 plus- bronze
@
Mugello
12 laps? (20 minutes/race)
10 min qualifying
Weather: Mid Clear
Ambient temperature: 23 degrees C
Time multiplier: 1x
Optimum track condition

Combo 2
Bmw Z4 E89 -Gold
Porsche 718 Boxster S -Silver
Lotus Exige S Roadster- Bronze
@
Vallalunga Circuit
14 laps? (20 minutes/race)
Optimum track condition

Last edited:
Haha thanks guys, I'm sure the it'll fill up pretty quick. I'm excited to get this thing started! I'm playing with my brother tonight so idk if I'll be available to run the test.

Hey nova, is there going to be actual cautions and yellow flags, and someone playing as the pace car?

Haha thanks guys, I'm sure the it'll fill up pretty quick. I'm excited to get this thing started! I'm playing with my brother tonight so idk if I'll be available to run the test.

Hey nova, is there going to be actual cautions and yellow flags, and someone playing as the pace car?
Not tonight Dutch, Sunday night. Hope you can make it.

As for cautions and yellow flags, we will try a few things and see if there is a way to make it work for the series (maybe). Pace car is probably not an option given that person would likely wanna race as well.

As for cautions and yellow flags, we will try a few things and see if there is a way to make it work for the series (maybe). Pace car is probably not an option given that person would likely wanna race as well.
Ok then. My brother may want to do it lol

To test out the series format, I would like to set up a test run for this Sunday night around 10pm est. Let me know who can make it. I will list 2 combos we will run as soon as I can so everyone can tune and practice.
DutchRacer_GT (@DutchRacer_GT)

Silver Class
II-NOVA-II (@llNovall)
Rizred68
Schmiggz (@Schmiggz)
abetterplaya (@killerjimbaghhhhhhyyuj
Luzinder. (@Luzindro)

Bronze Class
wAUt (@wAUt )

Combo 1

Lotus Exige S- Gold
Porsche Cayman GT4- silver
Audi r8 v10 plus- bronze
@
Mugello
12 laps? (20 minutes/race)
10 min qualifying
Optimum track condition

Combo 2
Bmw Z4 E89 -Gold
Porsche 718 Boxster S -Silver
Lotus Exige S Roadster- Bronze
@
Vallalunga Circuit
14 laps? (20 minutes/race)
Optimum track condition
Time Trial Control Combo
Track: Nurburgring GP/GT
Car: BMW E92 M3
Hot Lap mode
Time: 14:00

Time trial classing results for each driver
II-NOVA-II. 2:19.545 (silver)
Rizred68. 2:20.277 (silver)
DutchRacer_GT 2:17.292 (gold)
Schmiggz. 2:20.950 (silver)
abetterplaya. 2:20.918 (silver)
Luzinder. 2:20.247 (silver)
wAUt. 2:22.082 (bronze)

Hey Nova, my brother is trying to join but ever since the update it asks for the track surface to be optimum, fast, slow, etc. What should be run it on, fast? Also I believe the car is handling a little different now because I tried it again and couldn't manage to get under a 2:19 lap time.

IMG_20170521_000144356.jpg

I chose "Optimum" for the track surface. I also agree that something must have changed with the physics. While I wasn't expecting a 2:17.xxx, I was looking for around a 2:20.500 - 2:21.999. SEVERAL attempts later I just ran a conservative lap an said, "Piss on it!" :lol: I probably should be a bronze anyhow.

Hey Nova, my brother is trying to join but ever since the update it asks for the track surface to be optimum, fast, slow, etc. What should be run it on, fast? Also I believe the car is handling a little different now because I tried it again and couldn't manage to get under a 2:19 lap time.
Optimum for the time trial. And yes, I noticed about a 1.5-2.0 second differrence as well. If possible, anyone who has the time, please rerun the time trial combo, and pm me the screenshot and I will update as necessary.

Just to remind you silver racers out there that the Porsche Cayman GT4 is the STREET car.
The race model is the Clubsport.
Thanks Schmiggz for pointing that out. Forgot there was a race version very similarly named. See ya tonight.

I really like your idea. This kind of remind me the SNAIL league that i joined before. I like the idea of handicaping for close racing. For me, racing is not all about winning but more about racing side by side. It is about racecraft of patient and clean overtake.

Looking at the lap time (bmw m3 e92 on Nurb gt), most of you guys are very close with 2:20:xxx. I just tried that and im way too slow th 2:23:092 :( which happens to be slowest. I dont want to jepardize the race due to my slow pace :(

Anyways, due to family and work, i wont have much time to race but would still love to follow this league and possibly join in the near future.

Could you guys please share the race settings as to what car on what track and the average race pace lap times. I would use that as a benchmark to improve myself.

Thank you all.

I really like your idea. This kind of remind me the SNAIL league that i joined before. I like the idea of handicaping for close racing. For me, racing is not all about winning but more about racing side by side. It is about racecraft of patient and clean overtake.

Looking at the lap time (bmw m3 e92 on Nurb gt), most of you guys are very close with 2:20:xxx. I just tried that and im way too slow th 2:23:092 :( which happens to be slowest. I dont want to jepardize the race due to my slow pace :(

Anyways, due to family and work, i wont have much time to race but would still love to follow this league and possibly join in the near future.

Could you guys please share the race settings as to what car on what track and the average race pace lap times. I would use that as a benchmark to improve myself.

Thank you all.
Great to see the interest. If you check out the drivers list in the original post, there is a spoiler box showing everyones initial placement times. Times with an asterisk next to them are corrected to 1.8 seconds slower than actual posted times. At a 2:23, you would be in a bronze driver level, but remember that it would afford you a faster car. Please dont hesitate to join. Clean and consistent is what should win races in this series. I was and still am a long standing memeber of Snail, and used alot of resources and ideas from that club. Hope to see you join us. We are having an exhibition run tonight at 10pm est to do a shakedown of the format. Post a screenahot of your fastest time here in the thread, and I will officially place you. Race when you can. Also, check out the first few posts in this thread. All the info you need should be there.

I figured. You and quite a few others from ther other side of the pond are in the same boat. Its ashame, I have raced with alot of very fast and respectable drivers from your region, and it would be great if you fellas could race this with us.

Back