Cost of GT6

• Thread starter bzking23
  • 38 comments
i think if GT6 ends up to be gt5 but with added features and maybe a few more cars and tracks it will be 60$ but if GT6 is a brand new game with remodeled cars and tracks with loads of new features, i am assuming that it could be sold at 70$ but not a cent more.

If games are going to cost more than there are now...bye bye consoles for me...why? Simple consoles have not the latest hardware specifications, games are tuned down in most cases and prices are really high for what we are paying for at least talking about multi-platform games.

I literally stopped buying multi-platform PS3 games (i have more than 40...and 1st day buy 60 to 70 euros at Spain) because of the bad quality that we are seeing in games...and that since a couple of years...i still bought some PS3 exclusives (Starhawk for example, at release) but then i have my PC which is capable of playing all games at 1080p resolution and at very high frame rates and with all graphics and detail...and man on PC games at release are cheaper, and if you wait just one month (hype is a bad thing) you can buy those games for the half price or even less...on Steam (mostly) or Desura. Even Origin ,which sucks, with EA games you can buy them at low price one month after release (Crysis 2 was 20 euros one month after release and Syndicate the same)...the key is that once developers "recover" the money spent in making the game they can cut the prices...but on consoles they wait more and don´t know why really. (well...blue ray, physical discs, production costs compared to digital/downloadable games if you want a simple reason)

But as i said before...they spend more money on physical discs and stuff but the quality of the games is way lower (even when the game is the same and "plays the same" somehow) and it costs you more.

I grow up since i got my PS3...well i wasn´t a kid because i am 27 now but i work for my money and i need to be smart in how i spend and use it.

I always have both platforms (PS2/3 and PC) but because of hype in games i forgot about the advantages of PC against consoles and now i am buying great games that i missed and can be modded and stuff like that and i am having a lot of good times.

The truth is that PC´s last longer even if you don´t upgrade it every 2 years, and if you need that little power to make your games look and play better by not spending tons of money in the games itself you can buy whatever you need to your PC and keep playing as you really wish.

The only good thing really about consoles is the easy and simple way that you can use it...just buy the game and don´t worry about compatibilities and stuff like that...your game is going to run...worst or better but it will...and last but not least the multiplayer experience is more even and you don´t have as much hackers as you have on PC. Thanks to having the same hardware for everybody multi-player is equal and if you are better than others you can really know it and "prove" it by how you play.

On PC that changes because some guys buy expensive PC´s which outperforms you by a mile and you have to deal with it and even if you are better playing at 40 FPS is not the same like the one playing at more than 120FPS...despite the little barely to non noticeable difference that our eyes can´t notice after 60FPS but smoothness is something that you with a mouse can notice...and add too that by having more frame rate you are going to have less frame drops...so again smoothness everywhere and you´ll play comfortable.

So, i went a little out of topic but i just wanted to show you guys why i think that games on consoles "NOW" are expensive...and hope they don´t charge us for lower quality and change the way they are doing things...it would be great to have consoles with proper performances...a huge HDD inside and games being cheaper and downloadable as happens on PC with Steam (which for gamers...is like heaven...i bought 7 games at this past Summer sales...still not even started some, lol)

Sure games are going to cost more to produce but who knows...Sony bought Gaikai and by now you can buy games on PSN...price is still the same as physical (DVD/blue Ray) at release...and that not sense. (well in fact yes...because it can´t be fare to you to go and buy a physical for 60 and the guy on PSN buy the same thing for 50 for example, imagine that)

They need to change that way of selling games...but again not everybody has an amazing network connection and not even one at all...so i don´t know.

I care for my money, not for my games. You all should too.

TL-DR lol.

Toronado
Unless you have something to suggest that Sony would risk negative publicity and lost sales to arbitrarily charge more money for a game that they are guaranteed to make a profit on anyway, of course. By all means share it if you do.

If GT6 comes on ps4, Sony already knows there are people that are going to pay $400+ on a new console. You really think they won't try to milk you for an extra $5-$10 for a game? Look at Call of Duty games, they have a 1 year playable shelf life. This year they had the option for "Elite" which was extra $$ above the base game price, and as far as I know no one got any negative publicity for milking the consumer out of more money.

Current price point in most stores has been lifted to 69€ on good games on release date. Some still charge just the regular 59€. There might be new standard price for games next gen but I do not believe it. I just do not make sense in this economy, especially in Europe. Also retailers would be very pissed if down-loadable versions of games were cheaper.

wait, the games cost $60 there in the USA? In Spain the new games cost €70 ($87 Today), and this is without the new higher taxes.

In Portugal the same and I am pretty sure even without taxes it will kiss the75€ barrier (93$) so I just don't want to imagine how expensive it will be...👎

Games in general are getting better an better so price (at least in Portugal) goes higher and higher plus the big crises we are going through, taxes are getting higher so price goes up even more... If GT6 will make justice to his name at least 93$

arent there games that come out every now and then that cost more than the ordinary retail price? like wii sports resort, it costed the same amount of money for a wii game but you had to buy wii motion plus, so i think gt6 may cost more than the retail price, they may force you to buy add ons or else you cant get the full game experience.

Don't forget your standard pack, platinum addition, diamond addition, gear head plus version and the super max plus like a BOSS edition.

Not applicable in all countries..

Back