Cote d' Azur B-Spec

• Thread starter Menasor
  • 34 comments
Funny, I'm running this same race and have the same issues. I'm going to keep trying different cars and Bobs and see what happens. Haven't reached the frustrated/aggravated point yet. :-)

Funny, I'm running this same race and have the same issues. I'm going to keep trying different cars and Bobs and see what happens. Haven't reached the frustrated/aggravated point yet. :-)

The hit Bob took into the barrier for me was so hard that the front of the car lifted off the ground nearly as high as the barrier at the chicane after the tunnel and slid back into the racing line where the hits started.

I'm currently running a black Ford GT LM car as recommended (for about the 30th time) and came up with the idea that if Bob keeps crashing into apexes, I'll make him understeer. I reduced the front downforce to minimum and upped the power to make the 650pp. So far he's only crashed once, on the last corner, and even then he only clipped it. He's on lap 5 so far and just behind the Zonda LM and miles away from the rest of the pack. I haven't given him any instructions so far, we'll see how it pans out.

Lap 7 now, still no crashes but won't overtake the Zonda, even though I've tried upping the pace and asking Bob to overtake. I might try.....
JUST OVERTOOK THE ZONDA! Unbelievably this was on the chicane after the tunnel, overtaking on the inside!
Bob's now a couple of seconds ahead of the Zonda and all is going well...

Lap 9 now, Bob's fastest. I've left him to do his thing, now all I have to worry about is him hitting the back markers...

Lap 10, SLOW DOWN BOB!!! He's just behind the Yellow hat, no, just in front now, but no dramas. No traffic coming through the tunnel...
Clean through the chicane, coming up behind the Ceruma toyota coming up to the last corner. AH!!!!!! The toyota crashed on the last cornerand Bob went into him. I nearly smashed my keyboard in frustration but the weight of the Ford smashed it out of the way and I cruised to an easy win.

By the way, I ran the race without changing the transmission (max speed 236mph!), so never got out of 5th gear. I'll run the race again with the same settings but shorter ratios and see what happens...

Second time around. Bob's much quicker, but has just been taken out on the last corner of the first lap by (I think) the Takata NSX. And on the chicane on the second lap. Neither are Bob's fault, both crashes are caused by other cars reversing into Bob's front bumper...

Oh no, Bob's going for the inside............ BANG!!! (lap 3 chicane after tunnel)

Lap 4 is clean with no traffic and Bob posts a decent lap time of 1:38.990.

End of lap 5 and Bob tries to overtake the Jag XJ13 on the inside of the last corner... You can guess the rest

Lap 6 tries to overtake the Jag XJ13 on the inside of the chicane...

Oh Bob.... Lap 7 chicane, XJ13...

Lap 8 and I've just given Bob some encouragement by giving him his first instruction to overtake. He's now ahead of the XJ13 and a GT-R and is now 8 seconds behind the Zonda with 2 laps to go.

End of lap 9 and Bob just overtook the Zonda on the second last corner, leaving him clear on the last. He just nearly spun at the top of the uphill straight, due to a full stress meter and is now all over the place. The Zonda is on his behind.
Last corner, clean and home free.

If anyone is still reading this thread, try putting your front downforce to minimum, rear to maximum, it worked for me first 2 times against the Zonda.

Edit: My Bob is level 40 and with a temperament just on the hot side of the middle line.

Cheers

I always gave my Bob a superior car and at the critical points of the track gave him pace down commands and have never had one crash. I have also found out here recently that every Bob races differently. They may have the same temperament meaning hot or cold but each Bob is as different as each human is different.

All of my Bobs are about 1/4 past the middle towards hot but they each drive differently though I train them all the same. I have one that is just a tad hotter and can put him in a race and not give any commands and he wins easily every time. The others I have to watch constantly. I have not achieved level 40 yet so I can't speak specifically about a level 40 driver. I do however have 22 different Bobs on 4 accounts all with as close as I can get to the same temperament and everyone of the drive differently.

I'm currently running a black Ford GT LM car as recommended (for about the 30th time) and came up with the idea that if Bob keeps crashing into apexes, I'll make him understeer. I reduced the front downforce to minimum and upped the power to make the 650pp. So far he's only crashed once, on the last corner, and even then he only clipped it. He's on lap 5 so far and just behind the Zonda LM and miles away from the rest of the pack. I haven't given him any instructions so far, we'll see how it pans out.

Lap 7 now, still no crashes but won't overtake the Zonda, even though I've tried upping the pace and asking Bob to overtake. I might try.....
JUST OVERTOOK THE ZONDA! Unbelievably this was on the chicane after the tunnel, overtaking on the inside!
Bob's now a couple of seconds ahead of the Zonda and all is going well...

Lap 9 now, Bob's fastest. I've left him to do his thing, now all I have to worry about is him hitting the back markers...

Lap 10, SLOW DOWN BOB!!! He's just behind the Yellow hat, no, just in front now, but no dramas. No traffic coming through the tunnel...
Clean through the chicane, coming up behind the Ceruma toyota coming up to the last corner. AH!!!!!! The toyota crashed on the last cornerand Bob went into him. I nearly smashed my keyboard in frustration but the weight of the Ford smashed it out of the way and I cruised to an easy win.

By the way, I ran the race without changing the transmission (max speed 236mph!), so never got out of 5th gear. I'll run the race again with the same settings but shorter ratios and see what happens...

Second time around. Bob's much quicker, but has just been taken out on the last corner of the first lap by (I think) the Takata NSX. And on the chicane on the second lap. Neither are Bob's fault, both crashes are caused by other cars reversing into Bob's front bumper...

Oh no, Bob's going for the inside............ BANG!!! (lap 3 chicane after tunnel)

Lap 4 is clean with no traffic and Bob posts a decent lap time of 1:38.990.

End of lap 5 and Bob tries to overtake the Jag XJ13 on the inside of the last corner... You can guess the rest

Lap 6 tries to overtake the Jag XJ13 on the inside of the chicane...

Oh Bob.... Lap 7 chicane, XJ13...

Lap 8 and I've just given Bob some encouragement by giving him his first instruction to overtake. He's now ahead of the XJ13 and a GT-R and is now 8 seconds behind the Zonda with 2 laps to go.

End of lap 9 and Bob just overtook the Zonda on the second last corner, leaving him clear on the last. He just nearly spun at the top of the uphill straight, due to a full stress meter and is now all over the place. The Zonda is on his behind.
Last corner, clean and home free.

If anyone is still reading this thread, try putting your front downforce to minimum, rear to maximum, it worked for me first 2 times against the Zonda.

Edit: My Bob is level 40 and with a temperament just on the hot side of the middle line.

Cheers
You should definitely consider a career as a sport commentator

Also i just finished with the GT test car with rigidity improvement, stage 3 engine tuning and supercharger then wound down the power until it was at 650pp, other than that it was untouched, came 3rd mainly because the GTR concept LM and Zonda were out in front pushing eachother's pace up, but Bob didn't either of the problem corners once, I think we have progress

Exited and restarted the race, top car is a Viper team oreca, got into first with my GT mid-5th lap, not a single problem the whole race, highly recommend the GT test car

Last edited:
Back