Could PCars 2 be a gem on the new Xbox?

• Thread starter Sam714
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
With the disappointment of PCars 3 not taking over from PCars 2, I wonder if PC2 could be great on the new powerful Xbox. A lot of issues on PC2 were screen tearing and slowdown and also with very large grids affecting AI performance etc, even on PC/XBOX one X

I wonder if on the new powerful xbox as its backwards compatible the game may shine as there will be plenty of performance for it and maybe will breath some new life into the great game

With the disappointment of PCars 3 not taking over from PCars 2, I wonder if PC2 could be great on the new powerful Xbox. A lot of issues on PC2 were screen tearing and slowdown and also with very large grids affecting AI performance etc, even on PC/XBOX one X

I wonder if on the new powerful xbox as its backwards compatible the game may shine as there will be plenty of performance for it and maybe will breath some new life into the great game

I don't remember where I read it, but it was somewhere on this site - PC2 will not be compatible with the next generation consoles.

You would like to expect, with the new hardware we should have no screen tearing, no slow down during heavy processing (thunderstorm at night) & no juddering when all AI cars decide to pit at the same time, solid 60fps & all while at full gfx settings.

If we're to believe what MS is saying that is.

Yes - I am sure I read that PC2 will not be PS5 compatible - although personally I hope that this is wrong.
If it’s what I read, sms only said there wouldn’t be any next gen patch for pc2.
I don’t think they even commented about whether it would work or not, but given that it uses dynamic resolution and next gen having x86 architecture along with supposed backwards compatibility I’d hope it will work with at least better resolution and steady FPS.
I can’t really see any technical reason that it wouldn’t work on either new console.

If it’s what I read, sms only said there wouldn’t be any next gen patch for pc2.
I don’t think they even commented about whether it would work or not, but given that it uses dynamic resolution and next gen having x86 architecture along with supposed backwards compatibility I’d hope it will work with at least better resolution and steady FPS.
I can’t really see any technical reason that it wouldn’t work on either new console.

Thanks for clarifying - what you say sounds right and must be what I read, but I am not tech savvy so misunderstood!

Yes - I am sure I read that PC2 will not be PS5 compatible - although personally I hope that this is wrong.

I would hope that the PS5 could play it. The game itself is great, but the bugs (possibly too much for PS4/XB1 to process) spoil the fun. I just want to be able to play all of my PS4 games on the PS5. I only have 1 game disc & GT7 is already on the way for PS5.

I would hope that the PS5 could play it. The game itself is great, but the bugs (possibly too much for PS4/XB1 to process) spoil the fun. I just want to be able to play all of my PS4 games on the PS5. I only have 1 game disc & GT7 is already on the way for PS5.

The PS4 game that I most want to be able to play on PS5 is Wreckfest - the loading times are very slow on PS4, but hopefully will be quick on next generation. Also just heard today that there is a new season pass.

Some people here and there say that Physically all games would be available, but there is no certain information on how they would look and perform. For obvious reasons there is nothing to expect from digital game and trust, yet, to all what I have said above.

I'd love PCARS2 to be updated a bit for the new consoles. Maybe a few QoL improvements and maybe more cars offline and online. Dreaming I know but would be cool regardless.

Considering PC2 uses both dynamic resolution & frame rate, these are the 2 most important aspects of running BC games on the the SX as it will/should (from what I've been hearing) upscale to what it can natively achieve with the power it has (hopefully full 4K at 60fps)

Unlike ACC which is capped at 30fps so it'll still be 30fps on the SX as it can't unlock frame rate without a patch from the devs.

Considering PC2 uses both dynamic resolution & frame rate, these are the 2 most important aspects of running BC games on the the SX as it will/should (from what I've been hearing) upscale to what it can natively achieve with the power it has (hopefully full 4K at 60fps)

Unlike ACC which is capped at 30fps so it'll still be 30fps on the SX as it can't unlock frame rate without a patch from the devs.

If I get PS5, first game I would load is PC2, hope someone will get it faster and confirm that PC2 could benefit without patches. But to be honest, wish at least, it will work at any state.

It won't get any sort of boost (SMS are not the sort of developer to bother) but I can't see any particular reason why PC2 won't just work in PS4/Pro mode on PS5.

It won't get any sort of boost (SMS are not the sort of developer to bother) but I can't see any particular reason why PC2 won't just work in PS4/Pro mode on PS5.

In all fairness, I wouldn't really expect any developer to update a 3+ year old game for a new console. GTA V will be the exception, but that game appears to be a continuous money printing machine...

Latest Posts

Back